Frank Cairney kills the ‘separate entity’ lie

How can we tolerate these cnuts in the same league set up once this story fully breaks and everyone is free to voice their opinion. Let them play in the Vatican leagues.
I totally agree with what should happen.

If the last decade has taught us anything, it's that the majority of clubs and the governing bodies do what the filth tell them.

I'd like to think that will change but I don't hold out much hope.

Ultimately the men who were victims of that vile cult need justice. Anything else is secondary.

Celtc's failure of duty of care, negligence and failing to report criminal acts against children and young people cannot be ignored by the football authorities.
When did the Sfa or spl become authorities they are bought and paid for by the filth. The whole house has to come tumbling down get the truth out in front of the world let everyone see what that club allowed to happen. The victims need to have justice and compensation it won’t erase the horrors but at least shows them justice can be won . Spotlight are owed a debt of gratitude by us all for the work they have done and continue to do .

The Times

Marc Horne

A former manager of Celtic Boys Club who is accused of abusing teenagers told police he was hired directly by Jock Stein to produce players for the first team, contradicting claims that the two teams were “entirely separate”.

Frank Cairney, 87, is alleged to have committed sexual crimes against three boys between July 1978 and June 1989.

An examination of facts is taking place at Glasgow Sheriff Court after the former coach, from Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, was deemed unfit for trial.

During the hearing, a police video taken after Cairney was arrested on August 14, 2019 was shown.

In it, he told Detective Constable Elaine Wood that he had been installed as head coach of Celtic Boys Club by Stein, then Celtic FC manager, in 1970. Cairney, who denies all charges, said: “[Stein] says ‘You will take the Celtic Boys Club under-16s.

I will put s-forms [schoolboy players] in there and you are responsible’. It was called Celtic Boys Club, but it was Celtic under-16s.”

The Scottish Champions argue that the boys’ club was a separate legal entity and that they are not culpable for abuse that took place there.

More than 20 former players for the feeder club have joined a separate class lawsuit against Celtic FC, which is proceeding at the Court of Session.

The claimants believe they are entitled to compensation from the senior club.

At yesterday’s hearing a 50-year-old man, who cannot be named, said he was abused by Cairney when Celtic Boys Club travelled to Aviemore for a friendly match and stayed in a hotel.

“He asked me to go to his room under the pretence of talking about the game,” he said “I stood up and he stood up and he touched my clothing and put his hand down the front of my clothing.”

He said Cairney then performed a sex act on him: “I was massively shaken, I told him to stop.”

He later recalled that Cairney sometimes drove him home from Barrowfield, the Celtic FC training ground used by the boy’s club. “A couple of times he would reach over and touch my groin area.”

Andrew Crosbie, defending, put it to him that he had never been alone with Cairney in Aviemore. He responded: “That’s a lie.”

Celtic FC has always insisted that the boy’s club was legally distinct. It has said: “Given the ongoing legal proceedings, it is not appropriate for us to provide any comment.”

The hearing, before Sheriff Tom Hughes, continues.

How can we tolerate these cnuts in the same league set up once this story fully breaks and everyone is free to voice their opinion. Let them play in the Vatican leagues.
We should refuse to play them full stop, and let the whole world know why, let's face it that's what the rest of League wanted with us for using EBTs ffs, yet they will happily go along with entertaining a club that raped kids and covered it up for decades, let that sink in for a minute

I’ve long thought that’s what they’ll do. They will throw him under the bus and claim that all of their success under him was achieved despite him being a CSA facilitator. That he was also a Protestant will become a convenient fact for their coordinated defence on social and other media. That they are utterly without shame or conscience is undeniable.
They will claim Stein had no right to boot Torbett out as he had no remit to do so. They will claim Stein acted under his own authority to get involved in something that was nothing to do with the club. Nothing surer. Despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Fair play to the Guardian.
That's a horrible but damming read.

I never knew fairly prominent Celtic player, other Scottish clubs players and even International were part of the current litigation. (I obviously know of the one in the original Torbett conviction)

But I had wrongly assumed the litigation was people who suffered at their hands and didn't have any football career.

They will claim Stein had no right to boot Torbett out as he had no remit to do so. They will claim Stein acted under his own authority to get involved in something that was nothing to do with the club. Nothing surer. Despite all the evidence to the contrary.
No doubt mate but the fact that Torbett wasn’t immediately reinstated or took the scum to an Industrial Tribunal for wrongful dismissal proved that Stein had the authority and completely debunks their separate entity argument.

