Frank McAvennie

Marstonbear

I live in a small village (clue is in the username). Guy I know is a big Hammers fan and is holding a social event in October to which the aforementioned and Tony Cottee are attending.

I’ll clearly be advising my Mrs to steer clear so as to avoid being pestered by McAvennie but should I take any other precautions?

I live in a small village (clue is in the username). Guy I know is a big Hammers fan and is holding a social event in October to which the aforementioned and Tony Cottee are attending.

I’ll clearly be advising my Mrs to steer clear so as to avoid being pestered by McAvennie but should I take any other precautions?

Pics first sir and we will decide if she will be pestered

Having garlic round the neck apparently keeps vampires at bay so I suggest a bar of soap to keep Frankie(Its only a wee bit of Charlie) McAvennie well away from your good lady.

I was going to go against the grain and say he came across all right on the Graham Hunter podcast a while back. So it may be a decent do.

But I won't and say you should piss in his pint.

His brother Benny is a still a window cleaner in Abronhill, Cumbernauld and has been for about 30 years, now I have %^*& all against window cleaners,it’s an honest profession,but if I where to make it has a top drawer footballer my big brother along with my mum and wi gran would have been the first people I would see right,or is that just the Presbyterian in me? The reason I say this is because growing up in the 80’s in Abronhill and being told Frank McAvennie “who was on the telly at the time” brother was cleaning my windows just struck me as odd.
FWIW his brother is a cracking guy.

His brother Benny is a still a window cleaner in Abronhill, Cumbernauld and has been for about 30 years, now I have %^*& all against window cleaners,it’s an honest profession,but if I where to make it has a top drawer footballer my big brother along with my mum and wi gran would have been the first people I would see right,or is that just the Presbyterian in me? The reason I say this is because growing up in the 80’s in Abronhill and being told Frank McAvennie “who was on the telly at the time” brother was cleaning my windows just struck me as odd.
Benny McAvennie?

I doubt very much he earned enough in the 80s to set his family up for life.

Reactions: VGM

Soap mate, if she has a bar with her doubles as a broach she will be fine

The Presbyterian in me would want to keep making my own money, whether or not my brother was minted.

The Presbyterian in me would want to keep making my own money, whether or not my brother was minted.
I disagree totally mate, if I was in my teens and started making money the way certain footballers did, even in the 80’s, I’d look after the people that got me there,I’d have made sure they where sorted before I squandered it,that’s the Protestant in me

I doubt very much he earned enough in the 80s to set his family up for life.

There's a reason footballers from that era can be booked for about £500 to appear at dinners and dos.

Don't see Neymar doing the same in thirty years.

I met Frank MacAvennie in Dubai once, he came across actually not that bad. He couldnt put up a patsy for us due to the fact we were in Dubai.

He did an after dinner at a legends event in Dubai a couple of months back, have to give him credit he was really good, (tin hat on) he was doing his best to chat to everyone and came across as a really decent bloke......

And no, before anyone says it, Im not Frank McAvennie !!

This should help.

34y17xg.jpg

Tony Cottee is terrible speaker - saw him with Tony Gale who was very good 1

Both great on Sky but wee Tony would put you to sleep!

Back