Football fans to return to stadiums next month

The positive results are due to more testing. The fact that more positive tests are being identified along side hospital admissions and deaths being down tells me we are over the worst.

I tried explaining the science of this to you yesterday but you’ve ignored it and continue to spread misinformation. We’re no way near at the point where we’d see a spike in deaths or even ICU admissions since lockdown easing started.

I think there is zero possibility of full stadiums by October. That would mean society was fully back to normal and that’s not going to happen anytime this year.

If all goes well down South, she can’t possibly say no to fans in stadiums, she basically follows suit with directives from down South, just with her own slant on it.

There will be no fans in stadiums if the clubs don’t control players. Football is unfairly getting the blame for behaving exactly as the rest of society but as usual it’s an easy target.

I tried explaining the science of this to you yesterday but you’ve ignored it and continue to spread misinformation. We’re no way near at the point where we’d see a spike in deaths or even ICU admissions since lockdown easing started.

It would be fair to say that other leading indicators such as GP/111 calls, hospital admissions and such like, would give some kind of early warning though - given pubs and restaurants have been open for a month indoors?

Forgive me, didn’t see your previous posts on this so you might have already covered it.

what are the logistics of letting fans in
who gets in, is it a ballot or by supporters bus or locality to stadium
i just dont think fans will be allowed in for the rest of this year

I don't think infections necessarily are increasing, we are just learning how to target testing better, besides, most infections being identified are mild or asymptomatic cases. If hospital admissions continue to decline which ultimately equals less deaths then there's no reason why we shouldn't get things back to normal slowly but surely.

I would not disagree with your assessment that testing is far better and that alot of infections are mild. However governments are taking strong action to these new outbreaks, they might be over-reacting but I cannot see large crowds being allowed at sporting/music events until govtsbelieve infection rates are back under control.

I can’t see a full Ibrox until next season.

Football Fans will be the last to go back.

Government loath football and those who attend.

Eh?

Live your life in fear if you want mate, I'll live mine in a world that is normal. All be it I have to wear a mask when shopping. The science IS it's not going away anytime soon so live with it. I've lost 6 pals over the lockdoon period through suicide. It's a virus we live with them everyday. Mental health and other long term health issues will long outweigh Covid19 and the repercussions from it will far outweigh the deaths from it. If you care to provide me with the science to disprove then please provide it and I'll happily get back in my box.

NHS and govt are briefing internally to prepare for more spikes with October flagged as the beginning of a possible crisis period.

Will be surprised if we open up stadiums around then. It's not just about what happens in the stadium, but the resulting demand and spread through local business and public transport is just as dangerous.

NHS and govt are briefing internally to prepare for more spikes with October flagged as the beginning of a possible crisis period.

Will be surprised if we open up stadiums around then. It's not just about what happens in the stadium, but the resulting demand and spread through local business and public transport is just as dangerous.
No there not. Again please provide evidence of said briefings.

Possibly not Scotland, but they are in parts of UK - for possible significant issues around October
Possible? That's not factual though is it. It's possible that the poets will have to recsinded the result against Killie. Unlikely but possible, so I get what your saying. But then again I'm guessing just the same as everyone else is.

Jason leitch, health guy for Scottish government, was on clyde the other night saying test events by end August, with limited attendance starting Sept 14th

Test events with limited attendance sounds perfectly achievable at places like Livingston, Hamilton, and to a fair extent just about every other club, as groups of family and/or mates who usually attend together can do so as normal but just space out more, but how do we work a limited attendance at Ibrox with so many ST holders?
Who goes and who misses out?
In the case of a supporters club travelling with a 50-odd seater, and only a quarter of the members are successful in a ballot, how do that reduced number finance a bus?
Similarly with guys who car-share to travel.
Mind you, the SNP will not overly concern themselves about events at Ibrox I suppose.

Test events with limited attendance sounds perfectly achievable at places like Livingston, Hamilton, and to a fair extent just about every other club, as groups of family and/or mates who usually attend together can do so as normal but just space out more, but how do we work a limited attendance at Ibrox with so many ST holders?
Who goes and who misses out?
In the case of a supporters club travelling with a 50-odd seater, and only a quarter of the members are successful in a ballot, how do that reduced number finance a bus?
Similarly with guys who car-share to travel.
Mind you, the SNP will not overly concern themselves about events at Ibrox I suppose.
For the club to decide how to manage a limited capacity, If a quarter capacity then everyone gets 1 game in 4. RSC members i guess will need to make their own way. It's no ideal but some fans in its better than none surely

So? Hospitalisations are declining and deaths are now a non issue.

Cases are increasing. It takes quite a while to die from this virus. Any deaths from today's cases will be in approx 3 months time. A lot of today's cases are among younger healthier people but the virus is spreading and I believe the decision to allow crowds will be changed. 4-6 weeks ago I thought we would have crowds by October. I doubt it now. Obviously hope I am wrong.

Cases are increasing. It takes quite a while to die from this virus. Any deaths from today's cases will be in approx 3 months time. A lot of today's cases are among younger healthier people but the virus is spreading and I believe the decision to allow crowds will be changed. 4-6 weeks ago I thought we would have crowds by October. I doubt it now. Obviously hope I am wrong.
Let's take Leicester as an example as they were the 1st region to enter into a localised lockdown. That was on 30th of June. That was a reactionary measure to an increase of infection. So 6 weeks ago and since that point there was no significant rise in hospitalisations. The 3 month thing can't be true btw - simply looking at the death curve we had in early April. Most people who get seriously ill from this require hospitalisation 7 to 11 days after onset of symptoms and either recover or sadly pass away in the next 2 to 3 weeks. I can understand the caution but we also need to be realistic and follow the data of hospital admissions and with that take steps to get things back to normal.

much as i am choking to get back to the fitba, I am very wary of crowds. Went out for dinner and it was mobbed , personally didn't feel comfortable

Let's take Leicester as an example as they were the 1st region to enter into a localised lockdown. That was on 30th of June. That was a reactionary measure to an increase of infection. So 6 weeks ago and since that point there was no significant rise in hospitalisations. The 3 month thing can't be true btw - simply looking at the death curve we had in early April. Most people who get seriously ill from this require hospitalisation 7 to 11 days after onset of symptoms and either recover or sadly pass away in the next 2 to 3 weeks. I can understand the caution but we also need to be realistic and follow the data of hospital admissions and with that take steps to get things back to normal.
Over 1500 infections during that period of which 7, yes seven, resulted in hospitalisation.

Over 1500 infections during that period of which 7, yes seven, resulted in hospitalisation.
Add to the fact that medical staff have learned a lot in such a short period of time on how best to treat Covid patients. Hopefully all 7 of those were treated and are now on the way to a full recovery.

Back