Fouls per Card stats

FortressVillage

Anyone got updated stats of how many fouls each team commits per yellow card received?

The official seem very quick to reach for cards where our players are concerned, I'd like to see if the stats back it up

Last night and saturday v Hearts was shocking

At least 2 jersey pulls and a chop on Barasic and various other fouls.

I said it during the game about the various jersey pulls + fouls, the playing of advantage did not work in our favour. The ref should have given the foul and booked a Hibs player. Instead the advantage 'glossed' over the foul and they were allowed to commit another one.

Live Score has celtic at 17 fouls and 1 yellow card last night.

Sky Sports has the same with Aberdeen 11 fouls 2 yellows.

Last night we were 14 fouls 3 yellow, Hibs 15 fouls 2 yellow.

There was a lengthy thread before, I’m not convinced they Pie and bovril stats above are accurate.

There was a lengthy thread before, I’m not convinced they Pie and bovril stats above are accurate.
P+B stats are for the season not last night.

It's worse than just the statistics above.

The ref's seem to be deliberately not booking players against us in the first half especially, allowing them to continue to foul and disrupt play. Whereas our guys are cautioned (defenders most prominently) as soon as they can get the book out, for often innocuous or even completely fair challenges. Also, giving opposition free kicks for anything and everything, especially in our half. Players just throw themselves to the ground knowing they will get the decision.

It's been a pattern for far too long and for too many games, with too many referees to be coincidence. I'd say I started noticing it start of last season or thereabouts. Before that, there were terrible refereeing performances (as we know) but they were getting way too much heat and scrutiny. So, to me the tactics and game plan has changed in an attempt to be more subtle. Knowing that these little influences wil eventually be the difference in our dropping points throughout the season.

An independent analysis comparing our games to theirs (because they are the only comparison given the amount of time spent attacking, possession etc) and how the games are refereed would make interesting and very damning reading I'd say.

Knowing you can get away with things almost twice as many times as your opponents allows you to pull stunts like this.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Two of our yellows last night were blatant ones (Borna and goldson). Doesn’t matter if they were first fouls or not both blatant Cannae mind the third. That Jasper though continually fouled and should’ve been booked. Also how many pull backs on our players did the ref let go then not book them? Every other time it’s an auto yello

Does this include only fouls acknowledged by officials because if it does then the real numbers will be more extreme?

Hibs had 2 cards from 15 fouls last night, so 7.5 fouls per card. Well above their season average. How Jasper in particular avoided a yellow will remain one of the great mysteries of our time!
He shouldn't be on the park by the end. When tav fouled him I was screaming inside the boy should have been off for his multitude of bookable offences.

Does this include only fouls acknowledged by officials because if it does then the real numbers will be more extreme?
Indeed it's obviously for fouls given by the officials and ignores the amount of fouls ignored like the one on Jack for instance.

Back