Match Thread ** Fraserburgh v Rangers - 19:30 Wed 31st - Sky Sports **

The way he spoke was intriguing - "bids being made, bids being taken away"

I wonder if his agent has been filling his head with shite the past week....

Yes, he did suggest that his agent was not being helpful in the process which is in contrast to his media comments last week.

At least the fans know where we stand now. It's a question of whether Morelos can be refocused. If he puts his foot down, though, he's for the off, by the sounds of it.

Yes, he did suggest that his agent was not being helpful in the process which is in contrast to his media comments last week.

At least the fans know where we stand now. It's a question of whether Morelos can be refocused. If he puts his foot down, though, he's for the off, by the sounds of it.

With the Chinese window closing later, we'll have a couple of weeks to see how Morelos responds.

Yeah, agreed. What I will say in Murty's defence is that if it comes to sweet talking a player or putting an arm around him to tell him how much we value them then I think it's a job he can do a lot better than the previous manager.

Kid gloves might be needed here. And he's perfect for that.

My point is, against a Highland League keeper we should have been peppering him with shots to test him out. Or do you not agree?
thankfully Windass got the message, was it not 3 shots and 3 goals from him tonight? I can only remember Cummings, Krancjar and Candeias being the others with an attempt on goal...

Why? He certainly is a better football player than 100% of FF but that doesn’t necessary make him a great insightful analysis.

No, but but he'll have a far better understanding than anyone on here the level of performance an individual has had in a game based on his own personal experience in the same profession.

Where-as folk on here will criticise because he didn't run 23 miles or make 13 slide tackles.

Not the greatest game to watch but a 3-0 away cup win with a team full of fringe players will do me, after all it was the highlanders cup final.

Bring on the spoonburners.

Yes thank you for ruining match of the day by randomly putting EPL scores into a thread about Rangers playing Fraserborough.
Can we please try to avoid that in future as some of those council telly watches don’t have the benefit of sky sports

Yes thank you for ruining match of the day by randomly putting EPL scores into a thread about Rangers playing Fraserborough.
Can we please try to avoid that in future as some of those council telly watches don’t have the benefit of sky sports
Just made the same point earlier on and got the usual stupid sarcy comments that i expected back!

Good win, pitch unplayable for pro football.

Murty still msking same mistakes which is worrying.

Niko cant play again, allowing Bates to constantly fail to pass to a Gers player is unacceptable.

Not the greatest game to watch but a 3-0 away cup win with a team full of fringe players will do me, after all it was the highlanders cup final.

Bring on the spoonburners.

Murty gambled tonight with the team selection. He got away with it but I still think he was wrong in doing it. The Scottish Cup is a big tournament for us and he should have started with our strongest team and not take any risks. If you bang in 2 or 3 early goals you can then go to your bench and put on 2 or 3 fringe players. What did we learn tonight or gain by playing Krancjar and Hodson? By taking that chance tonight Murty put his head on the chopping block and if I saw him I would have told him it was not worth the risk. A freezing cold windy January night in the Broch is not a place to take risks in the cup. I think Dundee came a cropper up there many years ago and that mob from Parkhead narrowly avoided a similar fate a few seasons later. The cup means a lot to our supporters. When we go down to Ayr in the next round Murty has to play his strongest team. I am relieved and pleased we won tonight but at the same time annoyed with our manager.

I agree that Hodson and some others maybe shouldn't have played tonight but what if Murty played a full strength team and some of our best players got injured? We'd be going to town on him and at least he made his subs earlier this time to put that fear to bed...

No real gripes over the team selection tonight. What I would say was notable though was that with Niko and Halliday in the middle our overall tempo is much, much slower. Not exactly surprising though.

The Dressing Room tonight,

DU5O87HWsAA1PTd.jpg

It was a piss poor performance but we have witnessed plenty like that before and, to be honest, i wasn't expecting much from the game.I thought Cardoso looked okay, Windass scored a couple of good goals but apart from that not much to write about.
I like Murty but there is that wee niggle in my mind when he plays Krancjar, hopefully it's because we had nobody else to put in there tonight rather than Murty thinking the player is still a viable option.

Murty gambled tonight with the team selection. He got away with it but I still think he was wrong in doing it. The Scottish Cup is a big tournament for us and he should have started with our strongest team and not take any risks. If you bang in 2 or 3 early goals you can then go to your bench and put on 2 or 3 fringe players. What did we learn tonight or gain by playing Krancjar and Hodson? By taking that chance tonight Murty put his head on the chopping block and if I saw him I would have told him it was not worth the risk. A freezing cold windy January night in the Broch is not a place to take risks in the cup. I think Dundee came a cropper up there many years ago and that mob from Parkhead narrowly avoided a similar fate a few seasons later. The cup means a lot to our supporters. When we go down to Ayr in the next round Murty has to play his strongest team. I am relieved and pleased we won tonight but at the same time annoyed with our manager.
Wise up, he got it right.

For those that were watching the game on TV tonight......
The conditions made it almost impossible to play any sort of football.

