For the Love of Football

Right,we get the songs sorted out,what next stop wearing red,blue,and white to the games because that offends them. Give the mentally challengeds an inch and they will take a mile.we have seen this happen on the political scene in ulster,and it is happening here in our own country right now a blind man can see that.

That upset me as well lol
I was never sure if I was in on that or out
Remember the Eggs Benedict not being on the menu and the groundsman cutting the pattern of a Sash into the pitch.Much as I am laughing this proves the point about how it doesn't take much to give us bad press.

I often wonder what the catholics on our payroll think about these songs and chants, if i played for a club that had supporters chanting about my religion i would be disillusioned to say the least, it is embarrasing and we have no right to comment on any other team until we put our own house in order
What are the beliefs of the 19th Century Terrorist religion?

Our Club was formed by four young lads based on 'For the love of Football'
One hundred and forty seven years later, it should still be the same sentiment. We live in an age where everything is highlighted and dissected until, it is quite frankly, boring.

We have fans, some of them married to RC's that want to add FB / FTP / IRA to practically every song that is thought up.
These fans have ruined near enough every anthem our support have came up with.

Our songbook is different class and we should be promoting everything that is good about our Club

It is now time for The Club to take the Moral high ground and bring these fans to respect what the Club want.
We should be wanting a modern football Club that embraces everyone and as such, make as much money as we can commercially, to do this we must be seen as acting in a professional and inclusive manner as possible.

Anyone who knows me, know what i think of that rancid Club from the east end, but we are better than that and we should be proving it everyday. But I am only interested in Rangers and how we as a support can show the world that we are a proper modern Club.

Rangers are the envy of the football world with the loyalty our fans have shown.

Before anyone jumps in and says ' what about Blah Blah Blah', We have no right to pull them up about the IRA ? PLO or any other stupid cause they want to promote, until we sort ourselves out.

Just to be clear, we should remind the world about their heinous crimes against children until that issue has been settled.
That is about common decency and every person,football fan or not, should be wanting justice for these kids and their families.

We will not take any moral lessons off these people, but until we sort out our own issues, they will promote it as 'whataboutry'

These are all my own views and only influenced by my upbringing.

#oneloveoneclubonerangers

100%

What are the beliefs of the 19th Century Terrorist religion?
They don't have one as I think you know but I see where you are going in fact if you are not a 19th Century Terrorist it shouldn't upset you then water off a ducks back and all that.

Gerry McNee was offended by Does your Anchor hold also they tried to make out Penny Arcade was about a Catholic being killed in a amusement arcade that's what we are dealing with.
Such discrimination against Rangers supporters shows why the aim of getting our own house in order first is doomed to fail. This is tribalism, and it won't go away by asking only one tribe to change their behaviour.
Tribalism exists from top to bottom in Scotland. There are deeply tribal people in government, the media and football's playing side. These people are exploiting tribalism. How can Rangers supporters be asked to change, after already making significant changes, when everybody else keeps cranking up their own tribal attacks on us.
The whole Clarke thing is blown out of all proportion. It is elevated above what happened to Kris Boyd, despite being less serious. Clarke has behaved unsportsmanlike, and he provoked a reaction out of a crowd in a tribal environment. What about being responsible for ones own actions.
Tribalism is stoked by managers, players, the media, so called charities and government. These are the first ones we should expect to fix their own houses. Once they have set an example football crowds can follow it.

These fans are given a warning, and if they repeat it are asked to leave.
Have to say Rab, I only manage around half a dozen games a season but, anytime I'm down, the Louden is our go to place. But, everytime I've been in, the 'fùck Bobby sands' addon is always sung by pretty much everyone as far as I can see without any recourse.

They will never not exist in our songbook, it’s inevitable that there will always be someone willing to sing it. Their needs to be more interaction between supporters and the club however, an I believe the idea of a safe standing section with a proviso that these songs are not sung would more or less stamp them out to an extent.

Now, I have sung these songs and the add-ons etc. But the damage that these songs could cause the club isn’t really worth it anymore.

"
We have fans, some of them married to RC's that want to add FB / FTP / IRA to practically every song that is thought up.
These fans have ruined near enough every anthem our support have came up with. "

How to impress the punters who fill your pockets.

Have to say Rab, I only manage around half a dozen games a season but, anytime I'm down, the Louden is our go to place. But, everytime I've been in, the 'fùck Bobby sands' addon is always sung by pretty much everyone as far as I can see without any recourse.
The problem with the Bobby Sands add on is not illegal.
The regulars will tell you I often say on the mike 'Fu*k Elvis He's deed' then add 'I'm only trying to keep Elvis's memory alive'

We will always get highlighted more than anyone else but as I get older I have have changed. I go to games with my boys. I have no problems with shouting and swearing but when you try to explain to them what 19th Century Terrorist, a Hun or who the F bobby sands is and why we shout his name it's too much. I can't sing these songs in front of kids and we only join in when blue sea of Ibrox, four lads etc are sung. Sing these songs and more will join in. Let them sing about the IRA etc. They look like fannies but we don't need to sing about them anymore.

