Frankfurt Morelos

I think a lot depends on where Alfredo’s head is at right now and what he wants. You see good players at the fhilth wanting away asap amid talk of big money transfers. We have a good relationship with him but he’s not here for the fun of it. You wonder how it might effect his game if the club were to reject a big, but not quite big enough bid. It’s a huge decision to be made and we don’t have time on our side. It needs to happen soon, one way or another.

I know he scored three goals against the fourth best team in Gibraltar in the week *rolls eyes* but did anyone notice how much better we played when he came off? A bit like when he wasn’t in the team at the end of last season.

Add his discipline issues to him being slightly at odds with our best style of play... time for the buffalo to roam.

I know he scored three goals against the fourth best team in Gibraltar in the week *rolls eyes* but did anyone notice how much better we played when he came off? A bit like when he wasn’t in the team at the end of last season.

Add his discipline issues to him being slightly at odds with our best style of play... time for the buffalo to roam.

Aye, it was a shite hattrick when you think about it.

He would go to Germany, money talks double or triple his salary n after receiving a £100m out with their transfer budget £20m doesn’t seem to much money.
Forget he no played champions league,he no scored again them the boys got it n that it he ll go to the top.

Supporters wanting rid of their best players instead of their worst players is a really fascinating trend.

I’m seriously hoping he stays, I think this season he is the man to fire us to 55 with the squad we have.

But if this bid comes to fruition, Alfie has made it clear his dream is becoming a main stay in the Columbia team and playing week in week out in Germany, is 10x more attractive to whoever is managing Columbia, than playing in Scotland.

They finished 3rd in the league actually.

I think Dembelle tore up the rule book last summer to be honest. We should be looking for at least the same as he went for. I would rather we sold him in January if he is to leave. Markets are inflated and hopefully a good European run and no red cards we can easily get £30m+

I previously argued that we probably couldn’t expect the same fee as Dembele because he’d scored the goals that won Celtic a treble, scored goals in the Champions League and scored goals against us including a hat-trick.

But £25m for an injury prone left back completely redefines the ceiling for Scottish based players so £30m for the country’s top scorer suddenly doesn’t look so outlandish anymore.

I never said that I valued him at that!
He will go for what a club is willing to pay for him and what we value him at.

Your last paragraph is contradictory. A buying club may value him at £10m whereas our value is £20m - he cannot go for both values.

If we get a bid of over £15m I think Alfie will be off. However EIntracht have taken in over £100m in selling two players, surely we can squeze them to near £20m if they are seriously interested in Alfie.

Last edited:
If we sell Morelos we can kiss goodbye to 55. Simple as that.

No money would make it worthwhile this year.

I actually don’t believe that.

A big fee for Alfie and I think we can locate a player that will be just as effective.

People genuinely felt we wouldn’t be able to replace Windass’s goals last season. o_O

If Morelos goes we are a weaker squad. Any replacement striker will struggle to hit the net as often as Morelos. Frustrating as he is with his discipline I really hope he stays. I like our squad as it is.

Keep him for another season, if we continue to play as pre season and he gets his head down then he’ll only become more valuable.
We’re creating so many chances,so if he plays he’ll score most games up here.

If they come in at 20m+ he will be off, and we will have targets lined up.
Jesus man who will the whole of Scotland (outwith us) hate now if he leaves?

Losing Morelos makes us weaker and finding a replacement won't be easy.

Morelos goes and we need to find a replacement of similar or better quality.

Think that is every fans concern. Morelos is a diamond, a little rough round the edges but in time he will sparkle like the finest jewels.

Replacing him is going to be near impossible but perhaps SG and MA will pull a rabbit our of their hat as the possible sale of Alfie this close season would not be a shock and contingencies should be in place.

If Frankfurt come up with the money we want then the boy will be off. It’s a big step up and it’s all about improving himself and his families life but Germany would be good move for him.

Actually mental we have opinions like the above and posters wanting rid for anything from 5-10m.

He’s the best player by a distance at the club and the biggest asset we have - potentially in our history.

A big fee for Alfie and I think we can locate a player that will be just as effective.

People genuinely felt we wouldn’t be able to replace Windass’s goals last season. o_O

How much can we locate a player that will be just as effective for mate ?

And if so, why won’t Eintracht do that ?

