Former Celtic Boys' Club chairman convicted of sexually abusing children while he was a teacher

Yer da

Looks like they weren't allowed to link him with Celtic until he was convicted. Previously just 'teacher'. :rolleyes:

A former Celtic Boys’ Club chairman has been convicted of sexually abusing four boys and a girl while he was employed as a teacher. Gerald King, 66, taught and coached football at a primary school in the north of Glasgow during the 1980s.

Shamed King who was also a coach at Celtic boys’ club, was yesterday told by sheriff Johanna Johnston QC: “You have been convicted of serious sexual offences against pupils when you were in a position of trust as a teacher and football coach.”

One man, now 43-year-old man told how King exposed himself to him when he was getting changed before a football game and told prosecutor Adele Macdonald “I was really embarrassed and uncomfortable”.

He told the jury: “I felt as though it was something I couldn’t escape from. “

After a trial at Glasgow Sheriff Court, King was convicted of five charges of using lewd and libidinous practises towards the five victims between August 1984 and April 1989.

He was also found guilty of taking indecent pictures of children in February 1987.

King’s victims were between nine and 13 years-old at the time.

In evidence he admitted taking two pictures, one of four boys in a shower with no clothes on which was later printed in the school magazine with ‘censored’ over their private parts.

He also said he took a second picture of one of the boys with no clothes on, but claimed both were entirely innocent.

Sick King denied the rest of the charges.

Another victim, now 41, described King stripping off in front of him before a football game.

Miss Macdonald asked: “How did you feel when you were standing there and he was in front of you in the same room naked?”

He answered: “Embarrassed.”

Sheriff Johnston deferred sentence until next year and continued King’s bail.

Defence counsel Gavin Anderson will give defence mitigation then.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is becoming ever clearer that Celtic Boys Club / St Pat's Separate Entity BC was quite simply at the centre of a paedophile ring.

Why nobody who "knew" about this ever phoned the police is an absolute national scandal.

And our Scottish Government excluding sports clubs and religious bodies from their historic inquiry into these awful events is an even bigger scandal, if that's possible.

Do the right thing, Nikla. Get this properly investigated and get justice for these poor kids who suffered so badly at the hands of those who were supposed to be nurturing them and caring for them.

Looks like they weren't allowed to link him with Celtic until he was convicted. Previously just 'teacher'. :rolleyes:

A former Celtic Boys’ Club chairman has been convicted of sexually abusing four boys and a girl while he was employed as a teacher. Gerald King, 66, taught and coached football at a primary school in the north of Glasgow during the 1980s.

Shamed King who was also a coach at Celtic boys’ club, was yesterday told by sheriff Johanna Johnston QC: “You have been convicted of serious sexual offences against pupils when you were in a position of trust as a teacher and football coach.”

One man, now 43-year-old man told how King exposed himself to him when he was getting changed before a football game and told prosecutor Adele Macdonald “I was really embarrassed and uncomfortable”.

He told the jury: “I felt as though it was something I couldn’t escape from. “

After a trial at Glasgow Sheriff Court, King was convicted of five charges of using lewd and libidinous practises towards the five victims between August 1984 and April 1989.

He was also found guilty of taking indecent pictures of children in February 1987.

King’s victims were between nine and 13 years-old at the time.

In evidence he admitted taking two pictures, one of four boys in a shower with no clothes on which was later printed in the school magazine with ‘censored’ over their private parts.

He also said he took a second picture of one of the boys with no clothes on, but claimed both were entirely innocent.

Sick King denied the rest of the charges.

Another victim, now 41, described King stripping off in front of him before a football game.

Miss Macdonald asked: “How did you feel when you were standing there and he was in front of you in the same room naked?”

He answered: “Embarrassed.”

Unbelievable.
Clearly a paedophile ring in operation. Yet if you want the authorities to investigate they call it cheap point scoring

If St Pats FC are not investigated it’s a national scandal and all politicians and mhedia outlets should be ashamed

Hope Michelle Gray tweets Useless and Nippy to keep them informed of another CBC abuser found guilty of child abuse

That’s 2 down from current trials and 2 pending trials

No paedo ring??

Phucking disgrace - imagine that’s your team covering up decades of abuse!!

It is becoming ever clearer that Celtic Boys Club / St Pat's Separate Entity BC was quite simply at the centre of a paedophile ring.

Along with a few others, I maintained this right from the very start.
Far too many instances of such perverts in the one place, nevermind some of them being invited back in, nor the close connections with other institutions of corruption.

However I also maintain that since this nest of obscenity has never been truly flushed clean, that club is STILL central to such organised paedophilia.
It's the way they operate.
They see themselves as above the law.
Sounds familiar.

With those recorded histories, that club is still a persistent danger to children.

Of course there should be a full on investigation into this but our country only seems interested in financial wrong doing and not the ruining of peoples lives.

