Football Manager 21

CF3Loyal

I have just started my first game of FM in years, and have ofcourse gone Rangers.

I’m wanting to see what everyone else has done on FM21 with Rangers:

* who did you buy?
* who did you sell?
* what tactics have you gone with?
* what is your starting 11?

Cheers, Dougie

after buying it earlier i used the beta version, won the league twice, in 3rd season and my team is very changed, Coman at lw, Nunez up front as a pressing fwd, Hagi as a no10, Anelhodzic from malmo is a must signing, DC,
Bjorkan at left back and Jens Petter Hauge as a lw too.
Only Kent, Jack and Tav are ones that remain..
brought in some amount of money for my players.
ps, manuel ugarte mid cen is a must on a free too.

I'm assuming if I buy this on the iPad I can't play it on my android phone as well? Get a right bit of free time at work and would be good to resume where I left off, prefer it on the iPad at home though.

What’s the Rangers youth team like when you start? I use FM for data to build mods for PES.

Seen they had a discount on steam for fm 2021 pc might need to get it 2020 was good

I have just started my first game of FM in years, and have ofcourse gone Rangers.

I’m wanting to see what everyone else has done on FM21 with Rangers:

* who did you buy?
* who did you sell?
* what tactics have you gone with?
* what is your starting 11?

Cheers, Dougie
I started as rangers as well, I bought it on the 10th which was the beta version, ihattaren from psv on the right wing scored 26 goals for me, hiroki abe from Barcelona was a backup to kent but also scored 15 goals both decent investments, highly recommend keeping edmunsson but he turns out class as well, lovro majer if you've got the money can become good in a cam role as well from dinamo zagreb.

Bit of advice please.. I was planning on getting FM for the first time. I don't have a PC or Mac only a tablet. Does downloading the game slow-down the processing of the tablet?
I remember years ago playing it on a PC and the PC was noticeably slower after loading the game.

I'm assuming if I buy this on the iPad I can't play it on my android phone as well? Get a right bit of free time at work and would be good to resume where I left off, prefer it on the iPad at home though.
Don't think so as its 2 different stores. So I'd imagine you would have to buy it twice. If your ipads is good enough you could get FM21 touch which is larger and more indepth.

Going to wait a while until the patches come out as lots of complaints the beta was ridiculously easy.

Also hope they have worked on overpowered formations. In FM20 a 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-3-1 were impossible not to succeed with.

I've started with Rangers as well, and as usual I always try sell a few players and get a bit of a budget.

Out went: Filip Helander (£6m West Ham), Jordan Jones (£1.1m Boro), Glen Kamara (£5.75m Huesca), Greg Stewart (£350k QPR), Brandon Barker (£1m Swansea). Nathan Patterson and Calvin Bassey sent out on loan as well.

In came: Jack Wilshere (Free), Daniel Sturridge (free), Eric Garcia (Loan, Man City), Ethan Laird (loan, Man Utd), Lovro Majer (£2.5m plus add ons that could go to £10m, Dinamo Zagreb), Lewis Ferguson (£1m with add-ons up to £2m, Aberdeen), Inigo Cordoba (loan, Athletic Club), Liam Millar (£250k, Liverpool), Facundo Pallistri (loan, Man Utd) and then a few more young players to develop and have around the squad.

The team I normally play is a 4-2-3-1 with McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Garcia, Barisic, Jack, Aribo, Hagi, Majer, Kent, Morelos
Subs: McLaughlin, Balogun, Laird, Wilshere, Ferguson, Davis, Cordoba, Sturridge, Millar

Sitting top after seven or eight games and yet to drop points. Enjoying it this year.

Got the Beta when it was released. Finished 2 seasons so far, league is an absolute stroll. 2nd season I won the league by 25 points. Sold Morelos for £40 million to Dortmund at the end of the first season. Ended up in the same Champions League group as them and he scored 5 in 2 games against me and is currently valued at £65 million.

Biggest signing was Alphonso Davies from Bayern for £20 million. Only issue I'm having is a lot of players complain.

after buying it earlier i used the beta version, won the league twice, in 3rd season and my team is very changed, Coman at lw, Nunez up front as a pressing fwd, Hagi as a no10, Anelhodzic from malmo is a must signing, DC,
I’ve just turned it back on for the night and I’m now scouting the boys you’ve mentioned, apart from Bjorkan - I can’t find him. Do you know who he plays for?

Theres a thread on the go in the lounge for it since the beta was released but ill repost here what i said there:

1st season completed. Unbeaten in all competitions, 33 wins and 5 draws in the league, won the SC and SLC at a canter, and won the UEL, knocking out Spurs, Milan, Juve and Sevilla along the way among others.

Morelos had 56 goals and assists in 56 games, Tavernier had 29 goals and assists in 57 games, Kent had 45 goals and assists in 53 games, Hagi had 32 goals and assists in 52 games.

