Fran Sandaza - It was a bad choice to go to that club; the worst club of my career

Bonnyloyal

“It has been a long time and, looking back, I can say it (leaving Rangers) was the best thing that happened for me,” Sandaza told Courier Sport. “I scored a lot of goals back in Spain, won a promotion to La Liga and made very good contacts.

“I think this all happened for a reason.

“It was not the best goodbye to Scotland but leaving that club was the best thing for me. With my career over I can say it was a bad decision to sign for Rangers. That is for sure.

“When I was in the lower divisions, my mentality was not the best. I knew right away that it was not right.

“The only bad experience in Scotland was Rangers. It was a bad choice to go to that club; the worst club of my career.”

A poor signing but we as a club, or rather the dodgy snake that is Charles Green treated him badly in order to cancel his deal from my recollection, little wonder there's bitterness. As a club we jumped at the opportunity to get rid without a pay off, where if he was a better player that wouldn't have happened.

He was also a player made worse by McCoist, like quite a few others.

Before anyone has a go, we were ran very differently then top to bottom.

Last edited:
Bojack_Horseman_character.png

A poor signing but we as a club treated him really badly in order to cancel his deal from my recollection, little wonder there's bitterness. As a club we jumped at the opportunity to get rid without a pay off, where if he was a better player that wouldn't have happened.
Poor soul.
Yes, we should have accepted him going behind our backs to get a move.
We really treated him badly, so we did.

He made a few snide comments when a previous deal fell through

He wasn't the type of player we needed at that time - or any time - but was an ex-SPL player. That was good enough for the management

Lets be honest here, he is hardly going to get any after dinner speaking events for Rangers supporters.

This comment however, will ensure the backwards teuchters who like Dundee United will give him a standing ovation when he turns up for the next fish and chips special, guy must be getting skint :))

Interesting note about Sandaza the article doesn’t mention:
‘Toward the end of the 2011–12 season, Sandaza was banned from driving after admitting to being more than twice the legal limit when he was caught driving the wrong way down a one-way street in Perth. After initially letting him go, police became concerned about the way he drove off and pulled him over again a short time later to perform a breathalyzer test. At Perth Sheriff Court, Sandaza was given a 16-month driving ban and fined £550.‘
But obviously doesn’t suit the narrative of that article.

A poor signing but we as a club treated him really badly in order to cancel his deal from my recollection, little wonder there's bitterness. As a club we jumped at the opportunity to get rid without a pay off, where if he was a better player that wouldn't have happened.
That's nonsense mate. Although it suited us & we took the chance instantly, he was an overpaid player breaching his overpaid contract going behind our back with no thought for our wellbeing so f#ck him. Strange take.

He was a terrible signing and pretty useless. I have to say his sacking by Green though for doing an interview with a wind up merchant was also a low.

Rangers launch probe into striker who admitted he's only there 'for the money' after being duped in incredible 23-minute call with prankster cabbie (who just happens to be a Celtic supporter!)​

Rangers have launched an investigation into the conduct of Francisco Sandaza after the striker was tricked by a Glasgow taxi driver into admitting he only moved to Ibrox for the money.

In a phone conversation, which was recorded for 23 minutes, Sandaza revealed details of his salary to a cabbie named Tommy, who was posing as a Los Angeles-based agent. The taxi driver is a known prankster, who has duped footballers before.

The Spaniard also complains at the standard of football in Division Three claiming: 'I didn’t sign for the level, I signed for the money. I’ll get another contract after Rangers.'

In retrospect, we are doing the horse that falls over the beach ball a disservice comparing it to this twat.

“It has been a long time and, looking back, I can say it (leaving Rangers) was the best thing that happened for me,” Sandaza told Courier Sport. “I scored a lot of goals back in Spain, won a promotion to La Liga and made very good contacts.

“I think this all happened for a reason.

“It was not the best goodbye to Scotland but leaving that club was the best thing for me. With my career over I can say it was a bad decision to sign for Rangers. That is for sure.

“When I was in the lower divisions, my mentality was not the best. I knew right away that it was not right.

“The only bad experience in Scotland was Rangers. It was a bad choice to go to that club; the worst club of my career.”

He was shite in a shite team

He really wasn’t what we needed at the time, and we weren’t what he needed either.

We had a manager that valued “experience” over all else though and the player wasn’t shy to sign the contract for the salary on offer.

Back