Founders trail and Ibrox tour

Maxziggy

Myself and the old man done the founders trail and Ibrox tour yesterday. If you’ve not done it, get it booked, a thoroughly enjoyable day. Lots of info to take in. You couldn’t have planned what happened when we made our way through to Patrick. Check out the picture , needless to say, the whole bus were waving and cheering.

The Ibrox tour was great, some great info from our tour guide, his name escapes me, old guy with a wealth of knowledge. 1 interesting fact I never knew before visiting, the wood in the home dressing room and up the marble staircase, was from john browns shipyard, fitted by jbe joiners. 1 worrying fact regarding craig whyte, apparently he was spotted photographing items in the trophy room for sale. Unbelievable.

We also were greeted by the presence of the guy who drapes himself in the tricolour flag in Buchanan street, I’m sure he’s in the jakey thread, to be fair to him, he looked at the bus, seen the founders trail banner and rfc sign at the front, and just smiled.

As I said, if you’ve not done it, it’s a great day out

Last edited:
Was on it yesterday as well mate. Would thoroughly recommend it to every bear. I thought he would be talking from time to time in the bus but it was him stop really with facts and figures as well as loads of information. One thing I couldn't believe aside from Rangers related stuff was that train station on Bridge Street how grand it looked and it was just pulled down. Yeah couldn't have scripted the parade passing by us haha

Did the Ibrox tour yesterday morning.Our guides name was Norman.Liked his quip about the panels and hooks in the away dressing room being from b&q.I never knew that the pic of the queen above the door was from Terry Butcher.You could spend ages in the trophy room...my old man loved it...founders trails next on the list.

Did the Ibrox tour yesterday morning.Our guides name was Norman.Liked his quip about the panels and hooks in the away dressing room being from b&q.I never knew that the pic of the queen above the door was from Terry Butcher.You could spend ages in the trophy room...my old man loved it...founders trails next on the list.
Norman, that’s his name, they split us into 2 groups, with half going with Norman, the other half with a lassie. It’s just a small thing, but it bugged me she was chewing gum, looked unprofessional. Our stadium truly is some place to visit, just imagine that was your workplace.....

Back