Frankfurt playing a full strength side today

I know GvB and the backroom team will have Frankfurt more or less sussed out by now but I still hope we have sent an observer there to watch the game in Mainz reporting back final details to GvB. Local derbies can be played like cup games.

I know GvB and the backroom team will have Frankfurt more or less sussed out by now but I still hope we have sent an observer there to watch the game in Mainz reporting back final details qto GvB. Local derbies can be played like cup games.
This hasn't been played anything like a cup game to be honest

I think they’ll be a tougher opposition than both Dortmund and Leipzig.

Physical and aggressive. More organised at the back. Can be dangerous on the counter.

A couple of things. Can get caught on the counter attack and very narrow - we will get plenty opportunities down the sides.

Dortmund and Leipzig are clearly better teams however my worry is that this is a one legged affair and we don't have Ibrox to fall back on.

I actually think Red Star Belgrade gave us the toughest test in Europe this season.

Dortmund and Leipzig are clearly better teams however my worry is that this is a one legged affair and we don't have Ibrox to fall back on.

I actually think Red Star Belgrade gave us the toughest test in Europe this season.
And it's no coincidence that Red Star have experienced loud and hostile fixtures before so weren't that fazed by it.

Just Ndicka out injured apart from those we already know of then?

I say just, he is brilliant and their two best defenders will miss the final now by the looks of it.

It's hard to judge German sides as they don't seem to like defending these days, Frankfurt and Mainz looked good going forward, but it's hard to know if that's because they can't actually be arsed defending!

Said the same after watching Leipzig before we played them, they give teams a lot of chances.

If we come out the traps and hound them and press them high early we will blow them away early. If we can get an early early goal then a second they have to come out then leaves us to play out game.

I say just, he is brilliant and their two best defenders will miss the final now by the looks of it.
I wouldn't be so sure he will miss out. He wasn't limping when coming off the pitch. Could just have been a precaution. Fingers crossed though. Will be interesting to hear what the manager says after the game.

Dont think he was that badly injured judging by his reaction. Probably precaution coming off but hope hes struggling

Coach Oliver Glasner gave the all-clear for the 22-year-old after the Rhein-Main derby at FSV Mainz 05 (2-2) at the end of the Bundesliga season. Ndicka was injured and substituted in the middle of the second half. "It's nothing serious. He had blisters on his feet and a bit of pain in training," reported Glasner after the final whistle. The substitution was purely a precautionary measure.

In the duel with the Scottish runners-up next Wednesday in Seville, the Hessians hope are also hoping for the return of offensive player Jesper Lindström. The Dane suffered a thigh injury in Frankfurt's semi-final first leg win at West Ham United. "It's looking pretty good. Everything is going according to plan," said Glasner. Lindstrom is scheduled to start training again on Sunday.

Back