Football daft podcast, 14/9/2021, Connie McLaughlin

Boabmeister

Listened to this earlier today , actually quite enjoyed it . She was on about being a Juventus fan & loving the ch 4 coverage back in the day , going to Turin , James Richardson , Del Piero , etc . Later she was asked about the septic vs Juventus game , who she was supporting ?

Let’s just say , it wasn’t Juventus .

Last edited:
She's started to do the 5live breakfast show at the weekend and is actually ok on it.
First morning she was on her xo presenter asked who she supported, she said at first she couldn't say due to the rivalry in Scotland, eventually admitted what we all knew already.

In fairness there are a good few people on here who also support other teams but I’d imagine the majority would support Rangers in a head to head.
I've always found the idea of supporting two teams stupid for that reason. As unlikely as it is, you could end up with both of 'your' teams playing against each other happy with a win, lose or draw. It defeats the entire point of football.

To be fair she did say she was a celtic fan growing up and when asked when they played Juventus who did she support she said Celtic. She actually came across quite well on the pod I thought even if it is ripping right out of her.

She's started to do the 5live breakfast show at the weekend and is actually ok on it.
First morning she was on her xo presenter asked who she supported, she said at first she couldn't say due to the rivalry in Scotland, eventually admitted what we all knew already.

I guess the counselling/wellness/inspiration business didn’t work out.

No one cares if she’s a tim if she acts with impartiality when doing her job.

James McFadden or Neil McCann come to mind as guys who can cement without showing (obvious bias)

Likes of her or her brother cannot even fake impartiality

JS51304452.jpg

Wood…

Typing note, there is no space between the last letter and comma or a full stop.
Mark , I'd hate you as my English teacher.... straight C's through school the rest A's. Its as if I couldn't read or write lol

I've always found the idea of supporting two teams stupid for that reason. As unlikely as it is, you could end up with both of 'your' teams playing against each other happy with a win, lose or draw. It defeats the entire point of football.
I support more teams. Rangers first team. Rangers B Team, Rangers ladies, Rangers youth teams. And then a little bit of Feynoord. :)

Back