World Cup 2022 France v Poland, England v Senegal - Sunday 4th

IIRC when Neville and Carragher did their pre-tournament predictions, they both had them going out to Portugal in the semi.

This France game is huge for Southgate. Germany aside (and let's be honest, the last few years have been dire for the German national side), he has yet to beat a proper elite side in knock-out football.

France should have too much going forward. All the talk will be around Mbappe but they'll really struggle with Griezmann's movement.
Got to say, I was impressed by griezmann today.Done a power of work. It's one of those games where neither team can have a dip in form.

I honestly can't call it.

The big provo Rice giving it big licks there.

Can’t stand the prick.

Totally dismissive of us too.

Apparently they’d have 100% won the EL
If they hadn’t had a man sent off in the semi against Frankfurt.

Won’t stop half this forum licking his arse though.

Can’t stand the prick.

Totally dismissive of us too.

Apparently they’d have 100% won the EL
If they hadn’t had a man sent off in the semi against Frankfurt.

Won’t stop half this forum licking his arse though.

Rice is an utter fanny. Won't go much further than West Ham either.

Reactions: VGM
Hoping England will beat France, if not....it would be no disgrace losing to the current World Champions.
I will add we haven't scored a penalty or from a corner yet :)

Hope France smash england . Can’t think of a lot worse than that lot winning a cup , well maybe Ireland
The tims winning the league would be worse than England winning the WC, even 9 points behind and expecting it.

I used to feel that way about England but I hate the Indy crew more and England winning it would crush them.

No rooting for it but can definitely live and thrive with it if it happens.

Anyone any idea what the family issue that Raheem Sterling is going home for?
Feel for the guy because it’s almost certainly his last World Cup.

Having said that, it’s possible that it may work in England’s favour from a football perspective as Saka seems to be growing more and more into the role.

France should beat England as they have the better team and are technically far superior, but then again, this has been a fairly unpredictable WC
Man for Man it would be interesting to see how many would pick the Frenchman over the Englishman?

I’m not too sure there is much between the starting XIs tbh

Yep City or Newcastle have the megabucks. Hope he doesn't go to City though. BVB must be sick of the EPL
Gundogan is moving back to Germany , a midfield spot is opening up at City, BVB want him back, swap deal with the Germans getting Gundo, 500k and a big of trackies

Having said that, it’s possible that it may work in England’s favour from a football perspective as Saka seems to be growing more and more into the role.
House was robbed with his family inside.

We now know the reason Raheem Sterling was missing for England tonight. Armed intruders broke into his home in the UK while his family were there.

Naturally concerned for the well-being of his children, he is returning home. The BBC have been told there will be the opportunity for Sterling to return should circumstances be right and allow it.

Given France, Brazil and Argentina have all lost against teams who are now away home then I don’t think England should be written off.
France made 9 changes in the match v Tunisia..Argentina had a good goal chopped off that would have it made it 2-0..shadow boxing as I said..no one is writing England off but they now have serious opposition..

CBE324-A1-BEE1-4607-A1-BE-3-C5-A314-D8-FF0.jpg

This Scot is comfortable with the idea of England winning the World Cup.

I’m looking forward to England vs France, I think it’ll be a cracking game. Could go either way, but obviously France will be favourites.
Betfair have it priced up

France 11/8
England 21/10
Draw 2/1

Too many on this forum seem to take great pride in hoping England lose in this WC. No doubt some of them are closet SNP followers too. I personally hope England go as far as they can as they are representing the United Kingdom. France will pose more serious problems next weekend of that there is no doubt but if England can get through the quarter final tie then I believe there is every chance they can realistically reach the final.

I'm no SNP supporter, but I personally hope they get fuk'd every time they take the field, in every sport they play, bar maybe cricket.

They're not representing the UK, and they're our oldest rivals. I think this is the opinion of most Scots.

And I think France will take them apart.

My prediction is
England 1 up v France, a very late goal by the French, extra time and penalties. France through on penalties ;)

The Scots are getting nervous :D
Not me. England are doing what they usually do - sweeping aside cannon fodder and getting wildly ahead of themselves.

First time they meet a decent team - which will be France, they’ll be given a lesson.

English arrogance always ends in tears.

England have been relatively fortunate under Southgate in terms of their tournament draws.

This time, though, France and potentially Spain or Portugal await - they’ll really deserve to be finalists if they get through that.

I always think England have at least one big performance in them. Three in quick succession? I’m not so sure.

But they’re scoring goals.

England looked pretty good today but I suspect that Saturday will see the end of their journey. Hopefully not though because I really don't want France to win this.

England looked pretty good today but I suspect that Saturday will see the end of their journey. Hopefully not though because I really don't want France to win this.
I saw a bit of the England game at work and until they scored it was a slow laboured performance. There was a lot of loose passing at the back and if they do that against France they’ll get punished.

That aside, I think the French will be far too strong for them either way.

Last edited:
I'm no SNP supporter, but I personally hope they get fuk'd every time they take the field, in every sport they play, bar maybe cricket.

They're not representing the UK, and they're our oldest rivals. I think this is the opinion of most Scots.

And I think France will take them apart.

Minus a million staunch points.

I hope Dame Vera Lynn haunts you in your sleep.

England can be devastating going forward. Going to be some match v France. Mbappe will no doubt be the difference. Difficult to see how they stop him. Walker was done for pace on a couple of occasions last night, which doesn't bode well.

Back