For Thursday guys - Derry walls is untouchable

Unbelievable that any football club supporters have to decide what is or isn't appropriate to be sung. Rangers are a football team you wouldn't think it.

They should play the official album from the 90s over the tannoys with lyrics up on the screens.

Wouldn’t be surprised if younger bears don’t know the original lyrics.

Last edited:
Unless the club and others tackle UEFA then by their letter of the law GSTO is sectarian as are many other National Anthems, petty I know but until clarification and a legality check we have to be very careful.
19th Century Terrorist is not illegal but according to UEFA it is. It is also not allowed to abuse individuals therefore The Pope, Donald Trump, Neil Lennon, Nicola Sturgeon etc are out of bounds.
Of course if any club across Europe sing any of these out of bound songs then we should highlight them.
Therefore Catalonia's, Basques or any other regions fighting for independence or recognition are breaking their rules.
FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE

Doesn't matter. We're not playing on a level playing field here.

For example, FARE have already confirmed that "No Surrender to the IRA" would be reported.

Don't forget, they went after BMG in Eindhoven in 2011, remember ?
Did they win the BMG one?
I’m not trying to be clever here.

I expect them, when being stitched up by a Rangers hating, and quite easily proved Rangers hating organization like FARE, to put up a bit of a fight re: the blatant discriminatory nature of the charge, rather than rolling over and having their tummy tickled.
What would this fight entail?

This is our anthem now guys, the song that has kept us going since the Billy Boys was banned in 2006. It has been sung at every home and away game since so obviously UEFA don’t have a problem with it.

It’s a rousing anthem, it’s a hair on the back of your neck song, it’s a song that intimidates the opposition. So it’s vital that the 45000 at Ibrox on Thursday sing it loud and proud.

It’s not sectarian, it’s not racist.

Derry’s walls
Blue sea of Ibrox
Rule Britannia

That’s the start of our song list on Thursday bears.

Can we get a minute by minute song Itinerary.
Like you get at church?

1-3 Derry's Walls.
4-6 Blue sea of Ibrox.
*Some songs may be delayed slightly to allow for goal celebrations!

Derry's Walls is NOT untouchable by any stretch of the imagination.

"Rebel scum" "Sword and shield" "Surrender or you'll die die die" could all quite easily be the next in the lines of misconstrued lyrics as aggressive, threatening or offensive.
Absolute bollocks it’s no more threatening or agressive as flower of Scotland or indeed fields of Athenrye that roi fans sing at games under the rules of uefa

"Rebel scum" "Sword and shield" "Surrender or you'll die die die" could all quite easily be the next in the lines of misconstrued lyrics as aggressive, threatening or offensive.

All I will say is this song was possibly at its most popular after TBB was banned and we stopped singing it. At the time the sectarian witch hunt was at its worst, if you think people didn't go after this song then, I would say you are a little niave.

There wasn't anything in the song for them to chase, a song about a factual piece of history that doesn't criticise any religion or race.

One of the few songs that can touch TBB in terms of sheer noise and still sound good inside any football ground. Get it sung, loud and proud.

Except it's rebel band. At a push it might be argued that rebel scum is derogatory but other than that there is no way any sane person could argue it should bring trouble upon us.

Haven't heard a good Derry's Walls at Ibrox in a fair few weeks now.

Can we still sing the Mcgregor song ? He shags 10 burds a night might be seen as sexist.

I’ll go as far as saying if they said Derry’s Walls wasn’t accepted I wouldn’t renew my season ticket.

Rangers ought to grow a set and promote such great songs relating to what the majority of our support celebrate.

The scum play songs to their scumbag peado harbouring support about being against The Crown and we cannot even celebrate the freedom and liberty our country has?

You have more faith in the board than I do sir and I say that as a big admirer of Dave King.

Unfortunately FF isn’t untouchable for the obvious add ons and I fear for 4 Young lads had a dream. (Due to the the scum that’s reporting us)

Actually until there’s clear leadership from OUR club and OUR supporters groups then I actually fear for 90% of the songbook.

You “ fear” for 4 lads had a dream?

The most innocent song in world football.

What a load of shite mate! It’s as offensive as flower of Scotland so let’s the cunts try

What a load of shite mate! It’s as offensive as flower of Scotland so let’s the cunts try

These people hate our mere existence and tried to kill us off.

Do I think there's anything wrong with Derry's Walls? (Or TBB for that matter?) No, of course I don't. Could they latch onto it as their next mission? Absolutely.

I fucking hate the whole situation, have said that in other threads, but to think songs are untouchable is naive at best.

Let’s cut to the chase. Do the the liberals on this site want to give up the Sash, Derry’s walls and any non sectarian Ulster references? If so I say you are fair weather Rangers fans and do not in any way represent real world Ulster Scots. Let’s discuss.

Last edited:
sens
Let’s cut to the chase. Do the the liberals on this site want to give up the Sash, Derry’s walls and any non sectarian Ulster references? If so I say you are fair weather Rangers fans and do not in any way represent real world Ulster Scots. Let’s discuss.
Going on other threads today they do.Said it already on this thread I've never met Rangers fans with those views in real life.

I don’t but you are assigning your ethos of supporting Rangers to others. I know many Rangers fans who have no interest in Ulster, the OO or any connected matters. But they are probably just as passionate and committed as Rangers supporters as you are.

Wouldn’t mind the proper words for Derry’s Walls and Follow Follow bring sung. And drop the FTP from the Sash. By their own words, UEFA couldn’t do anything, they fall into traditional songs.

My young grandson was surprised when he started coming to the matches with me, to hear me sing :

Follow Follow we will follow Rangers
Everywhere Anywhere we will follow on.
Follow follow we will follow Rangers
If they go to Dublin we will follow on
... there’s not a team ... etc

That’s what I’ve been singing since the 1950s, that’s what I learned and I’ve never changed.

'Theresnot a team ....' leads into TBB though !

Wouldn’t mind the proper words for Derry’s Walls and Follow Follow bring sung. And drop the FTP from the Sash. By their own words, UEFA couldn’t do anything, they fall into traditional songs.

What about ' Here lies a soldier' , 'Build my Gallows ' the latter refers to Erin's Feniam Valleys ? 'Fathers Advice ?

It doesn’t matter what any other fans sing unfortunately the spotlight is on us & it’s blinding, given the choice of dropping some songs, which I’m not happy about or being locked out of games, it’s a no brainer.

What about ' Here lies a soldier' , 'Build my Gallows ' the latter refers to Erin's Feniam Valleys ? 'Fathers Advice ?
I wish we would just sing football songs rather than Orange/loyalist songs. We are a football club, not an extension of the OO or any branch of Protestantism. There's no denying our historical connections but we must move beyond that and become a truly modern support.

I’ve heard it all now, christ.

I don't get why we *have* to have a non football song as our go to.

Derrys walls is amazing but so is Follow Follow, why can't the fans learn to sing that at the same pace?
The night Wolverhampton came to Ibrox over 80000 singing Follow follow one of the best I’ve ever heard was unbelievable. Wolves had team of internationals they shit themselves. Was 14 at the time will never forget that night.

[QUOTE

WTF :) :):)

Thanks for the laugh mate ah needed it after the past 2 days.

Back