For Thursday guys - Derry walls is untouchable

Bluenose1992

This is our anthem now guys, the song that has kept us going since the Billy Boys was banned in 2006. It has been sung at every home and away game since so obviously UEFA don’t have a problem with it.

It’s a rousing anthem, it’s a hair on the back of your neck song, it’s a song that intimidates the opposition. So it’s vital that the 45000 at Ibrox on Thursday sing it loud and proud.

It’s not sectarian, it’s not racist.

Derry’s walls
Blue sea of Ibrox
Rule Britannia

That’s the start of our song list on Thursday bears.

This is our anthem now guys, the song that has kept us going since the Billy Boys was banned in 2006. It has been sung at every home and away game since so obviously UEFA don’t have a problem with it.

It’s a rousing anthem, it’s a hair on the back of your neck song, it’s a song that intimidates the opposition. So it’s vital that the 45000 at Ibrox on Thursday sing it loud and proud.

Derry’s walls
Blue sea of Ibrox
Rule Britannia

It should be played over the tannoy, the club need to take bold leadership.

I don't get why we *have* to have a non football song as our go to.

Derrys walls is amazing but so is Follow Follow, why can't the fans learn to sing that at the same pace?

Follow follow has add ons that get us into bother.

"We went up to Aberdeen" just ain't gonnae happen I'm afraid.

Reactions: TQ3
I like Derry’s walls but is it Fck our “ anthem “:rolleyes:

We have followfollow and 4 lads had a dream for a start

We are dealing with FARE ffs.

Follow follow whether you like it or not has clear adds on against the Pope.

Four lads had a dream is a fantastic song but also the same tune as the Famine Song. If I believed we had leadership from the club/fan groups then I would encourage you to sing it next week. unfortunately I don’t believe we do.

Derry’s walls has been sung loudly and proudly since I can remember. It is a rousing anthem that the whole stadium can get behind 45000 strong

My young grandson was surprised when he started coming to the matches with me, to hear me sing :

Follow Follow we will follow Rangers
Everywhere Anywhere we will follow on.
Follow follow we will follow Rangers
If they go to Dublin we will follow on
... there’s not a team ... etc

That’s what I’ve been singing since the 1950s, that’s what I learned and I’ve never changed.

We are dealing with FARE ffs.

Follow follow whether you like it or not has clear adds on against the Pope.

Four lads had a dream is a fantastic song but also the same tune as the Famine Song. If I believed we had leadership from the club/fan groups then I would encourage you to sing it next week. unfortunately I don’t believe we do.

Derry’s walls has been sung loudly and proudly since I can remember. It is a rousing anthem that the whole stadium can get behind 45000 strong

What a load of shite .

So you’re willing to lose 4 lads and follow follow because of what someone “ might “ add ? 4 lads because it “ might sound like “ a famine song ?? Jesus Christ .

Just stop right now . I am highly dubious of anyone coming away with this crap .

What a load of shite .

So you’re willing to lose 4 lads and follow follow because of what someone “ might “ add ? 4 lads because it “ might sound like “ a famine song ?? Jesus Christ .

Just stop right now . I am highly dubious of anyone coming away with this crap .

It’s not shite

Follow Follow is fücked until people stop singing FTP and the Vatican. That’s a fact, it’s not what people ‘might’ add on, the majority do.

‘My fear’ with four young lads is that FARE will report it as the Famine song. UEFA as we have seen will take there word as gospel and I honestly don’t think we have anyone from the club/ or fan groups to fight our corner.

Yes I agree but realistically it won’t happen before next Thursday so I wouldn’t use it.

If your talking realistically then Follow follow will be sung on Thusday and very loudly at that. Cut out the add ons that replaced the original. If folks dont know the words then that is desperately sad and in that case I would hope they refrain from those add ons that have degraded a most amazing anthem.

