Football Daft Podcast

mkgers

I listened to this fairly regularly when it was Grado and Ewan Cameron but fell away when Tanner got involved. Didn't think he was that bad but just wasn't the same for me. It popped into my head today and I see its still going with Grado and two other guys. Is it worth a listen again?

Also does anybody know why Ewan pulled out?

I was the same it completely dropped off my radar maybe a year or so ago? It was a good laugh in its early days and the 2 OGs had great chemistry.
These things always break down when they go down the ‘token twig’ route.

Nobody knows about Ewan, rumours were personal reason but then he appeared on Clyde. He was on their Xmas special and was a bit blunt with how it had turned into a rabble with folk shouting over each other.

I've listened recently and it's been decent, maybe that's due to us winning but Toal has been shown up as a vile bigot and even now his lack of humour is apparent. Grado is still funny, Purdon in general speaks about what we see and is decent. Would say it's more aimed at an U20 ish crowd now though than us old Yin's in our mid 30s B-D

I read on here he has been quite rhabid on social media in the past but I think Toal is alright, and on some occasions funny.

awright shagger :D

Grado and Boab rip the piss out of him these days.

Last edited:
Nobody knows about Ewan, rumours were personal reason but then he appeared on Clyde. He was on their Xmas special and was a bit blunt with how it had turned into a rabble with folk shouting over each other.

I've listened recently and it's been decent, maybe that's due to us winning but Toal has been shown up as a vile bigot and even now his lack of humour is apparent. Grado is still funny, Purdon in general speaks about what we see and is decent. Would say it's more aimed at an U20 ish crowd now though than us old Yin's in our mid 30s B-D
Yeah he totally dodged the question on the show before Christmas.

I don't mind it it's still a decent listen. Toal does show his true colours on it but even at times he can be funny as well. It's not the same as when Ewan was on but even when he was he would always cut people off mid answer.

You can see from YouTube numbers they are down from when they first started which I don't know if its down to Ewan leaving or the fact they don't really discuss the football anymore. Their patreon side hasn't kicked off either last time i saw it they only had 84 people signed up it's too expensive or else I would have signed up for it. Not sure how much longer it will last but as I say still a decent listen.

I enjoyed it when it was ewan and grado, they had a connection. I persevered when it changed to toal and purdon but it just wasn't working. Seemed forced

Yeah he totally dodged the question on the show before Christmas.

I don't mind it it's still a decent listen. Toal does show his true colours on it but even at times he can be funny as well. It's not the same as when Ewan was on but even when he was he would always cut people off mid answer.

You can see from YouTube numbers they are down from when they first started which I don't know if its down to Ewan leaving or the fact they don't really discuss the football anymore. Their patreon side hasn't kicked off either last time i saw it they only had 84 people signed up it's too expensive or else I would have signed up for it. Not sure how much longer it will last but as I say still a decent listen.
i totally agree with you. Toal can hit out with a cheeky comment but its meant to be banter between them. Grado/Stephen give it back.

With regards to the patreon, i also agree with you. Really expensive when you compare it to other patreon subscriptions. The obvious one being Heart and Hand. Much much better value for money and i dont imagine the content would even be anywhere near the amount Heart and Hand offers. Thats why i dont subscribe to it.

A listened to the show this week and tbf to Toal he’s grew on me pardon the pun he’s giving his team it tight quite a funny wee lady's front bottom if am honest well worth listening to it some moments a was pissing myself at

Refuse to watch something with a bigoted wee dwarf that has a deformed face tbh!
Seen a clip and he was saying he’d slash somebody or something.
He’s get put in a wheelie bin FS!!

I still enjoy it & Toal doesn't bother me at all tbh.

There's more than enough in depth Football podcasts going about so I welcome the fact shows like this & Open Goal don't take themselves too seriously.

I enjoy it, generally catch it every week. Tom Stoltman was the guest on it last week, good Rangers man.

Doesn’t take itself too seriously. Toal is a Celtic fan but gets as good as he gives, especially in recent weeks.

i totally agree with you. Toal can hit out with a cheeky comment but its meant to be banter between them. Grado/Stephen give it back.

With regards to the patreon, i also agree with you. Really expensive when you compare it to other patreon subscriptions. The obvious one being Heart and Hand. Much much better value for money and i dont imagine the content would even be anywhere near the amount Heart and Hand offers. Thats why i dont subscribe to it.
Same as myself I compare it to heart and hand pricing. To be honest I would only listen to Rangers daft on it to see what Grado and Purdon thought of the game so it's not worth the £8 or whatever it is a month.

Aye Toal doesn't really bother me to be honest he is the bitter type of Tim but the banter between them is quite good and they all take it well as well.

For anyone who still watching how is that wee dick handling recent events?
Hes been brutally honest about it and has been wanting Lennon sacked for weeks. He was raging in last weeks show about Dubai as well.

Reactions: d72
Garbage
If Euan Cameron took over SSB it would be blockbuster radio and old spew would probably retire about time :))

For anyone still doubting if Grado and Stephen give as good as they get to the wee poet Toal.

This week's guest is Shaun Williamson aka Barry from Eastenders !!! LOL :D

The production company went into liquidation, as they couldn't afford to pay their staff, including Ewen & Grado.

Ewen was apparently raging that he hadn't been paid in weeks, and eventually chucked in the towel.

Now produced by the same mob, but under a phoenix brand.

Listened to them at the start. Now it's just a show full of neds, that are barely able to chuck three syllables together. Only Grado rescues it, just.

H&H Patreon is worth every penny.

Followed it a lot with Ewan and Grado, then persevered with Tanner even though it changed the dynamic a bit. Kind of lost interest when Shellsuit Bob and Toal came on the scene - could listen for a wee bit but couldn't take a full show with Toal involved.

That said, listened to the interview with Tom Stoltman last night and it was actually a decent wee listen. Certainly kept getting the wee digs in and to be fair to Toal, he took it well.

Couldn't help but think it was a bit of a rabble but will concede that some of it might be down to the current video call format.

Back