It was constantly blowing a gale, the surface was pish and the pitch was that tight that the penalty box markings were only a couple of yards from the touch line.

If ever there was a night to play fringe players, get a result and get down the road without any serious injuries then this was it.

This result and performance will bear absolutely no relevance to what happens for the rest of the season.

What utter nonsense.

We won an awful match on a dreadful pitch with ease. A poor performance, but much as the more ‘restrained’ of us on here forecast. The fact we won at a canter suggests Murty didn’t ‘gamble’, rather he selected a team that he knew was capable of doing the job. All we had to do tonight was win. We did so, with ease and, at the same time, gave a few of our more important players a rest before a tough game against Hibs this weekend. It also confirmed, if it was necessary, that many of the fringe players are not up to stepping in against better opposition.

Wise up, he got it right.

Very easy to be wise after the event. I was annoyed with his team selection before the game, said so on here and my opinion has not altered, He did not need to gamble last night but decided he would. When we go down to Ayr I hope he picks our strongest team.

Glad it's over, Hodson like a rabbit caught in headlights and Andy Halliday unfortunately just not good enough, but on to Somerset park now.
Hodson didn’t put a foot wrong and set up the 2nd goal with a great cross, and put in the only decent cross in the first half, didn’t give the ball away once unlike most of the team

We got the job done-tick
We have no further injuries-tick
We gave players a break prior to Hivs-tick
We got some service out of players wages we pay but ultimately won’t figure for us long term-tick
The constant sniping at our players is pathetic and is not worthy of real Rangers Supporters, job done, move on!

Was never going to be a classic with the weather conditions and awful pitch. I have no qualms with us playing some 2nd team players, thought Cardoso done well. Bates distribution needs worked on but his defending is very solid.

I know he gets a lot of stick as his legs are gone but Kranjcar was not bad last night, setting up 2 goals. He really tries and you can see that, but we never should have signed him.

Cummings doesn't seem suited to the lone striker role, so unless we experiment with 2 up top, it's going to be difficult for him until he gets used to it and more match fit.

Windass took his goals well and hopefully it's the first hat trick of many, whilst we are good at criticising players, he is a sign that sometimes you just need patience with a player and let them show us what they can achieve, just think he could have easily been long gone by now along with Crooks etc if supporters had any say.

It was a piss poor performance but we have witnessed plenty like that before and, to be honest, i wasn't expecting much from the game.I thought Cardoso looked okay, Windass scored a couple of good goals but apart from that not much to write about.
I like Murty but there is that wee niggle in my mind when he plays Krancjar, hopefully it's because we had nobody else to put in there tonight rather than Murty thinking the player is still a viable option.
Between injuries , suspensions and late registrations we didn't really have a great deal of options.

The team put out was still full of top level players earning '000s a week. We were playing a highland team and we have a huge game at the weekend.

We won 3-0 and barely broke sweat , looks to me the manager got it spot on.

Between injuries , suspensions and late registrations we didn't really have a great deal of options.

The team put out was still full of top level players earning '000s a week. We were playing a highland team and we have a huge game at the weekend.

We won 3-0 and barely broke sweat , looks to me the manager got it spot on.

I have seen far too many 'certainties' go down in my lifetime. You do not take risks in knockout cup competitions. I don't know why he felt the need to do so and I hope he resists any temptation to do so when we play Ayr.

Poor game last night, we didnt seem to get going. Happy for Windass for his Hattrick. Halliday was very poor and Cummings couldn't get in to the game but give him the benefit of the doubt. Thought Niko played well although think I may be the only one!

Also, no idea how anyone can slate Fod for distribution. Surely last night shows how valuable that side of his game is.

I have seen far too many 'certainties' go down in my lifetime. You do not take risks in knockout cup competitions. I don't know why he felt the need to do so and I hope he resists any temptation to do so when we play Ayr.
You're like a dog with a bone. You thought Murty took an unnecessary risk with that team, most people disagree and Murty gave fringe players a run out.
Ayr away is much more difficult than Fraserburgh away and the team he selects will reflect this.

Why are people moaning?

We went up the play a highland league side, we knew the pitch would be awful and it wouldn't be pretty. We won 3-0 without getting out of 2nd gear. No injuries and everyone fresh for Saturday.

Am I missing something?

Yes, the performance was awful and the energy levels weren't great either. Take Andy Halliday for instance. That level of performance saw us beaten off Progres. I like Murty, but anyone saying that was a "good win" is kidding themselves on.

Poor game last night, we didnt seem to get going. Happy for Windass for his Hattrick. Halliday was very poor and Cummings couldn't get in to the game but give him the benefit of the doubt. Thought Niko played well although think I may be the only one!

Also, no idea how anyone can slate Fod for distribution. Surely last night shows how valuable that side of his game is.

You aren't the only one. That could have been a draw without him.

Why are people moaning?

We went up the play a highland league side, we knew the pitch would be awful and it wouldn't be pretty. We won 3-0 without getting out of 2nd gear. No injuries and everyone fresh for Saturday.

Am I missing something?
yes. folk on here just like to moan no matter what we do :rolleyes::):p

Back