Frank Boya

Gallant_Few

Did anyone else think Gerrards conversation with Boya at Full-Time have any significance? Usually he just fist bumps players after games. Is there any previous withbthese two or could this be a prospective new signing?

Could be nothing tho lol

They have quite a number of players on loan or on deals expiring this summer or next summer. I'd take Rafaelov as a short term Bosman backup in 10 or 6 position. 34 but fit, played 30odd games this season, scored and assisted plenty. 5 in Europa League this season.

37 games, 12 goals, 8 assists

I'm pretty sure if you watch it back he says 'you made the wrong choice get it rrrrrrright roon ye'. Off you pop. Something like that.

Gerrard simply saying "matching your ambition are they then?"

Bullet dodged. He's nothing special.

They have quite a number of players on loan or on deals expiring this summer or next summer. I'd take Rafaelov as a short term Bosman backup in 10 or 6 position. 34 but fit, played 30odd games this season, scored and assisted plenty. 5 in Europa League this season.

This is a really good shout. 2 year contract. Wouldn't play every game but he would be perfect to open up scottish teams parking the bus. Would be a great asset for that

This is a really good shout. 2 year contract. Wouldn't play every game but he would be perfect to open up scottish teams parking the bus. Would be a great asset for that
A good probing player who could replace Davis for SPFL games or Hagi/Aribo for tougher ones when they need rested or pick up an injury/suspension. Experienced backup. Would like to see it

He didn’t look very good.

The Antwerp fans don’t seem to be too impressed by him either.

Bullet dodged if he’s picked them over us.!

Boya didn’t stand out to me, maybe Antwerp using him incorrectly.

Rafaelov certainly looks a tidy player, who could be useful on a free. Very clever movement for their goal last night.

Rafaelov certainly looks a tidy player, who could be useful on a free. Very clever movement for their goal last night.
I only noticed Boya because of his 'interesting' hair, he was avearge at best.

Totally agree about Rafaelov, he was very influential for them in both legs.

Maybe Gerrard and his staff could see some special qualities in Boya that most amateurs like us couldn't see.

But he is said to be a defensive central midfielder, if we are signing Ofoborh do we really need another one? Saying that we don't even know what Ofoborh is like, not a good sign he is struggling to get a game for Wycombe.

100%. He's a midfielder and the coach tried to use him as a defender. It already failed once in the league so no idea why he keeps at it.

Would imagine it would be a friendly hello as of we were trying to sign him on a Bosman Gerrard would have had conversation with him.

Lior Refaelov is the one we need to snap up.

Getting on a bit now but on a free he would be a shrewd signing, absolute baller.

He is a bit on the older side but then again look at Davis. Only question is whether he’d be much good in domestic games, but I agree he’d be a quality signing.

He is a bit on the older side but then again look at Davis. Only question is whether he’d be much good in domestic games, but I agree he’d be a quality signing.
Given we dominate the ball he could play deep like Davis or probe like Hagi. I like the look of him. 37 appearances this season and he's a wiry lad, doesn't look like age is catching up with him. Could be good for a couple of seasons

Lior Refaelov is the one we need to snap up.

Getting on a bit now but on a free he would be a shrewd signing, absolute baller.
Be a passenger in our system, no thanks.
The big target man was decent and can see why he was trying to work a move to Greece as he was too good for them

Back