Board took the decision to sell Barisic for £22 million to Man Utd in January on deadline day, was raging. Also sold George Edmundson for £6 mill to Newcastle and sold Stewart and Barker for about £500k each. Permanent incomings are: Nahuel Tenaglia a 23 y/o Argentinian defender for £3.4 mill from Club Atletico Talleres, Hanno Behrens a 30 y/o German midfielder for £800k from Nurnberg, Alejandro Romero Gamarra a 25 y/o Paraguayan attacking midfielder for £675k from NY Red Bulls, Francisco Gonzalez a 19 y/o Argentinian attacking midfielder for £1.1 mill from Newells Old Boys and Santiago Gimenez a 19 y/o Argentinian striker for £2.1 mill from Cruz Azul.

Started my second season now and already lost my unbeaten record to Liverpool in the Super Cup at Windsor Park, but comfortably won my league and cup games so far.

As for second season transfers, let Davis and Defoe leave on frees, sold Aribo to Wolves for £25 million and looking to offload Jones and Goldson for a combined £30 million. Signings: Riechedly Bazoer a 24 y/o Dutch midfielder from Vitesse for £4 mill, Fredrik Andre Bjorkan a 22 y/o Norwegian left back for £3.3 mill from Bodo/Glimt, Deinner Quinones a 26 y/o Colombian attacking midfielder for £825k from Atletico Nacional, Luis Abram a 25 y/o Peruvian defender on a pre contract from Velez, Jarlan Barrera a 25 y/o Colombian attacking midfielder for £1.5 mill from Atletico Nacional, Mohamed Fares a 25 y/o Algerian fullback for £4.4 mill from Lazio, Mahmoud Dahoud a 25 y/o German midfielder for £8 mill from Dortmund, Matko Miljevic a 20 y/o American midfielder on a pre contract from Argentinos, Lucas Necul a 21 y/o Argentinian attacking midfielder on a pre contract from Arsenal Sarandi, Griffin Yow an 18 y/o American midfielder for £1.3 mill from DC United

I have 3 tactics which I change about depending on how games are going or what teams im playing, 4-2-3-1 wide attacking gegenpress, 4-3-3 DM Wide positive Tiki Taka and 3-5-1-1 Defensive Catenaccio.

Got rid of any rubbish staff early doors, expanded my staff departments and now have the best rated staff in every category for the SPFL, 13 scouts each scouting a region for young players with potential and 2 scouts scouting Europe and South America for first team ready players.

First season was a cakewalk. Main signings were Cicaldau and Skov Olsen plus Mochrie for the future. Main signings for season 2 was Muric and Lundstram on frees plus St Juste, Botman and Mir.

Theres a thread on the go in the lounge for it since the beta was released but ill repost here what i said there:

1st season completed. Unbeaten in all competitions, 33 wins and 5 draws in the league, won the SC and SLC at a canter, and won the UEL, knocking out Spurs, Milan, Juve and Sevilla along the way among others.

Morelos had 56 goals and assists in 56 games, Tavernier had 29 goals and assists in 57 games, Kent had 45 goals and assists in 53 games, Hagi had 32 goals and assists in 52 games.

Board took the decision to sell Barisic for £22 million to Man Utd in January on deadline day, was raging. Also sold George Edmundson for £6 mill to Newcastle and sold Stewart and Barker for about £500k each. Permanent incomings are: Nahuel Tenaglia a 23 y/o Argentinian defender for £3.4 mill from Club Atletico Talleres, Hanno Behrens a 30 y/o German midfielder for £800k from Nurnberg, Alejandro Romero Gamarra a 25 y/o Paraguayan attacking midfielder for £675k from NY Red Bulls, Francisco Gonzalez a 19 y/o Argentinian attacking midfielder for £1.1 mill from Newells Old Boys and Santiago Gimenez a 19 y/o Argentinian striker for £2.1 mill from Cruz Azul.

Started my second season now and already lost my unbeaten record to Liverpool in the Super Cup at Windsor Park, but comfortably won my league and cup games so far.

As for second season transfers, let Davis and Defoe leave on frees, sold Aribo to Wolves for £25 million and looking to offload Jones and Goldson for a combined £30 million. Signings: Riechedly Bazoer a 24 y/o Dutch midfielder from Vitesse for £4 mill, Fredrik Andre Bjorkan a 22 y/o Norwegian left back for £3.3 mill from Bodo/Glimt, Deinner Quinones a 26 y/o Colombian attacking midfielder for £825k from Atletico Nacional, Luis Abram a 25 y/o Peruvian defender on a pre contract from Velez, Jarlan Barrera a 25 y/o Colombian attacking midfielder for £1.5 mill from Atletico Nacional, Mohamed Fares a 25 y/o Algerian fullback for £4.4 mill from Lazio, Mahmoud Dahoud a 25 y/o German midfielder for £8 mill from Dortmund, Matko Miljevic a 20 y/o American midfielder on a pre contract from Argentinos, Lucas Necul a 21 y/o Argentinian attacking midfielder on a pre contract from Arsenal Sarandi, Griffin Yow an 18 y/o American midfielder for £1.3 mill from DC United

I have 3 tactics which I change about depending on how games are going or what teams im playing, 4-2-3-1 wide attacking gegenpress, 4-3-3 DM Wide positive Tiki Taka and 3-5-1-1 Defensive Catenaccio.

