Fort William FC - poor results and deer on the pitch

I saw the Highland league table the other day, why has any team got a goal difference of 200+ is the Highland league that pish?

I saw the Highland league table the other day, why has any team got a goal difference of 200+ is the Highland league that pish?

Massive gulf in class from top to bottom. You've got teams at the top such as Cove with a bit of money who would compete in League Two all the way down to Fort William who are no more than an amateur side.

They had a delay before kick off a couple weeks ago. The opposition arrived and went for a stroll on the pitch only to find it covered in deer shit :eek::))

The locals were advised, arrived promptly and made a pooper scooper job of sorting it. An official complaint was made though :D

They had a delay before kick off a couple weeks ago. The opposition arrived and went for a stroll on the pitch only to find it covered in deer shit :eek::))

The locals were advised, arrived promptly and made a pooper scooper job of sorting it. An official complaint was made though :D

Was it Cove that complained, by any chance?

I played 1 game for them a few years back, they went on to have a really good season think they finished 13th or something which was remarkable for them!!

Massive gulf in class from top to bottom. You've got teams at the top such as Cove with a bit of money who would compete in League Two all the way down to Fort William who are no more than an amateur side.

True just a shame they have no interest in entering via the pyramid due the costs of travel although think East Kilbride are trying to make a push

Is it deer to get in?
bjihkg.jpg

Just seen the table, how does a team manage to get points deducted three times for fielding an ineligible player?

The ineligible player played three times so they deducted three points for each game. I could see the point of doing this if they'd won every game but they didnt, mental.

The Highland League hierarchy have a history of daft decisions though, Elgin City moved a game with Forres to a Friday in 1992/93 and two players avoided suspension in a game which was a title decider. The League bosses judged that rather deducting the three points, which wouldnt have made a difference, they decided to not have any champions that season. Not only is that unfair on Elgin, its unfair on Cove who ended up second. You surely have to have a champion?

Latest posts

Back