Scum like McCafferty and Cairney have been front page news in the tabloids, mate. Marc Horne of The Times in London has reported on the paedo scandal at the piggery. It is our own politicians at Holyrood and SFA and SPFL who are conspicuous by their absence and silence regarding the paedophile activities at Celtc. It is a national scandal, yet they are all posted missing. This needs a public inquiry.
Scotland is known the world over as a nation that harbours pedo scum.

The pedos and the complicit politicians should be hanging from the lampposts.

I think Celtic should receive a football punishment.

Celtic benefited from their Boys Club and youth system. They had the pick of young players in Scotland. Many of the boys they picked went on to feature in the first team. They even made money in the transfer market from several players.

At the same time many (possibly hundreds) of the boys were abused. People at Celtic were actively involved in the abuse. Others knew about it and kept quiet.

So we had perverts satisfying their sexual perversions. We had people ignoring it.

Celtics vehicle for enriching their club, was also the vehicle for abuse.

Rather than sort out the abuse Celtic kept quiet.

Celtic benefited from the Boys Club. They sacrificed the happiness and lives of young people to get football success.

They traded abuse for success. They should be punished
Crimson King and Audubon Blue post sensible and well considered points.l tend to agree with CK whilst fully understanding the points AB makes.
My worry with football sanctions is that it may be portrayed as something pertaining to the game when the reality is far more sinister and frankly criminal. Congratulations to our Spotlight team for their vigorous work in highlighting this vile entity.

Crimson King and Audubon Blue post sensible and well considered points.l tend to agree with CK whilst fully understanding the points AB makes.
My worry with football sanctions is that it may be portrayed as something pertaining to the game when the reality is far more sinister and frankly criminal. Congratulations to our Spotlight team for their vigorous work in highlighting this vile entity.

Punish the perverts and the enablers. They did this under the name of Celtic. I think Celtic should be punished.

Perverts at Celtic used the game. They besmirched the game to the extreme. Celtic, perverts, and the quiet ones should be punished.

“Cairney told DC Elaine Wood that he was installed as manager of CBC by first team manager Jock Stein in 1970. "Stein says you are not going to Hamilton Accies, you will take the Celtic Boys Club under 16s.
"I will put s-forms in there and you are responsible.
"It was called Celtic Boys Club but it was Celtic under 16s."
Get it right into them. Mention Seperate Entity FC in comments sections in the Daily Rhebel. They respond like loonies. Then don't respond to their comments. It drives them crazy

We should refuse to play them full stop, and let the whole world know why, let's face it that's what the rest of League wanted with us for using EBTs ffs, yet they will happily go along with entertaining a club that raped kids and covered it up for decades, let that sink in for a minute
This is bigger than Sport, let the law deal with it and everything that is coming their way will filter down.
This isn’t Rangers fight

Pages 14, 16 and 23 for one of the biggest stories in modern Scottish history...sounds like the usual box-ticking exercise by Scottish media. The rule seems to be: give it basic coverage so we can say we did our job but otherwise don't investigate and starve the story of oxygen. With the passing years the level of complicity in the media, government and sporting organisations is staggering. Imagine being someone who gets out of bed in the morning and takes a wage to ignore, refute or downplay a network of child abuse. And that covers everyone from politicians to journos. It's as staggering as it is nauseating.

Took the hit from the scum newspaper.

Cairney struck in the Celtic Park shower room and dressing room of the club’s Barrowfield training ground.

The convicted sex offender also carried out his abuse on a team trip to Aviemore, Scottish Highlands, and in his car on numerous occasions.

Cairney - who was installed in his role by club legend Jock Stein - received a three year sentence in 2019 for abusing seven boys over 20 years.

Further allegations emerged after three further victims contacted police in 2018 and 2019.

Cairney, of Uddingston, Lanarkshire, was due to stand trial charged with three indecent assaults.

Glasgow Sheriff Court heard earlier this week that Cairney was unfit to stand trial and an examination of facts hearing was set in its place.
Earlier hearings were told Cairney suffered from “health problems” including dementia.

His attendance was also excused from the examination of facts.

The court heard from a 52-year-old man who stated he suffered abuse at the hands of Cairney from early 1986.

