Fraserburgh on Sunday

Ballymena_Loyal

So..... back to the real business on Sunday and a nice wee game to ease us back into competitive action.

What way do we approach this? Do we play our strongest team possible or do we give a few of our fringe players a run out?

Personally I go with strongest possible. This could be a game if we play to our potential we will put 7 or 8 by our opponents and get a bit of confidence flying going into the Aberdeen game on Wednesday night. Competitve games cant come quick enough again.

Just hope we get no more injuries

So..... back to the real business on Sunday and a nice wee game to ease us back into competitive action.

What way do we approach this? Do we play our strongest team possible or do we give a few of our fringe players a run out?

Personally I go with strongest possible. This could be a game if we play to our potential we will put 7 or 8 by our opponents and get a bit of confidence flying going into the Aberdeen game on Wednesday night. Competitve games cant come quick enough again.

I think it’s got to be strongest available.

Goss and Murphy could easily start

Jack and McCrorie won’t play so hopefully it’s Goss and Halliday or Holt and not Holt and Halliday. Seen enough of them two together last season to last me a life time of fear. Never want to see them in the same team ever.

Jack and McCrorie won’t play so hopefully it’s Goss and Halliday or Holt and not Holt and Halliday. Seen enough of them two together last season to last me a life time of fear. Never want to see them in the same team ever.

I think it will be Goss and Halliday.

Is Jack going to be back for the sheep game?

Have you heard an update on them mate ?

For me I go

Alnwick
Tav A.Wilson Bates John
Goss
Barjonas Halliday

Atiyaki Cummings murphy

Fod Morelos Holt Hardie Wilson Hodson Moh Candeias

Bring on Hardie and Moh if we are winning comfortably Morelos and candeias if we are drawing.

I would mix it up given we now have 5 games in 2 weeks. The squad is big enough now for to mix it up so we should use it to our advantage and keep the better players fresh for the sheep next Wednesday.

Cummings likely to get a run out too? I’d go for a strong team and get the job done with a convincing victory to boot! Nae 100% sure as I only follow rangers and not any other club unlike some but I believe the sheep have a tricky tie v st. Mirren or someone so here’s hoping they get an upset too!

I’d start
Alnwick/Kelly
Tav, Bates, D. Wilson, John
Halliday, Goss
Candeias, Windass, Murphy
Morelos

Need to remember Murphy and Goss haven’t played much for their parent clubs, Halliday needs game time too.
If we are 3-0 up with an hour gone I’d throw Cummings on to give Morelos a rest. Wouldn’t play MOH at all. He’d be cup tied and a less attractive option to other SPFL Prem teams still in the competition who might want him on loan.
Don’t see this being as straight forward as we all might imagine.

I'd hope that we've done a wee bit of research re pitch state and size, but Murty has already proved quite adept in his last couple of games in picking teams balanced between youth and experience.

I’d like us to start fast and go for the jugular. 442
Alnwick
Tav
Martin
Wilson
John
Candieas
Goss
Halliday
Murphy
Morelos
Cummings

Goss/AH/Murphy/Martin & JC all need game time for match sharpness.

Get the game won early and some goals for sharpness and Hardie can come on for Alfie and maybe give Ateyki or Barjonas some minutes.
First things first get the game won. This is still our best chance at a trophy this season.

The weather looks terrible for up there at the weekend. Hope this isn't cancelled.

My thoughts today as well. Sadly can't see the game being on as the weather's supposed to be bad in the next few days/weekend with snow forecast.

My thoughts today as well. Sadly can't see the game being on as the weather's supposed to be bad in the next few days/weekend with snow forecast.
Forecast for up there isn’t bad. 2-4 and sunny.
It’s a sky game so they’ll probably have hired the heated covers. They won’t want this game cancelled as sky may not be available for a re-arranged date and that kind of money is a lifeline to a club like that.
They don’t tend to get much snow on the coast.

