Football players who are rangers fans.

I’d hate to be a pro footballer and have to play against Rangers. I’d obviously be professional for my employers and team mates sake, but if i scored, i could never celebrate.

Murray is 100% a bear, I’ve known him since he was about 5 years old.
My son was at one of the football holiday camps at St Johnstone a couple of years ago. And he got to meet some players and asked who they supported him and Steven MacLean both said they were bears.

My son was at one of the football holiday camps at St Johnstone a couple of years ago. And he got to meet some players and asked who they supported him and Steven MacLean both said they were bears.
They both are indeed. My Dad’s family come from Innerleithen where Murray is from and my uncle ran the local team which Murray played for. My uncle was also in the same class as MacLeans Dad at Peebles High School back in the day, also bears.

Wasn't Bucky a Rangers youth player?

At one point when he was with Dumbarton, the majority of the dressing room plus Stevie Aitken were all Rangers fans.
Nah mate he played with rangers youth at 14/15 with joe beg but then didn’t make it. Was at airdrie for a bit

Here we go!

These threads always end up this way :))

For the record, ShotaShuffle is correct...Liam Kelly is 100% a Rangers fan & always has been.

The name (understandably) makes people jump to conclusions.
You wont see me judging players on their names when we have a Docherty who can play for the ROI and is as staunch as they come :D

Prepared to be told I'm talking nonsense but I mind being at some house party in Ayr a few years back and got chatting to a guy who said he was in Alan Forrest's class at school. Swore that both him and his brother nae neck senior were both Rangers fans growing up. Could have been utter pish but he seemed convinced.

Here we go!

These threads always end up this way :))

For the record, ShotaShuffle is correct...Liam Kelly is 100% a Rangers fan & always has been.

The name (understandably) makes people jump to conclusions.

People pass comment based on a presumption i.e “Ive heard” or “apparently”

Others know for a fact

You wont see me judging players on their names when we have a Docherty who can play for the ROI and is as staunch as they come :D
Names now mean nothing.
Surnames stopped meaning anything coming through the sixties into the seventies and eighties, although you could always get an indicator from a first name, now even they indicate little.
I suppose this should mean progress as a society. o_O

Names now mean nothing.
Surnames stopped meaning anything coming through the sixties into the seventies and eighties, although you could always get an indicator from a first name, now even they indicate little.
I suppose this should mean progress as a society. o_O

Hahahahahahahaha,have you forgotten our wee soiree in that pubin Piccadilly where that couple (especially her,torn faced cow) got the mega hump wi you about names,lol.

What about former players who are supporters, not just fans? I will start with Dave Smith. ST in the Govan rear, away games when he gets a ticket and euro aways when finances allow.

Take a bow David Bruce Smith, 75 years young and a proper bluenose.

Halliday
Kenny McLean
Fraser Aird
James McArthur
Paul Paton
Harry Cochrane
Barry Douglas
Johnny Evans
Craig Halkett
McBurnie
Paddy McNair
Zander Clark
Steven Maclean
Murray Davidson(According to my son)

Many more I’d imagine but feel free to correct me if any of them are wrong.
I'll back you up on Murray Davidson. The laddies football team I ran played his team (Hibs) in a Cup Final and I made a programme up for it. I got the Hibs coach to send me wee snippets about each player and Murray Davidson stated he was a Rangers fan, and there were others in the Hibs team. BTW the basturts beat us 4-2.

Prepared to be told I'm talking nonsense but I mind being at some house party in Ayr a few years back and got chatting to a guy who said he was in Alan Forrest's class at school. Swore that both him and his brother nae neck senior were both Rangers fans growing up. Could have been utter pish but he seemed convinced.

Definitely true that Alan was and still is a Rangers fan, not sure about James though (for obvious reasons).

I’d disagree, not that I think they have more, but I feel like I always meet mhanks and don’t come across bears anywhere near as often. Maybe I’m just unlucky though

Suggest u get out of the Garngad more often. And mentally challengeds always declare such a fact to all and sundry within minutes of meeting a new person even when, as is usually the case, it is not applicable to the conversation.

James Forrest

I honestly don’t understand why people keep saying that James Forrest and Callum McGregor are Rangers fans - they’ve been with them since they were about 8 years old. It’s bizarre!

They didn’t have to go there!

They are hardly fans!

Charlie Nicholas??

Well, whilst not playing these days, or indeed breathing, I am assured that Karol Wojtyta was a big admirer of Jerry Dawson.

Such an admirer, he got a ball Jerry once saved, cut it in half and used half a ba’ to hide his baldy heid.

That’s a more likely tale than Charlie fcuking Nicholas being a bluenose!

Del Hepburn, ex Pollok hero and now unfortunately Clydebank I think. His Rugby Park celebrations this season in the away end was an internet sensation :D

I’d disagree, not that I think they have more, but I feel like I always meet mhanks and don’t come across bears anywhere near as often. Maybe I’m just unlucky though
Maybe because they wear their mhanky tops to weddings, funerals, the Bru, court and just about anywhere else you care to mention.

Back