Got rid of any rubbish staff early doors, expanded my staff departments and now have the best rated staff in every category for the SPFL, 13 scouts each scouting a region for young players with potential and 2 scouts scouting Europe and South America for first team ready players.
How you manage to sign all them, every player I try to sign fails to get a work permit after brexit, 10k to appeal always lose appeal

How you manage to sign all them, every player I try to sign fails to get a work permit after brexit, 10k to appeal always lose appeal
Honestly not sure, it comes up at the bottom of my screen when i go to make an offer if my scouts think they wont get a work permit, so i dont bother even bidding - or if i do (which i have done for the younger ones) i punt them off on loan to Europe so they can get the necessary points for a WP

I’ve bought the mobile version and I’ve not played any games yet.

I’m looking at selling Alfie and possibly Barisic to raise funds but it depends on what formation I’m going to use.

Don't think so as its 2 different stores. So I'd imagine you would have to buy it twice. If your ipads is good enough you could get FM21 touch which is larger and more indepth.
I have FM2020 Mobile, is the Touch version notably better?

I bought the touch version for the tablet. This is the first time i've ever played it.
Is it possible to speed up the games? It takes about 15 minutes for each game to be played.
Took me about an hour and a half to get through pre-season last night!

Been playing as Everton for the past 3 weeks but always have a Rangers save and the last two versions of the game my first purchase has been Lewis Ferguson very consistent and improves dramatically as the season goes on not sure what he’s like this year though.

I have an iPad Air 2 - I’m guessing it should be ok, but I’ll check before I download. Is it available now?
I would imagine it would have been released whenever FM21 was released. Its basically a version for lower spec laptops and tablets to play. Not as limited as mobile.

I've started with Rangers as well, and as usual I always try sell a few players and get a bit of a budget.

Out went: Filip Helander (£6m West Ham), Jordan Jones (£1.1m Boro), Glen Kamara (£5.75m Huesca), Greg Stewart (£350k QPR), Brandon Barker (£1m Swansea). Nathan Patterson and Calvin Bassey sent out on loan as well.

In came: Jack Wilshere (Free), Daniel Sturridge (free), Eric Garcia (Loan, Man City), Ethan Laird (loan, Man Utd), Lovro Majer (£2.5m plus add ons that could go to £10m, Dinamo Zagreb), Lewis Ferguson (£1m with add-ons up to £2m, Aberdeen), Inigo Cordoba (loan, Athletic Club), Liam Millar (£250k, Liverpool), Facundo Pallistri (loan, Man Utd) and then a few more young players to develop and have around the squad.

The team I normally play is a 4-2-3-1 with McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Garcia, Barisic, Jack, Aribo, Hagi, Majer, Kent, Morelos
Subs: McLaughlin, Balogun, Laird, Wilshere, Ferguson, Davis, Cordoba, Sturridge, Millar

Sitting top after seven or eight games and yet to drop points. Enjoying it this year.
How can you afford wilshire wage he wanted £100g a week and most I could go to was £30g.
Mine is the mobile iPad version

What's everyone's opinions? Enough of an improvement over fm20 to jusify buying? I don't means 'are rangers good in it' more is the actual game /match engine etc improved. Cheers

I cannot get Kent to perform, what position are you playing him?
Inside forward duty (support) - with some custom instructions. Sit narrower & roam from position, same on the right hand side as that’s how we’re playing right now.

Is it football manager 2021 mobile for iPad ? Or is there an iPad version coming
Mobile works on the iPad. I have FM20 mobile on mine, but I’m thinking of waiting until the Touch version is released - the website says 1st December

First year ever I've skipped a new year, I'll hold off until it's half price. FM19 wasnt as good as FM18, FM20 wasnt as good as FM19, so time for a break for me.

Plus I've spent my allowance on Watch Dogs Legion.

What's everyone's opinions? Enough of an improvement over fm20 to jusify buying? I don't means 'are Rangers good in it' more is the actual game /match engine etc improved. Cheers

Game is comfortably better than FM20 so far, imo. Match engine is much better.

think I’m like 10 games into my third season, teams changed so much, think I only have a few players left from the current team, players are selling for decent enough money, got 35mil for hagi off Dortmund. Obscene amount of players go free, just got osumane dembele for free after Barca let him go at the end of contract.

I think the update has changed a few things as Ugarte is not available on a free.

About a quarter way through my first season.

Not made major changes to the team, 4-2-3-1 with the two wide players as IF ATT. Kent is dynamite, brought in Skov Olsen for the AMR position and his goal scoring and assist stats are pretty good looking.

Managed to get Talles Magno on a loan with a 10 million option to buy. Kents being trailed by some English teams so I have Magno for back up should Kent get punted.

Ryan Jack as a BTB SUP has been brilliant, hes chipping in with a few goals.

Currently scouting the Dutch leagues and there is some interesting prospects, for a couple of seasons down the line, at much cheapness.

Back