No it doesn’t . The words aren’t “ Dundee Hamilton “ for a start

ANY song can be bastardised and added to

Followfollow is a magical total football song sing the right words not the dreadful 80s modified crap

Let's be honest here. As a wise man once said to me, there isn't a song in the world that our support cannot fit a reference to the pope or catholics into.

It needs to stop.

Derry’s walls
Blue sea of Ibrox
Rule Britannia

It'll be racist by the end of the game, and the club will just nod

Derry's Walls is NOT untouchable by any stretch of the imagination.

"Rebel scum" "Sword and shield" "Surrender or you'll die die die" could all quite easily be the next in the lines of misconstrued lyrics as aggressive, threatening or offensive.
Against whom?
Would this make GSTQ and Flower of Scotland threatening and/or offensive?

My young grandson was surprised when he started coming to the matches with me, to hear me sing :

That’s what I’ve been singing since the 1950s, that’s what I learned and I’ve never changed.

At last , the correct words!
And 4 lads is the same tune as Sloop John B.

Against whom?
Would this make GSTQ and Flower of Scotland threatening and/or offensive?

Doesn't matter. We're not playing on a level playing field here.

For example, FARE have already confirmed that "No Surrender to the IRA" would be reported.

Don't forget, they went after BMG in Eindhoven in 2011, remember ?

"Rebel scum" "Sword and shield" "Surrender or you'll die die die" could all quite easily be the next in the lines of misconstrued lyrics as aggressive, threatening or offensive.
I’ve heard worse from Ultras from Italy and the likes of Poland, I highly doubt we would get fined or punished as it’s been sung for years now. No doubt FARE being corrupt would highlight it.

There is an argument if it really is a Rangers song, there is no mention of the club in it

What do you expect the club to do?

I expect them, when being stitched up by a Rangers hating, and quite easily proved Rangers hating organization like FARE, to put up a bit of a fight re: the blatant discriminatory nature of the charge, rather than rolling over and having their tummy tickled.

Derry’s walls
Blue sea of Ibrox
Rule Britannia

What about Build My Gallows?

That's fine.

Flower of Scotland needs to go as well then. Clear racist undertones about sending the English home.

What have I just read?

In that every rap song should be banned!

In addition every national anthem should be banned

This is our anthem it should be played over the tannoys but our board don’t have the balls

It’s not shite

Follow Follow is fücked until people stop singing FTP and the Vatican. That’s a fact, it’s not what people ‘might’ add on, the majority do.

‘My fear’ with four young lads is that FARE will report it as the Famine song. UEFA as we have seen will take there word as gospel and I honestly don’t think we have anyone from the club/ or fan groups to fight our corner.

Four lads had a dream is the essence of the club as is follow follow

Two more inoffensive and beautiful football songs you couldn’t find anywhere

Our board play them over the tannoy

Our board would defend them easily to uefa if need by with evidence as to what is sung

We know the banned list - it’s crystal clear.

Stop trying to add others to it.

Needs moderrnised with our new initiative....:))

Everyone, Anyone we will follow on.

What have I just read?

In that every rap song should be banned!

In addition every national anthem should be banned

This is our anthem it should be played over the tannoys but our board don’t have the balls

I agree with you. I can just see what FARE could do next, and UEFA would lap it up as they always do, meaning we get fucked over.

Get knotted absolutely fûck all wrong with it and If we give up on the we may aswell just go and sit on our hands every other week.

Four lads had a dream is the essence of the club as is follow follow

Two more inoffensive and beautiful football songs you couldn’t find anywhere

Our board play them over the tannoy

Our board would defend them easily to uefa if need by with evidence as to what is sung

We know the banned list - it’s crystal clear.

Stop trying to add others to it.

You have more faith in the board than I do sir and I say that as a big admirer of Dave King.

Unfortunately FF isn’t untouchable for the obvious add ons and I fear for 4 Young lads had a dream. (Due to the the scum that’s reporting us)

Actually until there’s clear leadership from OUR club and OUR supporters groups then I actually fear for 90% of the songbook.

Back