The man who signed for Celtic stated he was directed by the club to play for Cairney’s Celtic Boys Club under 16 team.

He stated that Cairney was a “big imposing man” and “a bit of a bully” who was verbally aggressive towards his team.

The witness claimed he was “homesick” and “upset” following a match he played at Celtic Park and took refuge in the shower room.

He stated that he was joined alone by Cairney who followed him in.

The man said: “He put his arms around me to hug me in a consoling way I thought at the time.

“He put his hand on my lower back and his other hand was at the top of the inside of my leg.

“He then moved his hand and touch my private parts and lower stomach.”

The man stated that he was still wearing his football kit at the time.

Cairney went on to attack the boy again while they were alone in the Barrowfield changing rooms.

The man said: “He hugged me once again and he would have put his hand on the inside of my leg similar to the first occasion.

“Then he rubbed my neck and moved his hand inside my football gear and touched my private parts - it was longer that time.”

Cairney groped the man in a later occasion while the pair were alone in a “secluded” tea room at Celtic Park.

The witness said: “He proceeded to hug me once again and he again put his hand on my back.

“He put a hand against my leg on the outside of my clothes and touched my private parts once again.”

The man stated that he later reported Cairney to one of Celtic’s Irish scouts in 1988 who then forwarded him on to the club’s chief scout but nothing came of it.

A 50-year-old victim told the court that Cairney performed a sex act on him while in a hotel room on a team trip to Aviemore between 1988 and 1989.

He stated: “I think he asked me to go to his room before or after dinner under the pretence of what happened during the game.

“I remember talking about football in general.

“I don’t know if I was leaving, I stood up and he stood up and he touched my clothing and put his hand down the front of my clothing.”

The man stated that he was also touched on the groin on numerous occasions when Cairney would drive him home from football training at Barrowfield.

A 59-year-old victim stated he was touched on the thigh on two occasions by Cairney between 1978 and 1979.

He recalled the first time was in Cairney’s car when he gave him and two team mates a lift to Paisley, Renfrewshire, for a match against St Mirren.

The victim said: “He had his back to the passenger door and he put his hand on my thigh.”

He added that his team mates looked out of the window when it was happening.

The man stated he “freaked out” and “just froze.”

The witness recalled an aggressive Cairney also touched him on his thigh “three or four” times in the Barrowfield changing rooms.

The man said: “He would slap someone, he would plant himself between the players and he would put his hand on my thigh again.

"The rest of the lads wouldn’t say something - they would look away.”

Prosecutor Mark Allan asked what impact the incidents had on the victim.

He replied: “My mental health has been all over the place...it never goes away - 44 years of it.”

The court heard that some of the victims did not come forward due to Cairney’s influence on the team and the influence it would have on their careers.

Cairney’s recorded police interview following his arrest in August 2019 was played to the court.

He told officers that he was installed as manager of Celtic Boys Club by legendry first team boss Jock Stein in 1970.

He added that he was assisted by Lisbon Lion captain Billy McNeill “for a few months.”

Cairney told the officers that Hoops legend Tommy Burns, Charlie Nicholas and Derek Whyte took training sessions while doing SFA coaching badges.

Cairney gave a largely “no comment” response to sexual abuse allegations before he stated: “It never happened.”

He was cleared mid-trial of physically assaulting one of the abuse victims after the charge was pulled.

Giving his verdict, Sheriff Tom Hughes said: “I took the view that the crimes charged were so closely linked by the character, the circumstances of their commission and in time as to bind them together as part of a single course of criminal conduct systematically pursued by Cairney.

“On the balance of probabilities, there are no grounds for acquitting Cairney and I make findings to that effect.

“The victims gave evidence on what must have been very difficult circumstances for them.

“They gave their evidence with great dignity and I hope they can put the circumstances of these offences behind them and start to move on with their lives.

“They are an example to others that it is possible to bring these horrendous crimes to the attention of the court no matter how long ago they occurred.

“These matters are always taken seriously by the courts and they should have the consolation of knowing that they came to court and were believed. I hope this is some consolation to them.”

Mr Allan did not move for sentence after the verdict and asked that the case be “deserted pro loco et tempore” due to the legal provisions of Cairney being unfit for trial.

Is the Daily Record the only one not using Celtic FC, or mentioning Celtic FC in the story? Just Boys Club.

Back