World Cup 2022 France v Poland, England v Senegal - Sunday 4th

What wouldn’t I give to see Scotland romping into the last 8 of a World Cup and scoring for fun along the way.

I still think England will come up short of winning it, but I said before a ball was kicked that they’d go deep into the tournament (last 8 at least I said)

Should be an absolute cracker when they come up against France. If they win that tie, they may end up doing the unthinkable :eek:

Realistically England have a good chance of winning it. It is a damn fine thing too that I rarely watch TV nor buy newspapers.

I want England to do well, but play as they did in that first half tonight, and France will destroy them.

Too many on this forum seem to take great pride in hoping England lose in this WC. No doubt some of them are closet SNP followers too. I personally hope England go as far as they can as they are representing the United Kingdom. France will pose more serious problems next weekend of that there is no doubt but if England can get through the quarter final tie then I believe there is every chance they can realistically reach the final.

They aren’t representing the United Kingdom.

They are representing England.

And if you have lounge access, you’ll know I’m not a nat.

Win the next one and England are definitely in the mix for winning it. I think France will be a different kettle of fish to Senegal though.
Probably Portugal/Spain in the semi from that side of the draw for whoever wins so you could easily see the winner of that game reach the final imo.

You don't see the irony in your post do you ;)

Also I'm actually supporting England as my Mum is English just think France will have too much for them
I don't see irony at all, sarcasm, yes. Same as messi getting it, just before he scores. Can set your watch by it.

It's a one off game and very hard to call. England are a young team and if they put france out, they'll be favourites for me, with maybe Brazil stopping them, although I'm not sold on them either.

Probably Portugal/Spain in the semi from that side of the draw for whoever wins so you could easily see the winner of that game reach the final imo.

IIRC when Neville and Carragher did their pre-tournament predictions, they both had them going out to Portugal in the semi.

This France game is huge for Southgate. Germany aside (and let's be honest, the last few years have been dire for the German national side), he has yet to beat a proper elite side in knock-out football.

France should have too much going forward. All the talk will be around Mbappe but they'll really struggle with Griezmann's movement.

Honestly can’t wait for this World Cup to end. Seriously can’t get into it cos it’s winter

World cups are all about beer gardens and no uni work . Being on holiday during it and not having the sun set and be freezing before the first game ends . Seriously hope fifa necer has a winter World Cup agsin but since the Arab countries can’t host it in winter and have the money fifa want it will happen

The only good thing if England won the world cup would be we wouldnt have to hear about how the women did what the men couldnt anymore.

Reactions: VGM
France should beat England as they have the better team and are technically far superior, but then again, this has been a fairly unpredictable WC

Back