Match Thread ** Fraserburgh v Rangers - 19:30 Wed 31st - Sky Sports **

Can't really be making excuses against teams like this. We lacked imagination and creativity. The performance was dull and uninspiring suggesting some players are not up to challenging for a start. Sadly Cummings was one such player, but I keep hope he is just lacking match practice.

when we play fast, high tempo, in their faces - we play well
when we plod about, take our time for no reason and piss about with it - we struggle

horrible pitch, horrible weather, but we won, and some of our fringe players got some game time. Windass of course was excellent, Holt was lively as usual. Jamie Murphy looked sharp when he came on too. Next!

Tell you what tho, Niko might well be done but he's still f*cking gorgeous. Most beautiful man to play for us since Laudrup.

Boyd thinks that Halliday and kranjcar have “staked a claim” for the first team! That game only proved that the players in possession of the jerseys are there for a reason. Cardoso of the out of favour players did ok, Candeias was typically energetic and Windass was the standout. Halliday, Hodson, Niko, all terrible.

People are kidding themselves on if they believe Bates can be a starting centre back for us progressing forward. Far too poor on the ball.

Let's accept Bates isn't the best on the ball. If you agree with that and and probably most folk agree with that why is he most often given the ball by the keeper and then why is left with the ball by the midfielders? Why is that not just natural for them to help him out?

Boyd thinks that Halliday and kranjcar have “staked a claim” for the first team! That game only proved that the players in possession of the jerseys are there for a reason. Cardoso of the out of favour players did ok, Candeias was typically energetic and Windass was the standout. Halliday, Hodson, Niko, all terrible.

That's why I pay six quid to watch it on RTV. Halliday and Krancjar?

Not pretty,did enough though to win,any surprises from our “squad players”?-not in my opinion,roll on Saturday with the A team,never thought the day would be here,and I’m saying thank phuk for windass.

Job done tonight but by f uck watching some of those players in a Rangers jersey tonight was embarrassing.

People having a go at Bates.. He did not have the main man up front chasing his balls down.

Is that a

hmmmmmmm-hmmmmmm.jpg

Hmmmmmm, or a

f482df2a8751c4b36c77eb068f404d8e76dbedb2e35b3fd8ae66ddb7b2d99b7c.jpg

Hmmmmmm?

:D :D :D

Boyd needs to stop sniffing the glue. Both players have just staked a claim to be shipped out the door before 12am.

I just don’t want to be seen as too critical but we need to start hammering these sort of sides.

There is no excuse for it, not the pitch, not the opposition, not the weather. They have a keeper playing at Highland League level, we should have been peppering his goal with shots.

I’m stunned about the way they’re taking about Niko just now.

He’s still got a reasonable touch but he can’t play high level football anymore as his body is done

I cannot think of any set of circumstances in which Niko should be anywhere near the first team from now on. Sad to say but it was painful to watch him tonight.

Kris Commons, ex pro, talking about the intelligence and impact Niko had tonight.

FF, talking about how he's finished as a footballer.

This place is full of folk who have no clue.
That must include me. I thought he was shite tonight.

Ach well. The game is all about opinions

Murty slipping into giving too much to the media a little there. He's too chatty with the cuntos. Keep it short and sweet Graeme and do our business behind closed doors please.

Kris Commons, ex pro, talking about the intelligence and impact Niko had tonight.

FF, talking about how he's finished as a footballer.

This place is full of folk who have no clue.

You need knees to play football, Nico's are ruined. It's uncomfortable watching him.

I thought he said more than he should have. "A confused young man, agents haven't helped"

Seems Morelos wants to go and we've told him no.

Hard to know what to make of it. It does seem like he's saying the player's head has been turned but Rangers were trying to convince him otherwise.

I don't agree about saying more than he should. Refreshing change from the cryptic nonsense employed by Warburton and Caixinha.

Boyd comments on Halliday and Kranjcar. Laughable from him

Thought Halliday was awful

Kranjcar is also IMO a sub in last 10/15 mins. He was a top player in his day but he struggles with 90 mins

Windass done very well and he’s a confidence player so hopefully he can keep scoring.

In the next round but it was a hard watch.

"don't know why I got a yellow"
"harsh penalty against us"
"we should have had a penalty"

This guy Christie doesn't seem like he's all there....

Hard to know what to make of it. It does seem like he's saying the player's head has been turned but Rangers were trying to convince him otherwise.

I don't agree about saying more than he should. Refreshing change from the cryptic nonsense employed by Warburton and Caixinha.

The way he spoke was intriguing - "bids being made, bids being taken away"

I wonder if his agent has been filling his head with shite the past week....

To be fair he's probably got a much better understanding of football than 100% of FF.
To be fair if you think Niko is a good as Commons thinks then that person will be as clued up on football as the glue sniffer boyd... Two clueless fu ckwits.

You need knees to play football, Nico's are ruined. It's uncomfortable watching him.

You're not alone in that belief clearly.

Hence why football in this country is so brutal to watch nowadays, folk don't want flair anymore, they want folk who will literally run through a brick wall and come out the other side still standing.

And it's how a guy who played such a key role in all 3 goals tonight, is then praised by 2 pros, is heavily criticised on a football forum who all exhibit the above.

Back