Football fans return, possibly October

coplandrearl36

Official Ticketer
Jason Leitch asked the question “ A football Club is trying to sell S/T on the back of some fans getting in soon”.
He replied i can’t give you a date, we’ve had meetings however with SFA and SPFL but I could say you could pencil in maybe October.

Is this why there is a suggestion of Mhanks game 1st week in October.

Every OF since our return to the top league has been September, you just know the first OF game this season will be pushed back for this reason. Vermin have demanded it.

Forget about keeping them out the piggery ,the sooner Rangers fans can get back inside Ibrox the better.

They'll put the first old firm as far back in 1st round of fixtures as possible to give them every chance i think we all know that will be the case

Wasn't Liewell talking about having fans back in early August. Sure I even saw late July mooted. I'd be surprised if its more than 10% in any case.

No fans suits us. It gives them less chance of selling season tickets for anywhere close to full price.

I assume this means limited socially distanced crowds, not full capacity.

So the piggery against us in October will still look like a game from the Ronny Deila era with vast numbers of empty seats.

And no matter the crowd limit, we should insist on 800 as that is our allocation. Nobody ever said it was a percentage we got, it's a number.

Wasn't Liewell talking about having fans back in early August. Sure I even saw late July mooted. I'd be surprised if its more than 10% in any case.

Yep, was talking about fans being back in the ground by then. The same week the mentally challengeds announced they were extending their season ticket renewal deadline...why the need for that if sales are strong? We’ve had 40,000 renewals however and didn’t need to extend the deadline (both were 30 June).

This would also tie in with the mentally challengeds wanting the OF moved to October. He’s trying to pull the wool over his own flock.

Remember the filth had a lucrative friendly lined up a few years ago, so the SPFL bent over and changed the rules to allow a team to cancel a game (first or second of season I think) to play friendlies. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see the first old firm scheduled for start of season, then they arrange a friendly for same day and get the league match rescheduled for later in season when fans are allowed back.

Jason Leitch asked the question “ A football Club is trying to sell S/T on the back of some fans getting in soon”.
He replied i can’t give you a date, we’ve had meetings however with SFA and SPFL but I could say you could pencil in maybe October.

Even then it will be a fazed return
I don’t think we’ll get full house again till around Christmas or the new year

It was too dangerous to finish the league but now lawwel wants fans back ASAP so they do not have any disadvantage in the first OF game and because they can’t sell season tickets

How do the dramatic posters feel now, those who told us first of all there wouldn’t be football of any kind this year, never mind with fans, they also told us it could be 2022 before any fans are allowed into stadiums :D

And no matter the crowd limit, we should insist on 800 as that is our allocation. Nobody ever said it was a percentage we got, it's a number.

If it's not BCD and say 20% of the capacity there is ZERO chance they will allow Away Fans.

They will, mid Oct is the latest they can do. Best case scenario by that point is maybe 25% capacity.

100% capacity by NY though.
Can't see 100% by new year.

A lot depends on the changes made today re 1 metre distance with face masks etc have an impact on infection rates maybe is best can say at the moment with NY flu season i suspect 50% capacity by then

Heard on the radio the Sheep saying they could be allowed 7500 in by October. That would be a big crowd for them.
That would mean 15-20000 at Ibrox or the Piggery.

This Parkhead game is fast becoming the most boring topic on here apart from the MyGers stuff.

Firstly, if there is a desire to delay it until fans are back then the reason is purely to get the atmosphere/spectacle back. Us v them is literally the ONLY thing that football fans outwith Scotland have any interest in whatsoever. And the atmosphere is the main part of its appeal.

Secondly, it's been reported that Sky want it at the end of August, and that it will definitely be within the scheduled first round of fixtures.

And we'll find out on Monday. That's it. There's nothing to be getting raging about.

I don’t understand why they don’t just move the season to starting later.
You’d think that makes sense but my assumption is that Sky went easy in regards to a refund of tv money due for this season on the proviso that our season flows straight in from the end of the EPL season and they have some football to fill the pre season English period.

We put out a thing ourselves on 21st June mate saying we were hopeful of limited fans being allowed by mid August mate.

Depends how long Nippy wants to drag this out.
Covid cases/numbers are very low at the moment so are inevitably going to rise again as lockdown is lifted, we just need to wait and see how far they rise, but I can see her getting a bit twitchy in any case

He did say ‘pencil’ maybe but dont write over in pen.

Back