Framing your jersey (DIY)

Paulie Walnuts

I have been thinking about framing this years jersey but instead of paying over the odds, thought I'd try and do it myself.

Looked online and a lot of the framing options are pretty expensive so surely there must be a much cheaper way of doing it (cheapskate? Perhaps. But with all the 55 party essentials to be bought, every penny's a prisoner!!) :))

Has anyone done this themselves and was it relatively easy?

I was hoping to leave a space under the jersey to insert a couple of photos (preferably the wee one and myself holding the trophy at Ibrox once allowed).
Any tips on which types of frames etc to buy would be welcome.

I have been thinking about framing this years jersey but instead of paying over the odds, thought I'd try and do it myself.

Looked online and a lot of the framing options are pretty expensive so surely there must be a much cheaper way of doing it (cheapskate? Perhaps. But with all the 55 party essentials to be bought, every penny's a prisoner!!) :))

I was hoping to leave a space under the jersey to insert a couple of photos (preferably the wee one and myself holding the trophy at Ibrox once allowed).
Went down the route of plastic modern frames the lit it up from behind with LED tape all cables hidden . But frame was expensive .

There are DIY kits on Ebay. Can't really comment on how good they are but my wife got me the 2002/3 Treble winners orange kit signed.

She framed herself using card and a backing paper, blue tac pins all sorts.

I was happy with it and thought looked good.
But eventually it sagged and creased.

A few years back I took the plunge and got framed professionally. They even put an engraved bit at the bottom saying what it is.

It is night and day compared to what it was like.

I would save and get it done properly mate.
Just my opinion.

My view is if its a normal top and you don't wish to preserve its value long term then do it yourself.

If you have a top that is signed, match worn, special to you etc then go and get it done professionally by someone who doesn't use glue, staples etc and uses proper curator/gallery standard UV resistant plex/glass. It may be expensive but its worth paying a lot of money if the shirt is worth a lot of money.

Not sure how much your looking to pay but I got this one and framed a couple of shirts myself and it was really easy.

Found their website with more variety

This is what youre after, i have four and my mates have bought as well. Easy to fit and a very professional finish.

This is what youre after, i have four and my mates have bought as well. Easy to fit and a very professional finish.
@West Enclosure Bear you can also buy this with a frame for a photo integrated.

Back