Football Documentaries

There was one on BT Sports and I think it was called Two Tribes.
It's all about football in Liverpool in the 80s when both Everton and Liverpool had great sides. It takes in politics, music etc of that era.
Well worth a watch.
Anyone know where i can watch this? or can someone pm a BT Sports login, cheers

The BT sport films are good, they've had one on the Bradford Fir, another called Golazzo, the italian football story which are good.
THe BT Wimbledon Crazy Gang Doc was really good too. Fashanu couldnt be anymore c.unty if he tried, a total bully as was Wally Downes. Vinnie Jones came out of it looking like a pussy who was in awe of Fashanu. Their treatment of John Scales was terrible.
The Notts Forest “I Believe in Miracles” and Everton “Howard’s Way” were great too if you’re of a certain vintage.

Grasping the Thistle. Follows Partick Thistle going for promotion at the end of the 2001-2002 and includes a Cup semi final against us. John Lambie is the manager, worth watching for him.

The Maradona documentary was very good.
There was a Pele documentary on Netflix a few months ago which was also very good.

I seem to recall an old documentary about the Colombian drug lord, Pablo Escobar, which linked-in with the tragic shooting of Colombia's captain, also named Escobar, at the 1994 WC in America. Can't remember the exact title but it was brilliant and tragic in equal measure.

The Maradona documentary was very good.
There was a Pele documentary on Netflix a few months ago which was also very good.

I seem to recall an old documentary about the Colombian drug lord, Pablo Escobar, which linked-in with the tragic shooting of Colombia's captain, also named Escobar, at the 1994 WC in America. Can't remember the exact title but it was brilliant and tragic in equal measure.
That's The Two Escobars. Brilliant documentary.

The Maradona one by Asif Kapadia - watched first half of it and it's great so far.
As others said, The Two Escobars is excellent.
Goal, the 1986 World Cup film too.
Anything about Brian Clough.
Also anything about Shankly and the Liverpool dynasties from the 60s to 1990 is probably pretty good.
Anyone seen the Busby documentary from 2019?
Keane and Vieira one was decent.

Great doc. Taylor is pure comedy
“Do I not like that”

Taylor to the Lino during the Holland game “Tell your referee pal he’s just got me the sack!”
To be fair to Taylor the referee in the Holland match was a disgrace
Great doc.

The amount of abuse Graham Taylor took was mental. Looking back after a few decades he comes across as a sympathetic figure. not a joke.

There's only one Barry Fry.

Warnock (a documentary about Neil Warnock).

Orient: Club on a Fiver.

All three worth a watch.

Last edited:
* Spoiler Alert. I am really into Football Documentaries and I would thoroughly recommend, 'The Game Of Their Lives' about the North Korean football team who qualified for the 1966 World Cup in England and their giant-killing exploits e.g they defeated Italy and qualified from a tough group that also included Chile, I think. They also gave Portugal a run for their money in the QF by going 3 v 0 up in the first 20 mins. The docu was produced in 2002.

There were only seven players remaining from that team and all were interviewed. It is just as much a social commentary about North Korea the country and the first Asian team to qualify and travel to another continent for a World Cup. A real third world Communist-Totallitarian country, both unknown and mysterious who were expected to be the whipping boys of the tournament.

Despite what anyone tells you they were the story of the 1966 World Cup and not England! They played their group games in Middlesbrough's Ayrsome Park and the locals really fell in love with them and supported them. The docu may be difficult to obtain though with only partial 10 minute clips on YouTube but the DVD seems still for sale.

Nature's Fire about Bill Shankly, I believe in miracles is superb but another on Prime is Barcelona Take it pass it - a fascinating insight to Peps' Barca

Haven’t read the thread but.

Make us dream (assume everyone has seen it, but still).

The Two Escobars

Footballs greatest (most episodes on YouTube).

I am Francesco Totti (one of the best football movies I’ve watched)

I don't know if it's available or where exactly I saw it, but there was a fairly recent one on Kenny Dalglish which was good. I found him a lot more intriguing than I imagined him to be; quite a career. Is the Maradona one on Prime?

Kaiser the greatest footballer never to play football ,
Carlos `Kaiser' Henrique Raposo convinces football clubs that he is a professional player with the help of some journalist friends, and enjoys the lifestyle despite never having played the game. Played for some of the biggest clubs in brazil yet never played a game and lived the high life of a professional footballer

Some great calls in here.

Gained a lot of respect for Ian Wright after watching the Wrighty & Rocky documentary.

The Graham Taylor one was good, but felt sorry for the guy - he was an absolute gentleman and the level of stick he took was way over the top.

And I loved the North Korean one too.

I watched this yesterday

Harrigan's History pod on Heart and Hand were talking about this last night. Great documentary. The way the media go after Taylor is a disgrace, but not unexpected.

Worth a watch. Especially with how prevalent this sort of behaviour is in recent years.

Back