Foster Gillet wants to buy a controlling stake in Hearts

Blue Tack

On BBC national news ,son of George who owns liverpool

Budge says now isnt the time to sell ...

BBC Scotland has learned Hearts have knocked back an approach by US businessman Foster Gillett who wants to buy a controlling interest in the club. He’s the son of former Liverpool owner, George Gillett. Contact was made last week.

Would be a kick in the teeth for Hearts fans Having raised £10m to put it into fan ownership to realise all they have done is find the losses and Craig Leveins salary over the last few years.

On BBC national news ,son of George who owns liverpool

Budge says now isnt the time to sell ...

BBC Scotland has learned Hearts have knocked back an approach by US businessman Foster Gillett who wants to buy a controlling interest in the club. He’s the son of former Liverpool owner, George Gillett. Contact was made last week.

Used to own Liverpool, he was a disaster of an owner and nearly ran them into the ground.

Would be great for the league if 2 or 3 clubs could get decent investment. I am someone who hates the fact that the league has only been won by 2 clubs for 30 years. It would be great if there were 3 or 4 clubs who could genuinely win the league

That could turn out to be a rash decision.

giphy.gif

Would be great for the league if 2 or 3 clubs could get decent investment. I am someone who hates the fact that the league has only been won by 2 clubs for 30 years. It would be great if there were 3 or 4 clubs who could genuinely win the league
Totally ageee with you, it’s competition that’s missing from Scottish football......I’d go further and would love to see the smaller regional teams band together as one team using all of their investors to pour all of the money into one new team......two divisions only

Seems like an opportune time for a takeover right enough, with every chance the club is about to be mothballed for 6 months.

Odd.

Getting a bit suspicious of these Americans moving into scottish football, unless they know something we don't.

Who was the chairman that mentioned cross border leagues?

I genuinely don't believe that it's only possible through pure financial muscle.

If Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and even Dundee United invested heavily (relatively obv) in their scouting, data analysis and youth setups, they'd perform significantly better than they do by signing the best jobbers that they can afford.

Why would anyone invest in Hearts right now?
Surely he’s looking at the situation and thinking he could sell off the land and build some lovely big flats

It's Pen Jillette these sheep******rs'll need.

NB: A slight aside, but there's an interesting story in Debbie Harry's book about old Pen and a jacuzzi btw.

Getting a bit suspicious of these Americans moving into scottish football, unless they know something we don't.

Who was the chairman that mentioned cross border leagues?
Correct, they are not here for the romance of the game. Something is afoot here. They may even start working together to take over our game. Not that it’ll make much difference

cormack at aberdeen
guy at hibs
ogden Dundee united
nelms Dundee

all in past couple of years iirc

any more?

Back