Kamberi

Jones and barker have played in the league but done nothing really. Stewart gave a decent return for the amount he actually played.

Stewart did very well at Ibrox against the deep lying defensive teams, as he had the craft to open them up.

Unfortunately, a lot of people judge him on his last appearance for us, when he had to play through the middle at Tynecastle, after Morelos left us in the shite.

He's not a striker and certainly a far better option than Jones or Barker against defensive teams.

Kamberi really isn't much better than Hibs level. How did they fare without him after January. Probably never missed him one bit.

I don’t think you can always judge a player simply based on that. Systems, attitude, personal situation, the players around him and coaching can also make a player a failure or success, not simply down to ability. See Pukki at Septic or even Charlie Adam for the career he has managed to have consistently at a much higher level then when he was at us.

Even though one of them was our top goalscorer in the league and has the best goals to minutes ratio in the country, while the other has never scored more than 11 in a season?

One is a proven goalscorer, the other isn't, irrespective of age.

Defoe is a better finisher and looks to be a clever player in and around the box but when it comes to physical games or where is there is space to exploit, Defoe seemed to struggle. When it comes to changing a game off the bench, I think Kamberi would be the better option.

Defoe is a better finisher and looks to be a clever player in and around the box but when it comes to physical games or where is there is space to exploit, Defoe seemed to struggle. When it comes to changing a game off the bench, I think Kamberi would be the better option.

I certainly don't think Defoe is the best option in every game and I certainly don't want him as our number 1 striker.

However, I feel there are better options for us rather than Kamberi within that price range mate.

He had a very positive impact on a number of occasions when joining and at times I thought had done enough to start ahead of Morelos who was looking totally disinterested by that point.

I think he's done enough to be considered for next season, although I guess that might depend on whether or not we plan to change our setup and tactics.

Florian Kamberi - a decent enough player and could do a job for us.
Lyndon Dykes - a decent enough player and could do a job for us.
Lewis Ferguson - a decent enough player and could do a job for us.
Graeme Shinnie - a decent enough player and could do a job for us.

The question here is - will any of these SPFL standard players give us a strong enough cutting edge to win back the league title ?

Personally, I don't see it myself and if we;re going to top the table next May we need to broaden our horizons and try to sign players of a higher calibre than those we're currently being linked with.

I think with a bit of coaching he could be a great option, if it's a decent price I would take a punt on him.
Nowhere close to what is required. I really do despair at some of our fans ideas of a player !

The question here is - will any of these SPFL standard players give us a strong enough cutting edge to win back the league title ?

Personally, I don't see it myself and if we;re going to top the table next May we need to broaden our horizons and try to sign players of a higher calibre than those we're currently being linked with.
Now, I’m not convinced myself but we could have said the same about the below......

Steven Naismith - a decent enough player and could do a job for us.
Kris Boyd - a decent enough player and could do a job for us.
Kevin Thomson - a decent enough player and could do a job for us.
Aluko - a decent enough player and could do a job for us.
Novo - a decent enough player and could do a job for us.

you know where I’m going....

We need some top quality, first XI signings for next season, but we also need some strength in depth and we definitely need players who have experience of Scottish football. Based on what we've seen from him, I think he's worth a punt as part of that latter category.

Like @Number Six says, every successful Rangers side has had a mix of "superstars" and those players who are much less glamorous, more workmanlike, who go on to be crucial for us. Every signing is a gamble though.

We have a very limited budget (in comparison to other big clubs) so we need to take chances on players who have done well in Scotland; we've had hundreds who've succeeded.

We've also had countless expensive foreign failures.

I like Florian Kamberi and reckon he would be a useful asset for the right price a bit like andrius velicka was at the time under Smith, no doubt tho we need another striker of real quality to make a difference, hopefully vydra

I agree with your assessments bar the one on Lewis Ferguson I feel he has the attributes and ability to play at a much higher level he is vey young and will improve a lot in next couple of seasons especially in a better team I think there is a similarity with his namesake Iain who was a mainstay in our 9 in a row teams I think if we don’t sign him we may regret it in the not too distant future

We won’t win nothing with Florian Kamberi types up front.

I’m happy the management don’t look to be taking up any options on him

Nowhere close to what is required. I really do despair at some of our fans ideas of a player !
He hardly put a foot wrong in his time here and changed the game numerous times, particularly against Braga and even Leverkusen he done well when he came on. You'll have a hard time finding a player better than him who's cheaper and willing to sit on the bench for Alfie's replacement.

He hardly put a foot wrong in his time here and changed the game numerous times, particularly against Braga and even Leverkusen he done well when he came on. You'll have a hard time finding a player better than him who's cheaper and willing to sit on the bench for Alfie's replacement.

we should not aspire to find players happy to sit on the bench.

I think Kamberi is a far better player than some on here give him credit for. I also think he could be a very useful squad player for us. Knows the Premiership and knows how to play it well - we could do worse.

The issue we have is dealing with Hibs. Likely they will want unreasonable money. However, Kamberi hasn't done much to endear himself to the Hibs support so Hibs certainly would be better off letting him go and as I said, if the money is good I would take him. A few good performances for us and even in some cases changed the game completely when he came on.

He did well in his short spell but wouldn’t break the bank to get him
I feel the same. He’d be okay as 4th choice but not a first team regular. A lot depends on Alfredo’s status. Personally I’d be willing to offload him or Greg Stewart, along with Barker to finance a player who would challenge Defoe as back up striker

Back