Euro 2020 France v Switzerland - ITV 20:00

But they’re English? Welsh tv will be covering the Wales stuff. You think the Spanish tv are talking about England as well? It’s the English media. Really don’t know why it winds Scottish folk up so much
Plain and simply because this country is obsessed with hating the English more than caring about setting it’s own standards higher.

It’s basically the mindset of a mid-table SPFL side. Absolutely fck all to get excited about in your own team’s performance and content just not getting relegated. Only ever getting hyped when it’s something like getting a vote on whether Rangers get to stay in the top-flight. At which point it literally becomes more important to see them damaged than your own team survive.

It’s very sad in all honesty and little wonder the SFA11 are such relentless underachievers across generations.

There was a chart on here before the tournament kicked off showing the leagues each player from each team played in. Doesn’t help that I wouldn’t know where to find it though
Twelve of the twenty six man Swiss squad play in the German Bundesliga. There are ninety two players in all the twenty six player squads combined playing in Germany.

Fußball, verdammte hölle!

What an incredible comeback by the Swiss. Doing so well then blowing the killer chance with the pen and quickly losing two goals seemed to end it. Then Pogba scored that third and it was done, they were done.

Except not really.

Stunning stuff and while Im tempted to say their aged side will run out of gas vs Spain, who knows...

Today's games have the feel of Watford vs Brighton and Motherwell vs Kilmarnock after yesterday.

Can't quite work myself up for it.
England vs Germany is a clash of titans and will be superb.

Sweden Ukraine might not have that glamour but its very, very close and you can expect both teams to have a go so should be entertaining.

Always feel sorry for the guy who misses. Was watching the Denmark v Holland semi highlights on YouTube, the year Denmark won, and it went to penalties...only one person missed, Marco Van Basten. Happens to the best.
Baggio missed in the final after virtually single-handedly getting his team there. Socrates and Platini—two of the best midfielders there’s been—both missed in the shot-out that decided that epic quarter final at the ‘86 World Cup. At least players like that won’t be mainly remembered for missing.

Someone mentioned there a lot of Bundesliga players in the tournament...that includes the Swiss hero keeper who plays for Gladbach.
4 Gladbach players played last night with a 5th one on the bench. Oh and Xhaka is ex Gladbach.
They are my local team here in Germany. Sometimes they are amazing to watch. Were 0-2 down at home to Bayern at half time last season but came back to win 3-2.

VFL !

Last edited:
Plain and simply because this country is obsessed with hating the English more than caring about setting it’s own standards higher.

It’s basically the mindset of a mid-table SPFL side. Absolutely fck all to get excited about in your own team’s performance and content just not getting relegated. Only ever getting hyped when it’s something like getting a vote on whether Rangers get to stay in the top-flight. At which point it literally becomes more important to see them damaged than your own team survive.

It’s very sad in all honesty and little wonder the SFA11 are such relentless underachievers across generations.
Another way to view the Haggis Bashers, is the Scums Hatred of anything Rangers and their Scum Team comes way down the list of priorities.

Fußball, verdammte hölle!

What an incredible comeback by the Swiss. Doing so well then blowing the killer chance with the pen and quickly losing two goals seemed to end it. Then Pogba scored that third and it was done, they were done.

Except not really.

Stunning stuff and while Im tempted to say their aged side will run out of gas vs Spain, who knows...
This is why we love football, there's not another sport like it,that can bring all that excitement,drama,rugby maybe but still doesn't touch it for thrills. I think it's wide open now. Didn't like the arrogance of the French and credit to the Swiss.

This is why we love football, there's not another sport like it,that can bring all that excitement,drama,rugby maybe but still doesn't touch it for thrills. I think it's wide open now. Didn't like the arrogance of the French and credit to the Swiss.
I agree. My interest in international football has waned in the last 10 years or so but yesterday's matches have rekindled my interest.

Youd think having very nearly been KOd by a team you gave no chance to and having then smash & grabbed a seemingly unassailable lead, you might focused on seeing the job through rather than dancing and prancing like an idiot.

I do love to see such nonsense get its comeuppance and I couldnt help but think of the 2002 World Cup where Senegal gave them a similar surprise.

This is the longest a thread about the Swiss has ever gone without a "their flag is a big plus" joke.
Bumping the thread for this.

I just came off the phone to my son who was berating the Swiss for being a bit anodyne so I used you're, "Yeah, but their flag is a big plus" joke.

He never even saw it coming - so thanks!

Back