Frank Lampard sacked (confirmed)

Lampard should never have deviated from the path he was on with the kids.

Trying to integrate as many foreign players as that in the middle of a pandemic was mental.

That said, Abramovich was always going to go for a ‘top’ coach as soon as the transfer ban was up.

We all know Abramovich is trigger happy, but I remember Neville making a good point a while ago in that as much as he’s criticised for that approach, it’s actually worked quite well for him. Chelsea have pretty much always been a force and always pulling in trophies regardless of how often he’s hired and fired managers.

They’ve been poor for a while now but it’s still a bit harsh.

The end of the transfer ban was a poisoned chalice for Lampard, too many big players coming in has derailed their momentum he built up last season.

Only 5 points off the top 4; so in a season like this could easily have gone on a run and still put a challenge in. Then again, maybe that’s even more reason for getting Tuchel in?

The transfer ban and a Chelsea legend doing well coinciding is the only reason Lampard got the job in the first place. Its harsh but its the right choice in the long run for Chelsea

There is no long run for Chelsea. They are the most short termist club in Europe.

I just thought it was too much for Lampard just now.

Maybe the step up was too early in his career.

He will bounce back and do well elsewhere I have no doubts. Will be good to see how strong his character is now.

All the best to Frank.

Appointment came too soon for Frankie imho. He was in a difficult position with the transfer ban, but managed to make a go of it, and I guess he rode his luck at times because of the it. Since then though I think his lack of managerial experience has shown. He could have done with tasting the EPL somewhere else before heading to the Bridge.

I wish him well for the future

Sky claiming Tuchel will take over this week.
Said in the Sunday Times they specifically wanted a German manager (Tuchel or Nagelsmann) to try and improve Havertz and Werner. Which struck me as weird. Lanyard was heading for the sack anyway but choosing the manager hoping he'd get the best out of 2 players seems nuts. Mind you it is Chelsea...

Sad day for Chelsea fans, this might be the making of him as a manager, nobody goes through a career in management without failures, if his tenure can be called failure.
He seems a nice bloke and will always be a club legend.

If Gilmour was to come here now (can’t see it) he wouldn’t be a development midfielder tho he’d be a first team regular, not really comparable to Kelly or Dickson
I wouldn’t have thought that he’d be that high.
I know he’s doing very well at Chelsea but that’s only to a point and is no guarantee his type of football would be successful here.
Thats a dig at the football, not the player.
All that said, I’ve never wanted my mainstay, the player who makes us tick, to be a loan player unless its a similar scenario to Davis.

Quick Q - no agenda behind it, I'm just curious. How much did Lampard get to spend for this season, and how does that compare to the other usual suspect re the title?

We know what their owner is like. I guess if he had given Lampard serious financial backing - at least on a par with the others - and he hasn't delivered... then there was only going to be one outcome.

Personally I think he should have stayed at Derby for 2 or 3 years and cut his teeth there. But hindsight is wonderful and he might not have got the chance again if he hadn't jumped at the time.
Lampard spent hee haw. He was their head coach, not their manager.
By that I mean you get given the players and you need to coach them.

According to the Huddleboard, lampard would come as he hates Gerrard, and both he and Frank snr like Sellik. Oh, and West Ham and Leicester are battling it out for French Eddy with the bidding starting at £35m :p
If ever there was a reason to call this the “muddledboard”.

Lampard spent hee haw. He was their head coach, not their manager.
By that I mean you get given the players and you need to coach them.
If the situation was as absolute as that - ie he had no say on incomings or outgoings - then he's walked into the job with his eyes open and knowing that from day 1 then....

I feel gutted for him, he was doing a great job at Derby. I think he went to Chelsea a couple of seasons too early.

There is a manager in there with Frank.
Great job with Derby? Really, what did he do that was special , they were 6th when he took over and 6th when he left.

According to the Huddleboard, lampard would come as he hates Gerrard, and both he and Frank snr like Sellik. Oh, and West Ham and Leicester are battling it out for French Eddy with the bidding starting at £35m :p

hahaha they really will believe anything won’t they :D

Lampard and his family’s allegiances are very well known and there’s no doubt who they support in Scotland.

Also the fact that Gerrard and Lampard certainly used to speak regularly to eachother when they first stepped into management.

Hope the miserable lady's front bottom cries himself to sleep at night, this fucking upstart dares to shout the odds at Juergen Klopp, who’s laughing now? Self opinionated privileged prick.

Weird. Exceeded expectations last season with no signings.

I did suspect the new players were bought by someone else, and without much thought. All attack minded and no defenders.

For some reason neither these attacking superstars nor manager seem delighted with the result.

Back