Fort William win !!

They took 8/9 players on loan from ICTFC so was always going to happen. They’ve done very well out of this situation though so fair play to them.

I was at Claggan Park where Fort William play their home games on Saturday for the Ben Nevis race the one thing I noticed was the severe lack of Rangers tops several scum tops visible but none of ours

There are some absolutely awful teams in the Highland League this year.

7 or 8 games played and there are six teams with four points or fewer.

There are some absolutely awful teams in the Highland League this year.

7 or 8 games played and there are six teams with four points or fewer.
Seen one of them last night. Turriff United looked like a very young team who will probably struggle this season. In saying that, they only lost 1-0 to one of the higher end teams, Formartine United. A mix of awful finishing, good goalkeeping and a bit of luck helped Turriff though they were perhaps unlucky not to get an equaliser with virtually the last kick of the ball.

Situated in the biggest town, you'd think clach should be able to have the pick of the players in that league. Money talks I suppose!

To be fair , Clach couldn't get a team together and had to play with only a goalie , but he got sent off atfer 10 minutes...

To be fair , Clach couldn't get a team together and had to play with only a goalie , but she got sent off atfer 10 minutes...

Fixed for you

Well done, Fort William.
My heart went out to them last season
going from one hammering to the next.
It must have been really depressing for everybody.

I was at Claggan Park where Fort William play their home games on Saturday for the Ben Nevis race the one thing I noticed was the severe lack of Rangers tops several scum tops visible but none of ours
To be fair, our fans own other clothes. Their lot don’t seem to.

Any talk of entering a tier below the Highland and Lowland leagues to further the pyramid system? Absolutely no point in teams playing a season, finishing bottom, and going again the next season in the same division. Means there is nothing to play for unless you are challenging at the top. Would love to see a full pyramid system in place.

Any talk of entering a tier below the Highland and Lowland leagues to further the pyramid system? Absolutely no point in teams playing a season, finishing bottom, and going again the next season in the same division. Means there is nothing to play for unless you are challenging at the top. Would love to see a full pyramid system in place.
East of Scotland and South of Scotland is below Lowland. Kelty, last year, and Bonnyrigg Rose, this year, have came up from it. Both are near the top of the league and the trend will probably continue as the EoS Juniors filter up over the next years.

Highland League is still standalone. Cove's place is still yet to be replaced. Inverness tried to put a colts team in, but, were rejected, hence, all the loans to Fort William. Was surprised Banks o' Dee didn't go in for it, as the league no longer has an Aberdeen City team and they are comfortably the best Junior team in the north.

East of Scotland is below Lowland. Kelty, last year, and Bonnyrigg Rose, this year, have came up from it. Both are near the top of the league and the trend will probably continue as the EoS Juniors filter up over the next years.

Highland League is still standalone. Cove's place is still yet to be replaced. Inverness tried to put a colts team in, but, were rejected, hence, all the loans to Fort William. Was surprised Banks o' Dee didn't go in for it, as the league no longer has an Aberdeen City team and they are comfortably the best Junior team in the north.
The league below the Highland League is the North Caledonian League, but there's no promotion/relegation between the two leagues.

I'm sure there's also an equivalent of the NCL for Aberdeenshire teams, but I'm not sure what it is.

Not that Aberdonian teams should be in the *Highland* League, but that's for another day...

East of Scotland is below Lowland. Kelty, last year, and Bonnyrigg Rose, this year, have came up from it. Both are near the top of the league and the trend will probably continue as the EoS Juniors filter up over the next years.

Is there not a Northern Junior league that can slide in below the Highland League? The SFA should just get tough and say to teams that this is the pyramid and this is how it works now. For too long some teams were holding everything back because they didn't want to become senior.

Back