For the Love of Football

Robert Marshall

Our Club was formed by four young lads based on 'For the love of Football'
One hundred and forty seven years later, it should still be the same sentiment. We live in an age where everything is highlighted and dissected until, it is quite frankly, boring.

We have fans, some of them married to RC's that want to add FB / FTP / IRA to practically every song that is thought up.
These fans have ruined near enough every anthem our support have came up with.

Our songbook is different class and we should be promoting everything that is good about our Club

It is now time for The Club to take the Moral high ground and bring these fans to respect what the Club want.
We should be wanting a modern football Club that embraces everyone and as such, make as much money as we can commercially, to do this we must be seen as acting in a professional and inclusive manner as possible.

Anyone who knows me, know what i think of that rancid Club from the east end, but we are better than that and we should be proving it everyday. But I am only interested in Rangers and how we as a support can show the world that we are a proper modern Club.

Rangers are the envy of the football world with the loyalty our fans have shown.

Before anyone jumps in and says ' what about Blah Blah Blah', We have no right to pull them up about the IRA ? PLO or any other stupid cause they want to promote, until we sort ourselves out.

Just to be clear, we should remind the world about their heinous crimes against children until that issue has been settled.
That is about common decency and every person,football fan or not, should be wanting justice for these kids and their families.

We will not take any moral lessons off these people, but until we sort out our own issues, they will promote it as 'whataboutry'

These are all my own views and only influenced by my upbringing.

#oneloveoneclubonerangers

Last edited:
Our sing book has been well toned down over the years ,theirs hasn't in fact up until not that long ago we got the usual line from them it was only at away games they don't even have that pretence now.I think we have every right to point out the double standards when it comes to their song books,but I do agree with you we don't need some of the songs now we have moved on .The only thing is they will find something else to accuse us of which is the problem they don't and shouldn't have any monopoly on what and is not offensive but them and the complient media say otherwise the Clarke and Boyd incidents prove that.

Our sing book has been well toned down over the years ,theirs hasn't in fact up until not that long ago we got the usual line from them it was only at away games they don't even have that pretence now.I think we have every right to point out the double standards when it comes to their song books,but I do agree with you we don't need some of the songs now we have moved on .The only thing is they will find something else to accuse us of which is the problem they don't and shouldn't have any monopoly on what and is not offensive but them and the complient media say otherwise the Clarke and Boyd incidents prove that.
That's why we should clean up our act and go after them.

Do you agree, we should take the lead as a Club and support and wipe this stuff from our songbook ?

Yes, it would be ideal if it could be wiped from the songbook completely. IMO the club have taken great strides in the last couple of decades to do this and have made good progress. You'll still get the minority popping up now and again but it can't be denied the club has made progress.

Apologies if I'm wrong but your post seemed to suggest we are not a modern club, which I definitely disagree with.

Our Club was formed by four young lads based on 'For the love of Football'
One hundred and thirty seven years later, it should still be the same sentiment. We live in an age where everything is highlighted and dissected until, it is quite frankly, boring.

We have fans, some of them married to RC's that want to add FB / FTP / IRA to practically every song that is thought up.
These fans have ruined near enough every anthem our support have came up with.

Our songbook is different class and we should be promoting everything that is good about our Club

It is now time for The Club to take the Moral high ground and bring these fans to respect what the Club want.
We should be wanting a modern football Club that embraces everyone and as such, make as much money as we can commercially, to do this we must be seen as acting in a professional and inclusive manner as possible.

Anyone who knows me, know what i think of that rancid Club from the east end, but we are better than that and we should be proving it everyday. But I am only interested in Rangers and how we as a support can show the world that we are a proper modern Club.

Rangers are the envy of the football world with the loyalty our fans have shown.

Before anyone jumps in and says ' what about Blah Blah Blah', We have no right to pull them up about the IRA ? PLO or any other stupid cause they want to promote, until we sort ourselves out.

Just to be clear, we should remind the world about their heinous crimes against children until that issue has been settled.
That is about common decency and every person,football fan or not, should be wanting justice for these kids and their families.

We will not take any moral lessons off these people, but until we sort out our own issues, they will promote it as 'whataboutry'

These are all my own views and only influenced by my upbringing.

#oneloveoneclubonerangers
The best way to attack them is to use the paedophile. They have no answer to it.

This properly raised its head back when the BB got banned and I genuinely feel that the majority of fans back then took on board what was happening.

The singing of the BB and the use of the add on's at many of our games reduced massively and I feel we were heading in the right direction.

The problem was that it didn't appear to be a level playing field and fans grew frustrated that others could just sing what they want without any comeback whilst we continued to be targeted. From here, rather than continuing in the right direction, we went back to singing the same old songs with the same add ons. People in glass houses and all that....we can only point fingers when we clean up our own songbook.

Yes it does, how can anyone come after us for singing Blue Sea Of Ibrox etc

Only on the basis of it being a bloody terrible song :cool:

I do agree with you though . I’m 45 and I’ve heard this levelled at our club my whole life .

I’m sick to death of it and for the sake of a brighter future where we can sing about our history and Rangers , we do need to go nuclear and ban any shite about the pope, 19th Century Terrorists, IRA and any other religious guff that in the real world nobody cares about anyway .

The time has come in fact it’s long overdue .