I can never fathom how armed robbers get 10 to 15 years but paedos get 2 or 3 years.

Our justice system is f*cked.

Along with a few others, I maintained this right from the very start.
Far too many instances of such perverts in the one place, nevermind some of them being invited back in, nor the close connections with other institutions of corruption.

However I also maintain that since this nest of obscenity has never been truly flushed clean, that club is STILL central to such organised paedophilia.
It's the way they operate.
They see themselves as above the law.
Sounds familiar.

With those recorded histories, that club is still a persistent danger to children.

Agreed.

And I believe you're quite right about the way that paedophile rings operate. Until that place is utterly cleansed of the problem, and only a full police investigation and governmental inquiry will achieve that, then the finger of suspicion will continue to point at them, and rightly so.

The RC church is another organisation that is nowhere near having cleansed itself of the problem of paedophile abuse

Also worked at the trophy centre but denied being a friend of Torbett's
Nae Bother
Where you seeing that?

If correct surely somebody must join the dots? A teacher also working in a facking shop?

A shop owned by someone else convicted of abusing boys.

Both of whom were coaches at the same boys club!

It is almost certain some poor sod will come forward and report that King abused him at Celtic also.

Where you seeing that?

If correct surely somebody must join the dots? A teacher also working in a facking shop?

A shop owned by someone else convicted of abusing boys.

Both of whom were coaches at the same boys club!

It is almost certain some poor sod will come forward and report that King abused him at Celtic also.

It was said earlier in the trial

Fxxking disgusting.

How long - how fxxking long before they have to answer questions in parliament?

This is bigger than a national scandal - this should rock football across the planet and an example should be made of these pricks so nothing like this ever happens anywhere in the football world.

How long will victim and child/young people protection groups also keep quiet about this?

Fxxking disgusting.

How long - how fxxking long before they have to answer questions in parliament?

This is bigger than a national scandal - this should rock football across the planet and an example should be made of these pricks so nothing like this ever happens anywhere in the football world.

How long will victim and child/young people protection groups also keep quiet about this?

Stop point scoring :rolleyes:

Is it normal to be convicted but released on bail? Whats going on here?

It’s plain as day that there was an injunction in place restricting what the media were permitted to report prior to the verdict.

Who applied, and paid for, this injunction ?

That answer will be very interesting ...

There will be dozens, if not hundreds of victims out there that have not been able to come forward due to the fear & embarrassment that these monsters rely on, in order to continue their crimes.
Young lads from working class backgrounds, trying to make it in the professional game, victims to the animals that control their destinies. Imagine being a young lad in that position. It's truly sickening.
I don't care what club it is, justice needs to be served, but you can bet your life that were it Rangers in this position, there would be a Penn State level of investigation & prosecution ongoing. They would demand the end for us & to be honest, if it were us, I'd be too ashamed to fight against any justice served.
Every decent Scot needs to demand that justice is done here. Starting with an investigation & an opportunity for all victims to come forward to report these crimes, anonymously if necessary. These beasts will have destroyed dozens / hundreds of lives & families.
To the lurking journalists that have the opportunity & platform to demand justice , is your moral compass so off & your bias really so bitter, that you will protect these monsters in the interests of CFC ?
What sort of a nation is Scotland becoming ?

A ring.

An organised group of abusers.

A sinister club protecting and shielding those abusers.

A club that re employed a convicted abuser.

A club that paid hush money.

An organisation that has covered up the wide-scale abuse of children.

An organisation that tries to distance itself from the abusers they facilitated and employed.

A club that took boys away on overseas trips to facilitate abuse on American soil.

A club that paid solicitors and parents to cover up and remain silent about abuse in the USA.

A club that will never apologise to the victims of abuse.

A club that will never acknowledge their culpability nor will they pay for their crimes.

A club protected by an evil government.

A club protected by a corrupt FA.

All this in a country that has ignored the largest abuse scandal in world sport.

So sad. I'm thoroughly ashamed of my country.

I can only assume that the medias selective ignorance of this whole dispicable carry on is due to ongoing trials. I have to assume that once it's all said and done the narrative will be turned and the peadophile ring will be brought to the forefront and the club who chose to cover it up shut down.

Although I despise that club for numerous different reasons and so can't imagine why anyone would want to support them never mind play for them, if anything it's even more twisted and horrific that those boys had what was probably their biggest dream taken and twisted and ultimately used as a tool to abuse them.

It was said earlier in the trial
Really!
Unbelievable. Torbett was the owner. How big was this business that they dont know the owner of a shop! (Is it a factory as well that makes the trophys?)
Even then it is not going to be a massive amount of employees.

Surely the police must be able to work out why a paedophile teacher, who was a coach at the same club as another paedophile coach was given a part time job by him!

Back