For clarification. Does the title winner go straight to the CL groups?

I believe it is this year, that was all the discussions at the time of the Europa qualifiers and the benefits of us defeating Galatasary

I believe Steven Gerrard will manage Rangers in the Champions League Group stages in the next couple of years. I think its written in the stars for him and us.

Imagine we where in a group with Liverpool. How much of an achievement would that be for the Gaffer. Getting to test himself against the best team in Europe with one if the best managers in the World in charge of them.

Winner of the league enters at the Third Qualifying round so would have 2 qualifiers to get through to make the Group stage.

If us and the Scum have another good year in Europe then there is a possibility of moving into the top 10 and getting an automatic CL place for winners of 21/22 season. Even 11th should be enough as winners of the UCL usually qualify automatically through their league position.

I believe it is this year, that was all the discussions at the time of the Europa qualifiers and the benefits of us defeating Galatasary
It's not. We'd have 2 teams to beat to qualify.i don't think it's even a definite yet that a Scottish team is going to go straight in to the groups

Winner of the league enters at the Third Qualifying round so would have 2 qualifiers to get through to make the Group stage.

If us and the Scum have another good year in Europe then there is a possibility of moving into the top 10 and getting an automatic CL place for winners of 21/22 season. Even 11th should be enough as winners of the UCL usually qualify automatically through their league position.

So all down to us then.

We’re currently 13th and still with 2 clubs in.

edit, the teams directly above do have more teams still involved than us though. :(

Scotland gets 2 CL places for 2021/22, based on our country ranking at the end of season 2019/20 (14th). If we can get up to 11th this season then one of those 2 places would be automatic group stage entry for the 2022/23 season, unless the CL winner doesn’t qualify through their league placing, in which case we would have to be top 10.

We’re currently 13th and still with 2 clubs in.

edit, the teams directly above do have more teams still involved than us though. :(
They've all got a shed load of points dropping off next year though and we've very little. I'm sure Bert Kassies site has us potentially 8th due to it. I think that follows a year like last season though.

@rangeral

If we assume next season is the same as this season and we are 14th - https://kassiesa.net/uefa/AccessList2020.html

Does that mean league winners have 1 qualifier to play?
@EndOfDays
2 qualifying rounds via the Champions route - QR3 and Play-off

Runners-up have 3 via Non Champions route - QR2, QR3 and Play-off

Sorry didn't click the link

Because the Title Holder have also qualified via their League then the access changed as posted then yes we would move up a round to the Play-off round so yes only 1 qualifier to play

Last edited:
So what I'm taking from above is that if we win the league then we'll just have one play-off to qualify via the Champions route.
I could be wrong though. :))

Back