Football Documentaries

forzarangers87

Official Ticketer
Can anyone recommend any good football documentaries? Doesn't have to necessarily be Rangers or British football.

Cheers

Great doc. Taylor is pure comedy
“Do I not like that”

Taylor to the Lino during the Holland game “Tell your referee pal he’s just got me the sack!”
To be fair to Taylor the referee in the Holland match was a disgrace

His match instructions to Nigel Clough when hes coming on as a sub. Clough didnt have a clue what he was talking about

His match instructions to Nigel Clough when hes coming on as a sub. Clough didnt have a clue what he was talking about
Taylor “So you play in there (gestures), ok?”
Clough “Yep”
Taylor “Try to effect the game behind (gestures) alright?”
Clough “Ok so I’m playing out left?”
Taylor “(looks at him) What, no, not at all”

Taylor “So you play in there (gestures), ok?”
Clough “Yep”
Taylor “Try to effect the game behind (gestures) alright?”
Clough “Ok so I’m playing out left?”
Taylor “(looks at him) What, no, not at all”

Superb :D

Who is the other guy on the bench in the suit? Recoginse his face.

Channel 4 doc on Hoddle's time at Swindon.

And the original Sunderland Till I Die (Premier Passions all 5 episodes and the follow up episode Premier Pressures)

Sunderland Till I Die is "fooking weak as piss" compared to this. "Fooking weak as piss"

I watched the George Best one that was on the other day earlier this afternoon. I'd recorded it. All By Himself it's called. Was very good but i actually found it very sad at the same time. The guy was an absolute genius at a very young age. You're talking best-in-the-world stuff possibly. Such a fast demise though, through the demon drink. Found myself thinking about my long ,long gone dad too, as Paddy Crerand is in it quite a bit, and my old man absolutely DESPISED him! Well worth a watch though.

Decent ones I've watched in the last year or so include:

Sunderland til I die (Netflix)
All or nothing - man city (Amazon)
All or nothing - leeds utd (amazon)
All or nothing - Borussia Dortmund - subtitles (amazon)
All or nothing - Brazil - subtitles (amazon)
Maradona - subtitles (c4)
Bt sports films - numerous good docs in that series.

Amazon Prime has got all the official World Cup films. The standout is ‘Hero’ about the ‘86 World Cup - great footage, top soundtrack & narrated my Michael Caine.

Amazon also has Stevie G's "Make Us Dream", "Becoming Zlatan" which is a really good look at Zlatan's early career at Malmo and Ajax with plenty of behind the scenes and home footage and another good one called "Do You Want to Win ?" which is a look how Howard Wilkinson built Leeds from a second division side to English champions inside 3 years.

Amazon Prime has got all the official World Cup films. The standout is ‘Hero’ about the ‘86 World Cup - great footage, top soundtrack & narrated my Michael Caine.

That sounds interesting. Being born in 1991 I obviously missed the 80s and can't really remember the 90s but for me, it's fantastic to look back at all the footage of the time.

The Maradona one on Channel 4 the other week was a prime example of that.

Decent ones I've watched in the last year or so include:

Sunderland til I die (Netflix)
All or nothing - man city (Amazon)
All or nothing - leeds utd (amazon)
All or nothing - Borussia Dortmund - subtitles (amazon)
All or nothing - Brazil - subtitles (amazon)
Maradona - subtitles (c4)
Bt sports films - numerous good docs in that series.

Maradona in Mexico on Netflix is well worth a watch too.

Watched one today about the foreign invasion of English Football starting with Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa signing for Spurs
You should get it on the STV player

Next Goal Wins is a 2014 British documentary film directed by Mike Brett and Steve Jamison. The film chronicles the national football team of American Samoa as they try to recover from the indignity of being known as one of the weakest football teams in the world, and to qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

This was superb - you will also find out what a Fa'afafine is .

Back