Former Celtic Boys' Club chairman convicted of sexually abusing children while he was a teacher

It’s plain as day that there was an injunction in place restricting what the media were permitted to report prior to the verdict.

Who applied, and paid for, this injunction ?

That answer will be very interesting ...
Not certain in this case it would need an injunction.

It may actually be if it was reported during the trial he was also a Coach at Celtic Boys Club, as that name is now synonymous with paedophiles, the Judge may have ruled it would have prejudiced the case as currently he was only accused of offences at the school.

I could be talking bollocks though.

"In evidence he admitted taking two pictures, one of four boys in a shower with no clothes on which was later printed in the school magazine with ‘censored’ over their private parts"

FFS!

Were parents OK with this?
My first thought when I read this was castrate the fecker, 2nd was what kind if school let's this happen?

It’s plain as day that there was an injunction in place restricting what the media were permitted to report prior to the verdict.

I suspect it's reporting restrictions imposed and requested by the prosecution as it prevents any association between the cases - not unuusal in criminal trials where connected defendants are being tried separately.

How the f.uck did this Evil Bastard get out on bail while waiting for sentencing.f.ucking disgrace
Precisely. A known and convicted child abuser, freed to live as if nothing happened (for now). No doubt he’ll appeal too.

Hopefully every single victim of these scumbags comes forward, to allow justice to take its path.

Separate Entity FC is fuckin rancid to its rotten core.

You are witnessing a Spotlight cut and paste situation and the Police, media and politicians chose to ignore it - when those in power abandon all sense of morality then such institutions no longer have authority and should not be respected.

The Police will go to great lengths to apprehend a Bluenose who allegedly stood on a sandcastle at a beach, based on the social media say so of an anti Rangers bigot who wasn’t present at the alleged non incident, but turn a blind eye to all of the above.

Delighted that he's been found guilty.

It is beyond all reasonable doubt that there was a full scale paedophile ring in operation at Parkhead.

Only the blind or the wilfully ignorant could say otherwise. The problem is certain sections of the community are turning their blind eye to it and the government are being wilfully ignorant , so it will be left to a journalist or someone in a position of power from outside Scotland to state the blindingly obvious.

It is becoming ever clearer that Celtic Boys Club / St Pat's Separate Entity BC was quite simply at the centre of a paedophile ring.

Why nobody who "knew" about this ever phoned the police is an absolute national scandal.

And our Scottish Government excluding sports clubs and religious bodies from their historic inquiry into these awful events is an even bigger scandal, if that's possible.

Do the right thing, Nikla. Get this properly investigated and get justice for these poor kids who suffered so badly at the hands of those who were supposed to be nurturing them and caring for them.

Is that true mate, religious bodies and sports clubs excluded from the investigation - I’m not doubting you but do u have a link to prove it?

What a disgusting beast. How many convicted paedos at CBC now?

There should be a full investigation here. There must be more paedos unconvicted and victims needing support that have yet to come forward.

Additionally, those who aided and abetted those paedos by keeping their mouths shut also need convicted - be they dead or alive.

Scottish justice system is letting victims down.

The civil remedy known as an injunction in England & Wales is called "interdict" in Scots Law. I very much doubt there was one here, I don't even know if you can interdict the reporting of a criminal trial.

The Court can (on the motion of the Crown, the defence, or on its own motion), and I imagine has, impose reporting restrictions on proceedings until the jury has come to a verdict to ensure that anything published does not influence them when they are deliberating on the evidence led.

Breaching these restrictions is a criminal offence and contempt of court.

The civil remedy known as an injunction in England & Wales is called "interdict" in Scots Law. I very much doubt there was one here, I don't even know if you can interdict the reporting of a criminal trial.

The Court can (on the motion of the Crown, the defence, or on its own motion), and I imagine has, impose reporting restrictions on proceedings until the jury has come to a verdict to ensure that anything published does not influence them when they are deliberating on the evidence led.

Breaching these restrictions is a criminal offence and contempt of court.

You are clearly very knowledgeable on such matters.

I just wish you would post more often.

King worked at the Trophy Centre but said he never knew Torbett

Wait. That almost got past me in amongst everything else.

He worked at the Trophy Centre and claims he didn't know his own boss? Did he say this during the trial? If so, did nobody challenge him? That's an obvious lie.

As I type, I see BBC Scotland at least reporting this and mentioning CBC and Torbett. It must be obvious even to a moron that all these instances of paedophilia are linked

Wait. That almost got past me in amongst everything else.

He worked at the Trophy Centre and claims he didn't know his own boss? Did he say this during the trial? If so, did nobody challenge him? That's an obvious lie.

