Frankfurt playing a full strength side today

Coach Oliver Glasner gave the all-clear for the 22-year-old after the Rhein-Main derby at FSV Mainz 05 (2-2) at the end of the Bundesliga season. Ndicka was injured and substituted in the middle of the second half. "It's nothing serious. He had blisters on his feet and a bit of pain in training," reported Glasner after the final whistle. The substitution was purely a precautionary measure.

In the duel with the Scottish runners-up next Wednesday in Seville, the Hessians hope are also hoping for the return of offensive player Jesper Lindström. The Dane suffered a thigh injury in Frankfurt's semi-final first leg win at West Ham United. "It's looking pretty good. Everything is going according to plan," said Glasner. Lindstrom is scheduled to start training again on Sunday.
Bastard.

Coach Oliver Glasner gave the all-clear for the 22-year-old after the Rhein-Main derby at FSV Mainz 05 (2-2) at the end of the Bundesliga season. Ndicka was injured and substituted in the middle of the second half. "It's nothing serious. He had blisters on his feet and a bit of pain in training," reported Glasner after the final whistle. The substitution was purely a precautionary measure.

In the duel with the Scottish runners-up next Wednesday in Seville, the Hessians hope are also hoping for the return of offensive player Jesper Lindström. The Dane suffered a thigh injury in Frankfurt's semi-final first leg win at West Ham United. "It's looking pretty good. Everything is going according to plan," said Glasner. Lindstrom is scheduled to start training again on Sunday.
Im sure someone said he had ice on his foot on the bench, strange that's only blisters..

So looks like they will be full strength except that cb that’s been out since the semi
Meanwhile we will have hagi , Morelos , helander and prob Roofe . Bastard

So looks like they will be full strength except that cb that’s been out since the semi
Meanwhile we will have hagi , Morelos , helander and prob Roofe . Bastard
The stream that I watched on, commentator said that Hinteregger himself claims he's fit and is trying to convince the coaches he's up for it. Said something about seeking a second medical opinion.

Think there's a lot of the old mind games at play from them.

The stream that I watched on, commentator said that Hinteregger himself claims he's fit and is trying to convince the coaches he's up for it. Said something about seeking a second medical opinion.

Would not suprise me if he makes it . Just our luck it always feels that our players never make it yet every other teams does . Does anyone have faith Roofe plays Wednesday cos I don’t

Not a chance, he had surgery the other week after he got injured and they done a big tweet about how his season was over.

If Roofe was playing at all on Wednesday then he would be on the bench today
Why would he? 4.5 days additional rest. He could be on the training pitch tomorrow and play. He only played a few weeks ago, he’s a professional athlete and has been doing gym work in the interim.

If a player stops training completely it takes approx 4 weeks for any slowdown in their physical ability to start. He can and may play as long as his injury has healed. We unfortunately don’t know if it has however.

Dortmund and Leipzig are clearly better teams however my worry is that this is a one legged affair and we don't have Ibrox to fall back on.

I actually think Red Star Belgrade gave us the toughest test in Europe this season.
Said similar to a colleague through the week, I firmly believe Red Star was the toughest tie we’ve played in this run, they were a very tidy side.

You want N'Dicka and Lindstrom to play and hope they aren't 100%. In a final everyone is flying so a couple below maximum capacity is like playing with 10 men.

Was searching for a stream for this and found an analysis piece on Frankfurt. The CH that will likely be out seems to build the majority of their play. Their biggest threat is Kostic out on the left apparently which might pin Tav back a bit.

Think it’s as close to 50/50 as you could probably ask for. Means it’ll likely be a nightmare for the nerves but it’s as good as a Scottish team can hope for in a European final.

They concede goals and we are capable of scoring goals. We need to keep a close eye on Borre. He is a huge threat. Looking at game against Barcelona they were shooting on site and cracking efforts too getting them a couple of goals. We can’t give them time outside the box.

tumblr_moptm6I2L91qbcb48o4_250.gifv

Rode off at halftime was announced before the game.
That Mainz goal was disallowed for hand (well, upper arm) not any - obviously nonexistent - foul on Trapp. Still a lucky decision and all.
Yeah, if you believe BILD Hinteregger is "working hard for a miracle cure" and might play. But you can not ever believe BILD.

Dortmund and Leipzig are clearly better teams however my worry is that this is a one legged affair and we don't have Ibrox to fall back on.

I actually think Red Star Belgrade gave us the toughest test in Europe this season.

It's a neutral venue not an away tie, Gio won't approach it thinking we have Ibrox to fall back on, that was clearly an away game tactic, he'll go to win.

By the time the game comes around they will be better than Bayern.

They won’t be better than Bayern Munich and the league table doesn’t lie but they’ll be more dangerous than both Leipzig and Dortmund IMO. We won’t have the Ibrox crowd behind us, they have nothing to lose and they play a different style of football to what those two do - it’s a one off winner takes all.

They are unbeaten in Europe this season, poor domestically. The atmosphere certainly won’t faze them like it did Dortmund and Leipzig.

They may not have names like Bellingham, Haaland, Reus, Nkunku, Gvardiol, Laimer, Olmo but they’ve got a squad of honest, hard working, experienced players similar to what we do.

They won’t be better than Bayern Munich and the league table doesn’t lie but they’ll be more dangerous than both Leipzig and Dortmund IMO. We won’t have the Ibrox crowd behind us, they have nothing to lose and they play a different style of football to what those two do - it’s a one off winner takes all.

They are unbeaten in Europe this season, poor domestically. The atmosphere certainly won’t faze them like it did Dortmund and Leipzig.

They may not have names like Bellingham, Haaland, Reus, Nkunku, Gvardiol, Laimer, Olmo but they’ve got a squad of honest, hard working, experienced players similar to what we do.
I have no idea how anyone can get to a euro final and have nothing to lose, the side that misses out will be devastated.

Think these comments also a bit disrespectful towards our players tbh, and probably comes from these stats website. When well you understand football isnt played on transfermarkt or whatever its called or decided by sky sports/bt pundits or even English or foreign journos that dont watch the spfl.

If Rangers had knocked Frankfurt out in a previous round and were about to play one of the other 2 German sides in the final you lot would be saying we have next to no chance as the step up in quality is massive.

There was only a few hundred, maybe 500 fans i think, in Dortmund.

they have nothing to lose and they play a different style of football to what those two do - it’s a one off winner takes all.
They have everything to lose.

They’re also very similar to Dortmund and RB Leipzig with the difference being they have inferior players both in the XI and wider squad.

Trying to compare them to other German Teams now is folly in any case because the situation of being in a Final, against an opponent they’ll fancy their chances against, renders such things are an utter irrelevance.

Aye, but they’ve no’ got Ryan Kent!

Had a quick look at the stats of both games they played against West Ham. Wets Ham had double the number of shots at home and had identical no of shots away from home playing with 10 men for most of the game. It looks like we should have plenty of chances. We just need to be clinical.

Back