Frank Lampard

Seriously? an EPL manager.

We are in the realms of punts or rejects. We either take a young inexperienced name, a guy like Jack Ross who has done well at a smaller club, or the likes of a pardew. Those are our options. At least we would get a bit of buzz.
Pardew? I hope you’re joking!

not as a manager but part of a coaching team theres so many great pundits that could be part of a coaching team with alot knowledge of watching alot of games

What you have to remember is been an ex player only gets you so far and when things start going wrong the dressing room does not care how many goals you scored for Chelsea.

It could not be any more obvious that we need a mega experienced manager who can sort our team out. We are so toxic right now that we really do need a miracle.

Lampard came to New York to sign for New York City FC. Spent two years living in an apartment on 59th
Street shagging every bimbo in town while laughing as he cashed his check for doing f__ all. Just what we need.

Can I ask what tempts you towards this lunacy op ? We are all over the place right now and your solution is to bring in an untested manager with an old man with a neevous twitch
No thanks
We need a Martin Jol type of manager or if it's a day for dreaming the Rafa Benitez

Seriously who do people really thing we are going to get?

Get a experienced number two in and its not so crazy.

would you rather have a guy with 106 England Caps, a champions league medal, played under all the top managers or a right back who played for Reading

Can't we just have an experienced number one?.

A great player was Frank but his display cabinet full of medals doesn't bear any relevance to his ability to be better than Murty and i don't care to find out. I'm done with projects, progressive philosophies and allowing managers to grow into the role.

Since Walter Smith left the club we've had a succession of managers who had little or no experience and that's before we get to their abilities or lack of.

Can't we just have an experienced number one?.

A great player was Frank but his display cabinet full of medals doesn't bear any relevance to his ability to be better than Murty and i don't care to find out. I'm done with projects, progressive philosophies and allowing managers to grow into the role.

Since Walter Smith left the club we've had a succession of managers who had little or no experience and that's before we get to their abilities or lack of.

No-one with a name worth anything.

We are shopping in untested or unknown.

We have a youth team coach presently in charge, a former Hamilton accies and Mighty Norwich ( failed) manager is one of the favourites for the job, yet some on here are aghast at the thought of one of the best professional players to ever play the game, And widely regarded as a future top coach becoming our next manager ? totally baffled by this, one name for the doubters. G Souness what managerial experience did he have? and how did that work for us?

I would be tempted to gamble on him as manager of Rangers. Get Harry along side him for a while.

Scary as fùck, but no more scary than the thought of FDB, GVB or Alex Neil if I'm honest.

Some absolutely terrifying suggestions doing the round, folk still willing to gamble after all we've witnessed. Jesus H.

I kinda wish that Frank Lampard could be seen as a viable option. Think of the players he could attract to us for one thing and the commercial opportunities from the exposure with him as Head Coach. Unfortunately OP I reckon it is an enviable pipe dream at this time and where we are. Have to agree with the majority view that we need someone much more in the mould of Frank's uncle Harry. We need an experienced, capable Head Coach to sort us out and put us on the right road. My own choice would be Neil Warnock. Experienced, mature, what you see is what you get and would deal very effectively with reptiles of the press and other scum.

As an alternative, I have wondered whether Dick Advocaat's experience, if available, for a season or two might be worth considering.

I don't think the timing is right. But can you imagine if this place had been around when Souness got the job!
That's a cracking point.
I remember when the announcement was made and I heard it on the six o'clock Scottish news. Immediate reaction was; Graeme Souness, really? That's fantastic.
And even more radical was that the man who brought him to Rangers, David Holmes, wasn't a "football man", he was a house builder, albeit a very senior house building executive.
Imagine if a house builder, or car salesman, appointed a Rangers manager nowadays. A bit of understanding and perspective is required from us collectively as a support. We all want the same thing.

Lampard seems a hell of a lot more articulate, I've no doubt he will end up being the better manager of the two. Oozes class and a real winner.

Not that I'd actually want him or Gerrard taking their first jobs in management with us.

Back