Form going forward

Southsideblueblood

I have been harsh about tonight but in retrospect this has been a successful campaign in Europe. The two results against Spartak were the downfall.
There has been a lot of chat re last year vs this year. Frankly last year was pretty shit and now the decks are clear. There has been talk of clubs improving. I don’t buy that , Kilmarnock are the success story. Last year hibs and Aberdeen were equal to us right to the end. This Year if we get our act together they are a distance away. Yet three games against a piss poor sheep team ( the first we were done by the ref) and no progress.
So we are a point ahead of last year. With fifteen to play for and nine won the previous year. In the period to the end of December.
Let me be straight , I think no matter what happens we should stick with SG and his team . Imho this guy gets it and will improve us in time. That said it should not be a crime on here to say that domestically we haven’t yet got it right and the progress is small if any.
Therefore nine points out of fifteen, will we do better? I think it’s hard to call. On current form we would need them all against everyone bar the manky mhob . Then if we did this , as it’s the last game of the year, we might be confident.
My last thoughts. Wipe the slate clean tonight and let’s back the team. In truth Europe has been well above what we might expect. Now time to start exceeding domestically. In truth we haven’t yet.

Back