Slightly double standards here Robert ,I have witnessed you and Alice grabbing the mic on Old Firm days to lambast "fans" singing banned songs...then jokingly adding in "I hate them as well ,you can't sing FB even though we know they are FB" etc etc

So what's it to be outrage on here at other fans when your guilty of similar.

I would also like to see you play only Rangers songs in your pub.

"
These fans have ruined near enough every anthem our support have came up with. "

How to impress the punters who fill your pockets.
You will need to explain that to me, what has the service the Louden Provides got to do with someones wife's religion?

1st thing we need to do is sort out our clubs anthem which is as sectarian as any song we sing, bar none!

What happens if we win a trophy this season and the players sing club songs as all winning teams do. What happens after Dundee, Hamilton?

I have contacted the club asking them to highlight the fans are singing the wrong words and address it.

Follow follow we will follow Rangers
Anywhere, everywhere we will follow on
If we go to Dublin we will follow on

Slightly double standards here Robert ,I have witnessed you and Alice grabbing the mic on Old Firm days to lambast "fans" singing banned songs...then jokingly adding in "I hate them as well ,you can't sing FB even though we know they are FB" etc etc

So what's it to be outrage on here at other fans when your guilty of similar.

I would also like to see you play only Rangers songs in your pub.
I already said that anyone who knows me know what I think about them. But this is about The Club, not me personally. Having a sartorial comment amongst your own is a million miles away from singing it in the Stadium.
I like the songs we play in the pub

Many argue why should we clean up some of our songs when that other mob sing hate songs,we will sing what we like.
That's like going home at night and doing a shite on your own door step because your neighbour does and as long as he keeps shiting on his door step I will do likewise.
Let's sing our hearts out with traditional Rangers songs and dare I say it add a bit of humour.Most of us go to enjoy the match and have a bit of banter with your mates,we don't need to carry the baggage of hate around.

1st thing we need to do is sort out our clubs anthem which is as sectarian as any song we sing, bar none!

What happens if we win a trophy this season and the players sing club songs as all winning teams do. What happens after Dundee, Hamilton?

I have contacted the club asking them to highlight the fans are singing the wrong words and address it.

Anywhere, everywhere we will follow on
If we go to Dublin we will follow on
Actually the proper words I learned were ' Aberdeen and back Again ' not FTP and the Vatican.
I'm surprised any Rangers fan doesn't know the proper words.

Everyone who is a regular in our pub obeys the rules.
Those that are not regulars don't though.
I am in full agreement with you but it won't stop some singing the add ons.
I’m not a regular but the last time I was in I observed Robert asking and then telling a group to stop singing a song with 19th Century Terrorist in it.

We can fight this battle on many fronts. One of which is dealing with acts that harm the Club ourselves.

I already said that anyone who knows me know what I think about them. But this is about The Club, not me personally. Having a sartorial comment amongst your own is a million miles away from singing it in the Stadium.
I like the songs we play in the pub
Thanks for reply Robert,only point I was trying to get over is even although its a pub for Rangers fans ,ex players etc have been in pub for Q&A sessions etc so we leave ourselves open to getting dragged into any negative publicity.

Many argue why should we clean up some of our songs when that other mob sing hate songs,we will sing what we like.
That's like going home at night and doing a shite on your own door step because your neighbour does and as long as he keeps shiting on his door step I will do likewise.
Let's sing our hearts out with traditional Rangers songs and dare I say it add a bit of humour.Most of us go to enjoy the match and have a bit of banter with your mates,we don't need to carry the baggage of hate around.
Can't ever see me having a shite on my own doorstep just cos the neighbour does on his:))

Actually the proper words I learned were ' Aberdeen and back Again ' not FTP and the Vatican.
I'm surprised any Rangers fan doesn't know the proper words.
I've had this discussion with many Rangers fans. Never heard the Aberdeen and back again version. I assume it's a bastardised version as is Dundee, Hamilton. The original hymn the song is taken from repeats the Follow follow line, so I'm pretty sure the lyrics I quoted are correct, supported by the earliest recording of the bears singing it I can find. 1970, I doubt very much we went from the Aberdeen line, back to Follow follow line, then Dundee Hamilton.

I’m not a regular but the last time I was in I observed Robert asking and then telling a group to stop singing a song with 19th Century Terrorist in it.

We can fight this battle on many fronts. One of which is dealing with acts that harm the Club ourselves.

He’s reeled me in before for shouting add ons I had no problem & respected him & his pubs rules.

time & a place and in 2019 you have to box clever

Gerry McNee was offended by Does your Anchor hold also they tried to make out Penny Arcade was about a Catholic being killed in a amusement arcade that's what we are dealing with.

