Fwather Forthter returning to them.

IIRC, he was a bit timid coming out for the ball

Him vs Alfie should be good for a laugh

He’s an upgrade, but at the end of the day Lennon is such a poor manager that his teams are equal to less than the sum of its parts.

To compensate for his lack of tactical nous he needs a substantially better team then everyone else. He doesn’t have that, trying to be unbiased I think overall the squads are fairly equal at the moment.

If they had Rodgers or another proper coach I’d make them favourites for the league with their current squad. But with Lennon, I make us clear favourites. The managers are the margins. Unless they also significantly upgrade their left-back, centre-back and defensive mid, my mind won’t change on that.

Ally and Walter identified his weakness with low shots, look how many goals we put past him low down?

Oh shit, you've just cut our goals quota against them, are you mental. They'll be readin this post and pass it ontae him.

Oh fuuk, Oh mammy that's torn it.

So much for sarcasm ehh.

According to my mate who is a saints season ticket holder he’s their highest paid player on £80k a week. Signed on a long term deal advised by Les Read who left the club last year. He’s played two games since December 2017 and hardly been in their match day squad since then. Trains Monday to Friday and collects his cash to sit at home and watch soccer Saturday.

According to my mate who is a saints season ticket holder he’s their highest paid player on £80k a week. Signed on a long term deal advised by Les Read who left the club last year. He’s played two games since December 2017 and hardly been in their match day squad since then. Trains Monday to Friday and collects his cash to sit at home and watch soccer Saturday.
I bet he sits there thinking that Nicholas and Merson are intellectuals.

Everyone's saying he's an upgrade, aye, an upgrade if he comes back in the form he left. How likely is that going to be? Even then, he was good for a howler back then too.

It's their defence that needs real work & they've already spent 10 mullyin on that & have decided it's best they sit on the bench.

He’s an upgrade, but at the end of the day Lennon is such a poor manager that his teams are equal to less than the sum of its parts.

To compensate for his lack of tactical nous he needs a substantially better team then everyone else. He doesn’t have that, trying to be unbiased I think overall the squads are fairly equal at the moment.

If they had Rodgers or another proper coach I’d make them favourites for the league with their current squad. But with Lennon, I make us clear favourites. The managers are the margins. Unless they also significantly upgrade their left-back, centre-back and defensive mid, my mind won’t change on that.

Who would you take out of their team to get a start in ours? Forrest is the only one I think would be a starter. McGregor I'd say is level par with Jack. The rest, they can keep.

Can't stand Craig Gordon but he's a decent shot stopper who pulled of a string of saves to stop our December win becoming a rout. I'll be quite happy if they pitch Forster in a week on Sunday instead, given his severe lack of game time.

Last edited:
Equivalent of us upgrading from Alnwick to McGregor.

Massive improvement for them unfortunately.

That is utter nonsense

He’s nowhere hear the same player due to injuries, can’t get on Southampton bench

I’m sure I read Bain is out for a while injured. Surprised they never went for Boruc he’s been doing a bit of mouthing about the Legia games.

Definitely an upgrade for them compared to Bain and Gordon. Fairly irrelevant for us though, if either Defoe or Morelos goes through 1 on 1 with him, I fancy them to burry it with ease. It’s a fan pleaser signing for them.

Signing a fourth choice keeper that's barely played for two years, yep that'll keep the mhanky hordes happy!!

In fairness. Gordon had a worse injury than that big goon and still looked decent for them. Decent signing for them if he can stay fit.

All i can muster about this news is a very large "meh"

i didnt think he was all that good the first time round and he wont be any better this time.

An improvement on Bain, yes. But thats not hard.

If this is one of their "3 or 4 more signings" that tobacco teeth was alluding to that they're trying to get in, then I for one am delighted.

This is just another pallet to be added onto the bonfire of doom that will be the night of 1st September for the filth.

mentally challenged meltdown pending.

Desperate times at the chamber of secrets. Forsters on about 70k a week at southampton without getting a sniff of game time, this deal is a season loan with recall option in January. Shop window springs to mind.

Equivalent of us upgrading from Alnwick to McGregor.

Massive improvement for them unfortunately.

Mate he’s had massive injury problems and is currently 3rd choice at best for Southampton and has barely played a meaningful game for an age, McGregor had just been Hulls player of the year when he came back.

That is utter nonsense

He’s nowhere hear the same player due to injuries, can’t get on Southampton bench

He’s well out of favour at a Premiership club, wouldn’t be the first player that’s happened too.

How on Earth do you know it’s utter nonsense? He’s a better keeper than what they have, who’s to say he won’t get fit and become a good player for them?

New goalie cos the other two are shite , ex player putting pressure on a referee in a cup game v dunfermline.... What next?

Mate he’s had massive injury problems and is currently 3rd choice at best for Southampton and has barely played a meaningful game for an age, McGregor had just been Hulls player of the year when he came back.

I know, I was mainly just using McGregor as an example in the upgrade in quality, appreciate the circumstances are different.

It’s a gamble for them, they will obviously be hopeful a run of games over a couple of months will get him up to speed.

If they get back the goalkeeper they sold then that's a massive upgrade. Given his injuries and lack of appearances in some time, I'd say that is highly unlikely.

Somethings obviously not right with him considering the size of the decline in his career to the point where he's now coming back to the spl at 31.

People saying he's a massive improvement on what they currently have may be correct but the guys no played in about 2-3 years, that is bound to have taken a toll on his body hopefully. Whilst he is (or was) a good shot stopper his kicking was absolutely woeful and i can only imagine that has got worse over the last few years of sitting his arse on the bench.

Also why is FF allowing his name to be spelled correctly?

Lastly i'll "back" him to fumble a Morelos shot in to his net next week.

Last edited:
You cannot dispute it's an upgrade, Lennon is hardly one to play from the back anyway.
Still what's pleasing is the millions that will go on wages with transfer and wages all to make him what the 3rd/4th best keeper in the league, when they surely could have got Lewis from the sheep, Marciano from Hivs and Bachman from Killie last season at less than a 1/3rd of the price.
Keep firing money at the problem haha we welcome the panic buying chase

Sounds alright to me! :D

A loan deal with a recall option, the guy played 1 game last season, rusty, against our current strike force. I hope they play him next week.

I’m fine with this.

He needs an awful lot of work to become anything like the keeper he was when he left.

Best of luck with that, Stevie Woods.

he was 3rd choice at Newcastle, then went to celtic did ok for a few years and now is 3rd choice at Southampton. good keeper by scottish standards though, but never an EPL player

Back