Frank De Boer

This just seems too ropey a reply.
Firstly, how gutted would you be if this wasn't sanctioned by the board. They did it for Pedro.
Although, I do believe that the backroom staff should be decided by DOF, except for assistant manager and first team coach. I think that's necessary to keep continuity of the philosophy and for when the next time to change manager eventually comes.
Secondly, the mentioning of Martinez is just completely irrelevant to the point being made. Why bother mentioning it? Or is it just to throw as many guesses in as possible so they can claim to be a credible source if one turns out to be right.
Finally, they finish off by accepting they may be wrong, which usually means they are.

Hopefully, this source can come back with something more concrete to be considered a credible source.

Cheers for posting nonetheless. That's the point of a forum, sharing any supposed news. Right?

This just seems too ropey a reply.
Firstly, how gutted would you be if this wasn't sanctioned by the board. They did it for Pedro.
Although, I do believe that the backroom staff should be decided by DOF, except for assistant manager and first team coach. I think that's necessary to keep continuity of the philosophy and for when the next time to change manager eventually comes.
Secondly, the mentioning of Martinez is just completely irrelevant to the point being made. Why bother mentioning it? Or is it just to throw as many guesses in as possible so they can claim to be a credible source if one turns out to be right.
Finally, they finish off by accepting they may be wrong, which usually means they are.

Hopefully, this source can come back with something more concrete to be considered a credible source.

Cheers for posting nonetheless. That's the point of a forum, sharing any supposed news. Right?
I agree i dont believe it either but he did say he expects something to come out tomorrow but i very much doubt that will happen at all

I must say I will be relieved if De Boer knocks us back as think he would be an expensive unmitigated disaster. Would require lots of money to bring in players suited to his “project” and when it all goes wrong as we’ve seen at Inter Milan and Crystal Palace we will end up exactly where we were post Warburton and Caixinha.

Need a more stable conservative option.

FdB won’t be the next manager I’m pretty certain of that. But I’d be suprised if he hasn’t been sounded out over it but for one reason or another talks never progressed. My money is on him eventually taking up an easy and well paid job in Qatar.

I just can't find this anywhere. Went into their website and Twitter and found nothing. The journalist has Twitter but doesn't use it. And I can't find any recent news through several Google searches. Have you a link, or quote?
I have been trying the same path but can't find anything either. I can only promise he did say it on the show.

I have been trying the same path but can't find anything either. I can only promise he did say it on the show.
Again, appreciate the insight. No doubt it will end up on a video on YouTube.
If true, I'm glad to hear that is the type of candidate the club are seeking.

Yes same guy mate .

He has the potential to become a top manager , he’s winning silverware and plaudits for his style of football
Good to hear, i had no idea he was a manager but was a great player, might be a bit left field for us just now though, cant see the board going down that route.

I don’t see why FDB would want to take such a massive risk after two failed jobs. Let’s not kid ourselves the work involved in turning us around is enormous

I don’t see why FDB would want to take such a massive risk after two failed jobs. Let’s not kid ourselves the work involved in turning us around is enormous
He is not expected to do it all on his own. It will be collectively board Dof manager

No it’s not.

It’s not about being better than celtic - it’s about being better than everyone else, then hoping for some passion and effort in 4 “one-off” old firm games.

His next job will be a risk, regardless. The reason we MAY have a chance of getting him is because he has failed in his last two jobs and is unlikely to be offered another big job. A return to Ajax and even a big paying job in the likes of Turkey or Russia is possible though.

His next job will be a risk, regardless. The reason we MAY have a chance of getting him is because he has failed in his last two jobs and is unlikely to be offered another big job. A return to Ajax and even a big paying job in the likes of Turkey or Russia is possible though.
I think the return to Ajax is a big possibility. And probably what he is waiting for. Ten Hag is under a bit of pressure there just now and even FDB has been commenting on potential flaws in Ten Hag's management style.

No it’s not.

It’s not about being better than celtic - it’s about being better than everyone else, then hoping for some passion and effort in 4 “one-off” old firm games.

Really don’t think it will be that easy. Installing a winning mentality with a team of players that go to pieces at the first sign of adversity is not going to happen overnight. There are also clearly cliques in the dressing room that cause issues every time things don’t go their way that need broken up.

In addition to that we need 3 centre backs, a better keeper and 3 or 4 other better quality players before we will consistently be able to beat the other teams in the league.

All that on top of having the pressure of a support that is at breaking point and needs to see big improvements immediately, there is no margin for error

I think the return to Ajax is a big possibility. And probably what he is waiting for. Ten Hag is under a bit of pressure there just now and even FDB has been commenting on potential flaws in Ten Hag's management style.
FDB distanced himself from the Ajax job the last time and doesn't want to work in the Netherlands. He is looking for a foreign job.

Other than some random sub mainstream media speculation added to self proclaimed ITK posters here, what evidence is there that he’s even remotely interested in the job ?

I know think there is no way De Boer will be coming, think ill just sit back and wait for something to come out rather than getting excited about a big name coming in.

With the latest carry on there's no way we're in a position to attract someone like de Boer.

Need to get rid of the hopeless football board, let Murty go and release Miller first. Another rebuild, great.

With the latest carry on there's no way we're in a position to attract someone like de Boer.

Need to get rid of the hopeless football board, let Murty go and release Miller first. Another rebuild, great.

Pipe dream, PLC owe the Board £18M of loans and currently operating above income to requires further funding. Remove and replace with who, who on earth would want to come in and hand over £18M for the privilege of having to put up more. Only someone of wealthy who doesn't care about money.

Pull out all the stops to get The Warlock. Nae messin, need him more than ever as our manager.

Pipe dream, PLC owe the Board £18M of loans and currently operating above income to requires further funding. Remove and replace with who, who on earth would want to come in and hand over £18M for the privilege of having to put up more. Only someone of wealthy who doesn't care about money.

I'm on about the football board. Robertson, Dickson and Allen. The football side of our club is a complete failure. There's a distinction between those keeping the lights on and the executives making a howling arse of everything they touch.

So if everything is as bad as you say, why did we turn down crazy money for Morelos?

Back