That’s very true, and also a few years ago the BBC Radio Scotland Commentator, David Begg, during a live commentary at Rugby Park, complained about us chanting, ‘We are the people’
You couldn’t make it up!!

As someone on FF wrote around 15 years ago, it’s chip, chip, chip away.
Maybe we should stop these add-ons as @Robert Marshall suggests, but when we do, they’ll still come after us, no matter how innocent the song, they’ll invent a reason.
After all, they are the sickos who went to all the trouble of getting the definition of ‘19th Century Terrorist’ changed in our dictionaries!

Thanks for reply Robert,only point I was trying to get over is even although its a pub for Rangers fans ,ex players etc have been in pub for Q&A sessions etc so we leave ourselves open to getting dragged into any negative publicity.
WE have had Souness, WS , Big Eck, John Greig, all ex managers and practically every player apart from McCoist and Laudrup and never had a problem. Our customers are different class and know how to behave

The song book has been cleaned up, but you’ll never eradicate it completely and I’m pretty sure on the 29th Dec that the majority of Bears at Ibrox were singing the BB’s and more, myself included.

I've had this discussion with many Rangers fans. Never heard the Aberdeen and back again version. I assume it's a bastardised version as is Dundee, Hamilton. The original hymn the song is taken from repeats the Follow follow line, so I'm pretty sure the lyrics I quoted are correct, supported by the earliest recording of the bears singing it I can find. 1970, I doubt very much we went from the Aberdeen line, back to Follow follow line, then Dundee Hamilton.

For me since when I was a kid in the 1950s and 1960s it was just the ‘plain’ Follow Follow that I sang with my pals, in the streets of Maryhill :) with no add-ons, no Aberdeen and back again, no pope or Vatican, and that was the same at Ibrox when I started to go there in 1965.
I still sing the original words, which is what I’m used to, which at first confused my grandson when he started to go to the matches ;)

The Line is Dundee Hamilton Aberdeen and back again,
Everywhere in Europe,we will follow on.
Earliest recording ? It was on various LP's in the sixties and the words were printed on the official T ee Towel that was brought out in 1969 ?
There is have one on the wall in The wall in The Louden
So basically, there were two 'clean' versions. None contained FTP and the Vatican

We have people who expect the club to come out and slag other clubs and moan they do nothing but the same people aren’t willing to do anything to help the club on the matter.

For me since when I was a kid in the 1950s and 1960s it was just the ‘plain’ Follow Follow that I sang with my pals, in the streets of Maryhill :) with no add-ons, no Aberdeen and back again, no pope or Vatican, and that was the same at Ibrox when I started to go there in 1965.
I still sing the original words, which is what I’m used to, which at first confused my grandson when he started to go to the matches ;)
Is it just me or is it not a better atmosphere when we don't mention them at all

Follow follow we will follow Rangers version is one i know other than FTP and vatican

I often wonder what the catholics on our payroll think about these songs and chants, if i played for a club that had supporters chanting about my religion i would be disillusioned to say the least, it is embarrasing and we have no right to comment on any other team until we put our own house in order
They probably understand that 300 years of animosity between Irish immigrants and the native population doesn't really relate to Colombians, etc.

The Line is Dundee Hamilton Aberdeen and back again,
Everywhere in Europe,we will follow on.
Earliest recording ? It was on various LP's in the sixties and the words were printed on the official T ee Towel that was brought out in 1969 ?
There is have one on the wall in The wall in The Louden
So basically, there were two 'clean' versions. None contained FTP and the Vatican
Still not buying that Robert. I VERY much doubt the fans are going to change Dundee Aberdeen, to Follow Follow, ionly for it to revert to Dundee.... ? Hmmm it just doesn't add up. There may have been some recorded it with these changed words, it happens. But the evidence of the original follow follow hymn and the fans singing those words in 1970 steers me in this direction. Also going forward if we are to rid the song of the FTP reference, we have to rid it of Dundee Aberdeen/Hamilton. The sing is further bastardised by 'uo the falls, Derrys walls'

Still not buying that Robert. I VERY much doubt the fans are going to change Dundee Aberdeen, to Follow Follow, ionly for it to revert to Dundee.... ? Hmmm it just doesn't add up. There may have been some recorded it with these changed words, it happens. But the evidence of the original follow follow hymn and the fans singing those words in 1970 steers me in this direction. Also going forward if we are to rid the song of the FTP reference, we have to rid it of Dundee Aberdeen/Hamilton. The sing is further bastardised by 'uo the falls, Derrys walls'
I'm only explaining to you how it evolved, I have both LP and TEE towel

I agree with Robert

Far better songs can be sung and the add ons can be dropped on the others.

This isn't rocket science FFS

Back