Football Focus - Mark Lawrenson

Become a parody of himself.

At the very beginning I seem to remember it being quite subtle with him and it was not a bad thing to have someone go against the grain and tell you a game was shite if it was shite.

Now he’s just a brutally miserable bastard who should never be employed to enhance enjoyment of the game.

I feel like the life is draining out of me when hes on tv.

The weird thing is about 15 years ago he was doing a sports man dinner my local club organised. He came and spent the day at our club talking to the lads doing a bit of coaching. I drove him to the dinner in the evening had a couple of pints with him beforehand and he was great company some excellent stories. Totally different to how he came across on tv

The kinda prick if you gave him a bar of gold,he’d moan it was too heavy.

A clapped out dog who’s back end went years ago.

Last edited:
Hes no even a good pundit they should put him on crossbar challenge using his sneering face as the crossbar with Albetz on shooting practice

McManaman, Owen, Keown are all brutal probably others too. Simply awful knowledge, insight and bias on all networks

He is a complete and total wanker. He made having the commentary on during the Spanish football when Sky had it impossible. Just constantly putting every one down and having a dig all the time. No need. Added to that he sounds like one of the most boring people in the planet - as in you'd contemplate topping yourself if you got stuck in his company.

How wanks like him make such good careers for themselves is beyond me.

Remember him doing one of the games at the last World Cup and he sounded as though he'd rather be at home looking out a window at the rain pouring down
Possibly the one where he continually slaughtered the young French right back Pavard. You know, the one who scored one of the goals of the tournament, and finished with a winners medal.

Always wondered why ex-Liverpool players seem to be disproportionately likely to be pundits. Maybe other clubs have just as many and I don’t notice it so much but Lawrenson, Hansen, Owen, Carragher, Murphy, Souness, Redknapp, McManaman come to mind - it’s like the media disproportion a certain club gets up here.

Possibly the one where he continually slaughtered the young French right back Pavard. You know, the one who scored one of the goals of the tournament, and finished with a winners medal.

Can't remember the game, but anyone who didn't play in the EPL was basically an irrelevance and really shouldn't have been allowed to spoil his afternoon.

There was a poster on here who claimed to have shagged Lawrenson's missus while doing a homer at their house. I always think about that whenever I see him on TV.

Is it just me (cue FFers going “aye it’s just you“), or does Garth Crooks now look like the criminal mastermind who got blown up like a balloon in Live And Let Die?
Aye it’s jus......

No it’s not, he does.

Huge football pedigree and intelligent charismatic guy who knows his stuff .
Just like me he,s getting on now but I wish him well.

There was a poster on here who claimed to have shagged Lawrenson's missus while doing a homer at their house. I always think about that whenever I see him on TV.
Whatever floats your boat I suppose.I think of Liz Hurley

Back