Former Celtic Boys' Club chairman convicted of sexually abusing children while he was a teacher

Discussion in 'The Bear Pit' started by Yer da, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:29 PM.

1. RutherglenGer72

RutherglenGer72 Well-Known Member

Just googled it , I'm rubbish at links

2. RutherglenGer72

There are various types of disclosure depending on the job. Some can reveal anything you've ever been in trouble for but Most just relate to whatever job your applying for

3. Richard The Lionheart

Richard The Lionheart Well-Known Member

For the avoidance of doubt, King wasn't a convicted sex offender back in 1987.

4. RutherglenGer72

My mistake, read that wrong. You are right

tobeornottobe and Superrangers like this.
  5. RutherglenGer72

See my last post

6. Superrangers

Superrangers Well-Known Member

Just a sex offender.

Popbear and RutherglenGer72 like this.
  7. thetoptier

thetoptier Well-Known Member

when is this paedophile ring going to be investigated and reported on properly?

one rangers one love likes this.
  8. one rangers one love

one rangers one love Active Member

Sorry for my tardiness In replying to you kind sir, but I was otherwise engaged watching I'm a Celebrity get me out of here.

You seem to be a knight in shining Armour for convicted sex offender Mr Gerald King, former teacher and Celtic boys club chairman honour.

I will answer you this way.

I quoted directly from the Sun newspaper.

How grammatically correct they are is not for me to decipher.

I am not one to throw stones at others Glass house's Re. grammar but their quote for me was unequivocal

9. Haining84

Haining84 Well-Known Member

You never know just what's around the corner..

George Goudie likes this.
  10. Lets go 55

Lets go 55 New Member

That's another one done and two more going through the process when are they going to join the dots and confirm what everyone knows it was a ring and maybe just maybe the huddle is a Freudian homage to their rancid past.
    If your old enough to remember the Quality Street Kids is this another misnomer that is really alerting their friends (fiends) that the sweetie shop is open
    The alleged facilitators at this club are well known one a chairman at Celtic the other President of the S.F.A. both have links with Torbetts trophy centre but as yet as far as I know have never been asked the question what did they know and why were they paying millions for plastic cups.
    Police forces in Scotland,England,Interpol and the U.S.A. should be opening investigations into this club from fictitious tours in Europe,the incident in America and last but not least was Bennel and his youth teams ever involved in any activities associated with Celtic Boys Club.Why were so many Priests attending their matches ,why is Saville pictured with Kelly and the Kilsyth priests,God forbid he was involved but then again Birds of a feather flock together.
    This is the biggest scandal in world sport and when you are told by the likes of Spiers,4 Priest Keevins and the rest of the media that you are point scoring,this is part of their agenda to keep it quiet,it should be Prime airtime news for the journalists with any moral fibre in this country but I won't hold my breath on that one.
    The best but not the last is the report of abuse in Scottish football actually praised them for appointing a safeguarding officer to their club in 2013 or there abouts too late for that one,the horse's have already bolted.
    let this sink in they wanted Rangers dead and are still going after us with their resolution 12 antics,so no quarter should be given and the only just punishment is the withdrawal of their licence to play football in this country by the S.F.A. S.P.F.L if they want to continue as a going concern for their shareholders let them apply to the country that they hold allegiance to but Iam pretty sure they would knock them back not in the name of Sporting Integrity but Moral Integrity and this isn't point scoring but the untold amount of victims of this club should be given justice for what they have suffered.

11. Bazoo

Bazoo Well-Known Member

Torbett the Paedo puppet master. Who else is connected?

12. George Goudie

George Goudie Well-Known Member Official Ticketer

Home Page:
    Has anyone noticed that the press always say....

Torbett was convicted of abusing 3 boys.

Never WHERE THE ABUSE TOOK PLACE.

The press are doing their bidding and earning their coin. Shifty McGifty is currently earning his keep.

StuGers and nemessis like this.
  13. nemessis

nemessis Well-Known Member

If it's not a paedo ring then the only other way to describe it is that Celtic football club as per it's affiliated boys club is / was a magnet for paedophiles ,how else could they get so many of those vile people in the one place and deny it wasn't a paeodophile ring.

