Football Manager 21

Am i the only one finding it ridiculously easy with Rangers in this version? Won the EL and the league at a canter without scum saving once! Quadruple in first season is unheard of for me lol.

In CL groups this season and so far beat Galatasary 5-1 away then OL 5-0 at home! Wtf haha

Am i the only one finding it ridiculously easy with Rangers in this version? Won the EL and the league at a canter without scum saving once! Quadruple in first season is unheard of for me lol.

In CL groups this season and so far beat Galatasary 5-1 away then OL 5-0 at home! Wtf haha
Started a new save. Sold Alfie to Newcastle for 21.5 million. Bought Pellegri from Monaco for 950k. Beat Spurs 4-0 in the EL 4th round with a Pellegri hat-trick before pumping Galatasary 4-1 in the first group game - Kent hat trick. Wolfsburger and Villareal. Got plenty in the bank to invest in the squad but have Ahmedhodzic from Malmo for 2.5m coming in in January with the hope I can move Balogun on.

It was very easy and I got bored in my previous save. Bought Ilaix Moriba in the second season for 9.5 million and he was a game changer. Need a late winner? - he'd smash one in. Assists - ridiculous. Averaged a goal a game from CM.

Started a new save. Sold Alfie to Newcastle for 21.5 million. Bought Pellegri from Monaco for 950k. Beat Spurs 4-0 in the EL 4th round with a Pellegri hat-trick before pumping Galatasary 4-1 in the first group game - Kent hat trick. Wolfsburger and Villareal. Got plenty in the bank to invest in the squad but have Ahmedhodzic from Malmo for 2.5m coming in in January with the hope I can move Balogun on.

It was very easy and I got bored in my previous save. Bought Ilaix Moriba in the second season for 9.5 million and he was a game changer. Need a late winner? - he'd smash one in. Assists - ridiculous. Averaged a goal a game from CM.
Its not just me then! Finding it so easy this year and the scum have spent a fortune!

Only player iv sold so far is Barisic to Leeds last day of second season summer window. Got a few like Goldson expecting to be sold if bids of £18+m come in though. Kamara was close to leaving for Newcastle but wouldnt agree terms with them after moaning for me to accept it! Haha.

I started a "Leicester" challenge where I let the engine run until the 22nd February and took over the team 22nd in the championship and I now have 8 seasons to win the Premier League.

I am now Barnsley. Kept them up at a canter, but have a whole new team and have been struggling to bring in good loans or decent staff.

Makes it a bit more exciting.

I was thinking of going a vanarama north or south team and try to get them as far as possible or see what jobs I can get til I either get the Rangers job or a big 6 club.

Yeah I found the league too easy and made the last 16 of the EL. Didn't sign anyone in the first two transfer windows either. As much as I love scooshing the league I lose interest quite quickly when it becomes too easy.
Started a journeyman save recently, I want to see if it is possible to manage in every country in the base game. Started off with no qualifications in the Canadian league and have now moved onto the Mexican league. Will do MLS, then the South American leagues before moving to Asia, Australia, Africa etc. Not sure if I'll get through them all but will keep the game interesting!

Also find the first season very easy at rangers,bit more tricky 2nd season as most of the key players want to leave for a Premier league team, tried a save with hearts and also found it very easy due to the loan players you can get 1st season and keep, so once you get promoted you're already challenging for top 3, got a save with Danish team fc nordjealland who have one of the best youth academies in the world and are a feeder club to man city some great young players there.

Also find the first season very easy at rangers,bit more tricky 2nd season as most of the key players want to leave for a Premier league team, tried a save with hearts and also found it very easy due to the loan players you can get 1st season and keep, so once you get promoted you're already challenging for top 3, got a save with Danish team fc nordjealland who have one of the best youth academies in the world and are a feeder club to man city some great young players there.

The drop off in performances between season 1 and season 2 if you're at a big club is massive.