These hypocritical scumbags at other clubs should then have EVERY example of hate speech , chants , anything at all, highlighted relentlessly by us until they are dealt with .

Being on the defensive our whole lives just isn’t working.

Yes, it would be ideal if it could be wiped from the songbook completely. IMO the club have taken great strides in the last couple of decades to do this and have made good progress. You'll still get the minority popping up now and again but it can't be denied the club has made progress.

Apologies if I'm wrong but your post seemed to suggest we are not a modern club, which I definitely disagree with.
Should have made it clearer, As a Club we have transforned but still some people refuse to help the Club by cutting out this nonsense.

Admin - you could help with the problem within our support.

You are giving people a platform whereby they can spread their hate (I read comments on here earlier about hating catholics - it’s 2019 FFS), where they can defend their actions despite the widespread damage it does to our club.

As Robert said, we should forget what “that lot” are doing and never use their behaviour as the benchmark for ours.

What would Mr Struth say about these chants, given the constant harm and negative publicity they bring?

That's why we should clean up our act and go after them.
The Club you mean just look at all those putting the boot into us yesterday because some young lads called Clarke a FB ,that mob are out of control and yet one is batting an eyelid at them least of all their Club so how do we go after them and who ?

Those that are not regulars don't though.
I am in full agreement with you but it won't stop some singing the add ons.

I'm not in the pub all that often, but any time I have been in and anything dodgy is being sung the music was turned off and they were asked to stop.

I think the main issue with this is that the atmosphere will suffer in the short term whether we want to admit it or not. The best atmosphere in Ibrox over the years is when some of the songs we are not supposed to sing are sung. Youll get the staunch as %^*& brigade moaning about no one singing FTP etc. Im all for it but everyone needs to be onboard for it to work without effecting the atmosphere.

PS Robert. it was probs a good idea telling the bar staff not to serve me anymore alcohol and sending me out the smoke area for a pie on Saturday morning ,would never have made kickoff haha. Thanks

The Club you mean just look at all those putting the boot into us yesterday because some young lads called Clarke a FB ,that mob are out of control and yet one is batting an eyelid at them least of all their Club so how do we go after them and who ?
If we clean our act up, we can go after celtic fans for a number of things but until then it is just seen as point scoring.

I think the main issue with this is that the atmosphere will suffer in the short term whether we want to admit it or not. The best atmosphere in Ibrox over the years is when some of the songs we are not supposed to sing are sung. Youll get the staunch as %^*& brigade moaning about no one singing FTP etc. Im all for it but everyone needs to be onboard for it to work without effecting the atmosphere.

PS Robert. it was probs a good idea telling the bar staff not to serve me anymore alcohol and sending me out the smoke area for a pie on Saturday morning ,would never have made kickoff haha. Thanks
I would like to see Rangers offer our fans a safe standing area with the proviso that anyone breaching the rules would be evicted from that area. I'm sure 99% of our fans would agree to that
PS I hated the thought of you coming all this way and not get into games.
I get abuse all the time for trying to help people lol

I would like to see Rangers offer our fans a safe standing area with the proviso that anyone breaching the rules would be evicted from that area. I'm sure 99% of our fans would agree to that
PS I hated the thought of you coming all this way and not get into games.
I get abuse all the time for trying to help people lol

Safe standing area with that proviso would be a good idea.

If we clean our act up, we can go after celtic fans for a number of things but until then it is just seen as point scoring.
We don't have anyone to go after them they are up to their necks in it with the Boys Club scandal but you wouldn't know given the complete lack of any report about them and how they are refusing to take ownership of the cover up,we still get more negative press regarding our Tax issues etc.

Admin - you could help with the problem within our support.

You are giving people a platform whereby they can spread their hate (I read comments on here earlier about hating catholics - it’s 2019 FFS), where they can defend their actions despite the widespread damage it does to our club.

As Robert said, we should forget what “that lot” are doing and never use their behaviour as the benchmark for ours.

What would Mr Struth say about these chants, given the constant harm and negative publicity they bring?
what would he say?

We don't have anyone to go after them they are up to their necks in it with the Boys Club scandal but you wouldn't know given the complete lack of any report about them and how they are refusing to take ownership of the cover up,we still get more negative press regarding our Tax issues etc.
Tick tock, they are right about one thing, their day is coming

I’ve been supporting Rangers for fifty years now and I have to say Clarke is a complete twat and I’m not taking any moral lessons from him that said I agree with you Rab we’ve plenty anthems about our team to sing from start to finish of a game without the add ons and the downright offensive chants We can do it nae bother just look to the way Northern Ireland fans behave no offensive sectarian songs but boy do they get across where their from and their culture it’s time we did the same

This type of post is fine, fine that is until you realise that sectarianism in this country is seen as a one way street = Rangers sectarian, everyone else nice and jolly. We have a written media who take this view, we have national broadcasters who take this view, Until it is accepted that this is a problem caused by almost all football supporters and reported as such nothing will change.

This type of post is fine, fine that is until you realise that sectarianism in this country is seen as a one way street = Rangers sectarian, everyone else nice and jolly. We have a written media who take this view, we have national broadcasters who take this view, Until it is accepted that this is a problem caused by almost all football supporters and reported as such nothing will change.
We should live by our rules and Morals, not someone else

Robert love the way you handle the singing when it starts in the Louden, maybe we should move you and your mic to the UBs area during the match.

Back