14. George Goudie

George Goudie Well-Known Member Official Ticketer

Home Page:
    Correct

How would a peadophile attract like minded predators?

By publishing naked pictures of kids. Almost advertising the availability - is it any wonder these animals herd together? The more of them in control, the better they remain hidden.

What really shocks though is that many normal people or 'non peadophiles' have coerced victims to remain silent and people in authority at Celtc have actively covered up the existence of this ring for 40 years.

Calderwoodbear likes this.
  15. TexMexBear

TexMexBear Well-Known Member

Who gives a fek if it's considered point scoring or not, we cannot let this go.
    They tried to kill us & still attack our club for what? using a legal tax avoidance scheme & the governing bodies then knowingly watching & letting a criminal steer the club onto the rocks.

We need to concisely summarize the overall historical picture, detailing which perpetrators were linked to CFC and their boys club, The Trophy Centre & then start a mass campaign of demanding our media outlets & politicians to initiate a proper investigation. We can take adverts out. Thousands of us contacting authorities, governing bodies and the political institutions cannot be ignored.
    It needs to be done for the victims, and it's time for this rancid club to answer for their crimes.

There's a few on here that have as good a handle on this as anyone, so an accurate
    summary of what to report would be a good start, then we can start spreading the info far and wide.

Lets go 55 and Burgos St Bear like this.
  16. daven37

daven37 Well-Known Member

There has to be some sort of high profile consequence for this to really take off.

If just one of celtic's sponsors were to sever ties with them stating they cannot continue to be linked to an organisation that was a hell hole for child abuse, the cover up that continues to this day and the refusal of celtic to even apologise for it then world will really sit up and take notice.

Right now the filth are getting away with it.

17. RutherglenGer72

It's definitely a paedo ring. Celtic have let this happen and gave priests and abusers free reign at parkhead, Catholic church are worldwide abusers and that bastard football club are up to their necks in it

jweebear and Haining84 like this.
  18. mdingwall

mdingwall Administrator Staff Member

19. flootbon

flootbon Well-Known Member

It states in the BBC: "He was also found guilty of taking indecent pictures of children in February 1987."

Bad English ? Should it be : He was found guilty today, of taking indecent pictures in 1987.

Or : He was found guilty in 1987 of taking indecent pictures.

I believe, like RtL, he was convicted this week, of offences committed in 1987.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 2:42 PM
    Richard The Lionheart likes this.
  20. Shamrock hand and crown

Shamrock hand and crown Well-Known Member

Imagine if this had happened at ibrox? We would be in front of the sfa, uefa and would be subject to a full scale enquiry by the Scottish government.
    Yet the say we are the Establishment club!

StuGers likes this.
  21. Del

Del Well-Known Member

In the eyes of the SFA it falls somewhere below match fixing and utilising legal tax avoidance schemes.

When you think of the column inches and hours of TV / radio coverage our club was subjected to.

FFS the face painters got more sympathy than the poor kids exploited by these scumbags.

Still their followers and media puppets Let Their Club Lie.

22. Biffout

Biffout Active Member

Is the fact that it is now being reported that Kenny Campbell was abused whilst a player at Celtic FC and not just the boys club (St Pats - no sniggering at the back there) that the scum are so determined to distance themselve from a game changer?

23. Talktalk

Talktalk Well-Known Member

This shouldn’t be a Rangers Celtic thing this should be treated by the authorities as a historical attack on our country’s children who are still alive and still suffering decades later, where do they turn too ? Their church their headmaster at school or the people who ran the organisation where they were abused or even their parents in some cases ? None as no one would listen so they get the courage to tell the police and the poor kids are made to feel guilty by friends for talking out against the mothership.

These poor kids have been let down by society not just Celtic and still being shunned by the people who govern our country as it would cost them votes.

We really live in a shithole of a country

24. Superrangers

Superrangers Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Does SNP stand for Say Nothing about Paedophiles?