Last edited:
I’m not saying he’d do it again. But after the Chinese nonsense he definitely wasn’t at 100%

I’m not convinced. He had a fallow spell of goals but he was still fighting for us every time he wore the jersey. You can’t say he downed tools. I think it is more likely that the fallow spell was a combination of him being 20 and a little inconsistent, him having played continually for about 18 months at the point and losing a little sharpness and the whole team playing shite at the time.

I’m not convinced. He had a fallow spell of goals but he was still fighting for us every time he wore the jersey. You can’t say he downed tools. I think it is more likely that the fallow spell was a combination of him being 20 and a little inconsistent, him having played continually for about 18 months at the point and losing a little sharpness and the whole team playing shite at the time.

Agree. Never bought into that. The teams heads went down, which meant a drop in supply to our strike force for a period.

I get what your saying but replacing morelos is a whole different kettle of fish to replacing windass. Even with the money we get for him it's not easy finding a 30+ goals a season forward basically gaurenteed that with Alfie

As the end if the transfer window gets nearer, it's a certainty we will get bids for Scotland's best striker.
When it happens, how Morelos reacts will likely determine whether he goes.

We all know he wants to go to a bigger league, question is whether he will insist it happens now.

We played better when Arfield came on not when Morelos went off, and St Joes were absolutely knackered by that point.

Actually mental we have opinions like the above and posters wanting rid for anything from 5-10m.

He’s the best player by a distance at the club and the biggest asset we have - potentially in our history.

And you call me mental??

Just for the record, he’s an absolutely fantastic player and easily worth 20m.

I just would, now, rather have the money. I don’t think we’d miss him *that* much with someone like Roofe as a replacement and 10m in the bank.

We played better when Arfield came on not when Morelos went off, and St Joes were absolutely knackered by that point.

Hmm. The evidence of the end of last season doesn’t seem to be weighing in your assessment at all? We do seem to play much better football with Defoe (and yes Arfield). Alfie’s great, but maybe not that great for how we want (and need) to play.

My overall point is about the “I accepted we should sell BUT NOW I WANT HIM TO STAY” nonsense. Presumably based on Thursday.

Hmm. The evidence of the end of last season doesn’t seem to be weighing in your assessment at all? We do seem to play much better football with Defoe (and yes Arfield). Alfie’s great, but maybe not that great for how we want (and need) to play.

My overall point is about the “I accepted we should sell BUT NOW I WANT HIM TO STAY” nonsense. Presumably based on Thursday.

Not for me, I don't want him to leave, at all, for me he's the best all round striker, at his age, I've seen at Rangers.

By the way play Morelos with the same support as we've given Defoe and he'll score even more, a far more skillful and clever player than he's credited for.

I will be devastated when Morelos leaves. I just hope when he does its for at least 20m plus.

I genuinely think we will struggle to replace all his goals.

Between the Morelos and Tav stories this has got Hollicom/Daily Record all over it .

Rangers = negative media

Soapdodgers and the phantom Arsenal/Napoli/Teirney "saga" = positve media .

One would think there's a deflection campaign going on .

Aye 30 goal non penalty taking strikers are 10 a penny for Rangers.

So you don’t think that for £15-20m Rangers could use a hefty chunk of that to bring in a very effective striker for the system we play?

People screamed that we were nothing without Morelos last season until a 36 year-old Jermaine Defoe came in and showed that actually he wasn’t quite as irreplaceable as we may have first believed.

This is what we pay Mark Allen for - we have to believe our model of buy cheap sell high will generate an exponential quality of footballer over time.

No point in arguing over his worth. Any actual rangers fan knows that we value him at around £20mill and Dembele set the market there so it’s the price that is expected. Whether it is met or not who knows?

As to the move to Frankfurt, I guess Morelos will be thinking of the next move. Not many players go from the Bundesliga to the EPL though some do go to Spain. Whereas it is common for players to go from Scotland to England and then you are in the EPL market for your next move.

Basically it depends whether he wants to play in Spain or England. And depends how much he is willing to gamble - go for the first decent sized club to offer or wait on a better offer to come.

I don’t think he’ll be hard to work with either way. For all the nonsense the one thing that he has never done is shirked his duties in the team irrespective of offers. We play him and he scores until we sell him.
That's not true after the Chinese clubs offer he spat the dummy and never looked interested the rest of the season

Back