Give the new signings a chance to settle in and also start the players coming back from loan, gives them to show the Murty why they should be playing. apart from that, I would give some of the youngsters a chance to make there debut. Aslong as we go to the next round I'm happy

I’d like us to start fast and go for the jugular. 442
Alnwick
Tav
Martin
Wilson
John
Candieas
Goss
Halliday
Murphy
Morelos
Cummings

Goss/AH/Murphy/Martin & JC all need game time for match sharpness.

Get the game won early and some goals for sharpness and Hardie can come on for Alfie and maybe give Ateyki or Barjonas some minutes.
First things first get the game won. This is still our best chance at a trophy this season.

Murty won't play a straight 4-4-2 mate.

It’s a sky game so they’ll probably have hired the heated covers. They won’t want this game cancelled as sky may not be available for a re-arranged date and that kind of money is a lifeline to a club like that.

Game will be played on the 24th if it’s cancelled. Sure I read that on here?

Forecast looks fine for up there.

Looking forward to the trek and seeing how the new lads fit in.

Truth be told, we're looking at a squad where our strongest approach is hard to identify. There's only a couple of positions now where rotation or injury will see a major drop in ability.

With Aberdeen on Wednesday, and new signings needing games, I think Sunday will be something of a "rotated" team.

Your right about the snow. Frost would potentially be the only real problem

It has to be our strongest team available.

I dunno about this.

We’ve got a lot of miles out of the likes of Candeias, Morelos etc. And I refuse to believe we can’t, as an example, swap out those 2 for Murphy & Cummings and not be comfortable.

I think a lot of us have been conditioned by McCoist heaping praise on these minnows when we played them.

No harm to them, and this is an exaggeration, but if even a team along the lines of;

Alnwick, Hodson, Bates, Cardoso, John, Kranjcar, Halliday, O’Halloran, Windass, Murphy, Cummings - can’t handle Fraserburgh then we’re in bother.

Show respect at all times to opponents, Big Jock Wallace was the Berwick manager and goalie when they shocked us all those years ago.

He wouldnae put a weak RANGERS team out to play in a cup game for naebody. Jeest get the job done.

Don't think it will be the strongest team mix of both, our fringe players should see off Fraserburgh, im thinking

Alnwick
Hodson Bates Wilson John
Goss Holt
Candeias Windass Halliday
Cummings

Its his natural position one hes always said he prefers playing instead of CDM, can't see him playing out there in any games of importance but could more than do a job against fraserburgh

He's far more comfortable playing centrally, in front of the DM, as Florida and the Scottish Cup semi against them has proved.

Game will be played on the 24th if it’s cancelled. Sure I read that on here?
Game will be played on 31st if cancelled or replayed needed, meaning our game with Partick would be cancelled.

Same goes if Particks tie with QoTS is cancelled or their game finishes in a draw.

True mate I had him central first then Windass left but swapped them due to Josh's effectiveness in the middle, they two could change about no problem. Just thinking Cummings would thrive off of crosser from a left footer and a right footer respectively.

He's far more comfortable playing centrally, in front of the DM, as Florida and the Scottish Cup semi against them has proved.
True mate I had him central first then Windass left but swapped them due to Josh's effectiveness in the middle, they two could change about no problem. Just thinking Cummings would thrive off of crosser from a left footer and a right footer respectively.

It's nice to have plenty of options for once mate.

Game will be played on 31st if cancelled or replayed needed, meaning our game with Partick would be cancelled.

Same goes if Particks tie with QoTS is cancelled or their game finishes in a draw.

Ah right enough. I knew it was a midweek game that it would effect. Cheers sir

Reactions: M@x

Two up front, and a strong side. More or less what we would play against Aberdeen, except with two strikers, and probably giving Cummings a start ahead of Windass so he’s more match fit. Not sure exactly who is fit but would be tempted by:

Foderingham
Tavernier Bates Wilson John
Candeias Holt/McCrorie (if fit) Goss Murphy
Morelos Cummings

Back