The drop off in performances between season 1 and season 2 if you're at a big club is massive.
Have found that as well, going unbeaten in a season winning games convincingly to then losing your first game 1-0 at home 2nd season to average teams

Second season been just as easy so far! Got into the groups of CL without qualifiers for some reason and won 2 out of 2 so far. Inter next game though so that might be a bit trickier!

A proper bastard trying to sign young foreign players though. Most the ones iv wanted apparently dont meet the criteria for getting a work permit which is frustrating.

Started a journeyman save recently, I want to see if it is possible to manage in every country in the base game. Started off with no qualifications in the Canadian league and have now moved onto the Mexican league. Will do MLS, then the South American leagues before moving to Asia, Australia, Africa etc. Not sure if I'll get through them all but will keep the game interesting!
Looks like Ange's career.

A proper bastard trying to sign young foreign players though. Most the ones iv wanted apparently dont meet the criteria for getting a work permit which is frustrating.
If they're good enough, try and loan them to France/Spain/Germany. A season there and reapply for the WP. AS they're now coming from a top league then it's easier to get.

The third season is the worst season with the World Cup. I lost the league that year after winning the first two. I’ve won the next 9 in a row, plus 3 CL, an El, 3 Super Cups and a Club World Cup.

I have been playing as St Albans. Really tough. The players at that level are so bad. Only good thing is it’s easy to sign equally as bad players.

I've just started a new career mode as Rangers but I'm finding it much more difficult to sell any of our players than it was when I initially downloaded it. Is this something they can modify in the updates to reduce the volume of transfers in line with real life or am I overthinking it?

I love FM and do a similar save ever year which I find to be a challenging one. I basically go a bottom tier team in England and aim to win the CL. I am currently Billericay and I'm up at the Championship so far. On my way and Rangers players or staff I can get I sign.

I'm currently trying to win the CL with Linfield. First season knocked out of everything. Second season finished 3rd in the CL group and lost in the last 16 of the Europa League 1-0 to Sevilla. Current season I've one CL group game left at home to Dortmund. As long as Zenit don't beat Liverpool I'll be back in the EL.

Signed Tony Weston on loan from Rangers and he scored 50 goals for me in his first season, I've him back for this season. I've tried to buy him but he won't even consider joining us on a transfer.

Lawwell must've gotten some kind of UEFA job here:

4EXywbU.png

First European knockout round then second - no idea why there's 2 games in 2 day in the first season.

Don't think so as its 2 different stores. So I'd imagine you would have to buy it twice. If your ipads is good enough you could get FM21 touch which is larger and more indepth.
Was going to ask about this. Is touch or mobile the best choice? Not keen on either tbh as they have in app purchases as well as making you pay which is just plain rude imo.

I've just started a new career mode as Rangers but I'm finding it much more difficult to sell any of our players than it was when I initially downloaded it. Is this something they can modify in the updates to reduce the volume of transfers in line with real life or am I overthinking it?
Maybe a silly solution if you've not tried it, but i always found instead of just offering the player to clubs, when actually transfer listing the player, putting them say in the reserves and the squad requirement to not needed generally helps, you'll probably get bids less than the value but it just increases the chance of bids, if not try loan deals with a required fee, don't tend to have to sell a lot of players in 1st season with rangers mind you just the tertiary players who aren't required, should be able to win the league fairly comfortably with the current squad.

Sorry for a question about the new one, will I need a cracker or a laptop to run it? I have a Dell that’s a couple of years old. It runs most things fine including old versions (not last season, didn’t buy it). I was once told they FM runs ok on most laptops as it was mainly letter and word based, but now with all the new graphics I’m not sure that’s the case. Will I need to buy a new laptop do you reckon?

Sorry for a question about the new one, will I need a cracker or a laptop to run it? I have a Dell that’s a couple of years old. It runs most things fine including old versions (not last season, didn’t buy it). I was once told they FM runs ok on most laptops as it was mainly letter and word based, but now with all the new graphics I’m not sure that’s the case. Will I need to buy a new laptop do you reckon?

Probably will be fine if you just use 2D pitch view. I always watch it on that anyway.

Processing power is the main thing for these games. It’s the difference between being able to load 2 leagues or 12

Back