As I type, I see BBC Scotland at least reporting this and mentioning CBC and Torbett. It must be obvious even to a moron that all these instances of paedophilia are linked
"The good name of the club" must be protected above all else. Clearly all other sins, no matter how grievous, can be absolved.

Don't think he said that mate?

King worked at Torbett’s company, the Trophy Centre, but denied being close to him.

During Torbett’s trial he named King as one of the coaches at the boys’ club.

Perhaps Torbett decided he wasn't taking the rap on his own and decided to throw King under a bus.

Last edited:
Is that true mate, religious bodies and sports clubs excluded from the investigation - I’m not doubting you but do u have a link to prove it?

https://www.childabuseinquiry.scot/faqs/

In the terms of reference you will see that the inquiry only has a remit to examine institutions or organisations who had the permissions to "care" for a child, such as local authorities or some religious bodies who operated residential care homes for children. It does not include a remit to examine cases of abuse where that took place in a private residence or in the child's own home.

By default, therefore, any organised paedophile activities or other abuse that took care in a normal sports club enviroment, or say on a Sunday School or Sports Club away from home trip, would NOT be covered by the inquiry.

In short, the devolved assembly at Holyrood will NOT be investigating the abuse at CBC, nor would they investigate any abuse carrried out by religious organisations, unless those abuses took place in a residential care home run by that religious organisation

So, it isn't true to say that the terms of the inquiry specifically exempt these types of bodies from investigation. They are simply not included, but the effect is exactly the same. They are excluded from the inquiry

I can't find the statement but I recall that maybe last year or the year before that celtic released a statement that was heavily criticised at the time as it asked for abuse victims to come forward to them rather than the police. This was before all the separate entity talk had come out. Why would they want victims from a completely different organisation report it to them ???

I can only assume that the medias selective ignorance of this whole dispicable carry on is due to ongoing trials. I have to assume that once it's all said and done the narrative will be turned and the peadophile ring will be brought to the forefront and the club who chose to cover it up shut down.
While I agree with the sentiments, how can the club be shut down?
It is a company owned by shareholders. Who has the power to shut it down? I think we are relying on Tim's discovering their own moral compass, or integrity and refuse to fund this rancid organisation.
That's just not going to happen, cause their hatred of us has no equal.

Living in England though it's far from perfect does make me grateful that for all of it's failings we don't have a government willing to turn a blind eye to the actions of a football club just to win elections

Unbelievable.
Clearly a paedophile ring in operation. Yet if you want the authorities to investigate they call it cheap point scoring

Maybe they have investigated.

You can't force victims to speak up and they probably won't.

Many of the victims will have moved on in their life and don't want to go over it all again, especially so publicly. Some won't because of the fear of reprisals from those at the head of the ring. Some will have families of their own and don't want to bring them into it.

Its not just as simple as we'd like it to be.

But with a few convictions linked to Celtc now, all since the Savile scandal burst and child abuse came into focus, I think we all know there has been a lot more to it.

Clearly as well the authorities are acting on it. Witnesses, team mates and others involved will have been spoken to. Maybe that's how some of the convictions have come about. But it's not an easy issue to force.

Living in England though it's far from perfect does make me grateful that for all of it's failings we don't have a government willing to turn a blind eye to the actions of a football club just to win elections

The English government is far worse than even Celtic are when it comes to child abuse, the major parties would have been disbanded long ago if the truth came out about what went on behind closed doors decades ago.

Same person who supplied them and other VIP’s across Britain kids was pictured with Kelly/Stein and was pals with VIP Scottish paedos linked to Celtic.

Full circle.

Why did all the paedos get drawn to that club like moths to a flame ? The club needs investigated and delt with.

There is a much bigger question concerning who at Celtic FC approved Torbett’s return, and more important why?

How far up the club hierarchy did the abuse go?

These are the questions any two bob hack would be probing.

Well he's a fūcking liar.
That's him far left, and Torbet in the middle

king2.jpg

And the other beast Cairney on the right

Another CBC bheast found guilty of abusing innocent boys

Another disgrace if the mhedia refuse to join the paedo ring dots

Spot on. There was a photo of King, Torbett and Cairney with their CBC team on one of the threads yesterday. It was the first time I'd seen it.
Glaringly obvious now that there was a paedophile ring operating. Just a question as to who else were involved. These chumps are the fall guys for the bigger fish in my opinion.

edit. the photo's on the post above.

Well he's a fūcking liar.
That's him far left, and Torbet in the middle

king2.jpg

And the other beast Cairney on the right

Must be one of the biggest humiliations in football. A club that can’t publish a proper photo of historic successes of their youth team. Here we have a photo a team winning a trophy but the picture can’t be published with the faces of any of the players shown.

Remind the tim in your life of this next time he starts his Sevco pish

Back