Fraser Group Collapsing

I get the sentiment towards him, he’s a scum bag and things are coming back to haunt him. But he’s a billionaire. He can walk away when he wants and live a life we’re unlikely to live with not a care in the world. When I see threads like this, taking satisfaction in his down fall with no regard for the fall out and the many people who will end up losing their livelihood due to him, doesn’t make me feel happy about anything. It’s just fucking depressing, Ashley does not give a %^*& and he’s loaded.

Down 60% in five weeks and his major investors have bailed by selling their shares and vowed never to reinvest with him . I agree it's not good for the employees and I sympathise with them.

I get the sentiment towards him, he’s a scum bag and things are coming back to haunt him. But he’s a billionaire. He can walk away when he wants and live a life we’re unlikely to live with not a care in the world. When I see threads like this, taking satisfaction in his down fall with no regard for the fall out and the many people who will end up losing their livelihood due to him, doesn’t make me feel happy about anything. It’s just fucking depressing, Ashley does not give a %^*& and he’s loaded.

His 'billions' aren't sitting in his bank account mate its made up of stock in companies he has invested in but mostly SDI/Frasers or what ever he is calling it these days. If that goes to the wall his worth drops dramatically. Sure he will have a couple of million maybe but actual cash at his disposal will be a small fraction of his 'total worth' including his shares in his own companies.

I hope he gets whats coming to him and his employees (the regular ones who work in his stores not the money hungry management who enforce his draconian working conditions on the workforce who have little choice but to work there).

Absolute cretin but owns virtually half the high street, so will have major impact on staff working for him

When a classy department store goes from Dior to Donnay the games up. As always you feel for the workers but mI have noticed a drop in the standards of staff and how much they care

His 'billions' aren't sitting in his bank account mate its made up of stock in companies he has invested in but mostly SDI/Frasers or what ever he is calling it these days. If that goes to the wall his worth drops dramatically. Sure he will have a couple of million maybe but actual cash at his disposal will be a small fraction of his 'total worth' including his shares in his own companies.

I hope he gets whats coming to him and his employees (the regular ones who work in his stores not the money hungry management who enforce his draconian working conditions on the workforce who have little choice but to work there).
Yes, I’m aware of the set up, but he is a billionaire as it stands, so I’m not wrong. He’s also a cvnt and did not get where he is from being a good person. If he has to walk away he’ll still going to have personal wealth in the 100s of millions. Best outcome for us is that we are rid of him completely. It’s the masses that suffer when pricks like him pull the plug or it’s pulled for him!

He will see this as an opportunity rather than a problem. Be many companies he will try to pick up on cheap. It’s his raison d’etre

Yes, I’m aware of the set up, but he is a billionaire as it stands, so I’m not wrong. He’s also a cvnt and did not get where he is from being a good person. If he has to walk away he’ll still going to have personal wealth in the 100s of millions. Best outcome for us is that we are rid of him completely. It’s the masses that suffer when pricks like him pull the plug or it’s pulled for him!

Honestly the best thing for all is his financial ruin, most of his staff will find other jobs if this disgusting mans empire is brought to its knees financially. I truly hope he looses the lot and is tied up in litigation for years.

As others have said, he doesn't have his billions in the bank.

That figure will be well down now but he won't be poor and penniless, for a couple of reasons!

Won'e shed any tears over this if it turns out to be true, but I suspect Ashley and Sports Direct will come out of this ok, he will likely use it as an opportunity to shed staff and cut rent payments to his landlords

In an ideal world his whole empire will collapse,he is out on his arse and some one with a social conscience will pick it up for pennies and re employ the staff.
Fancyfull thinking I am sure,but it would be some form of justice for all those who have been shafted by him.

I believe he owns 65% so he can and generally does what he wants. Wouldn't surprise me if he bought shares himself when the price is low.

There must be someone waiting in the wings to step in with some of his shops maybe not SD but the more reputable brands where’s Tom Hunter when you need him

I can see Ashley shamelessly feeding on the carcasses of the smaller businesses that go to the wall this year, as others have said, it's what he does.

Companies like Amazon will only get more powerful during this crisis as well.

That bastard will still be here in the coming years, and will continue to buy up small companies in bother

If it went into administration he would buy it back up for a song while dumping a pile of debt.

The entire stock market has crashed over the last few weeks, I wouldn’t recommend checking your pension performance over the same period.

Back