Free 'Bowl' Wifi at Ibrox This Evening

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
Saw this on the Club website:

IF YOU are heading to Ibrox today for the Real Madrid match you can access FREE in-stadium bowl WIFI.

Last season the club announced a partnership with Sky to provide state-of-the-art WIFI technology inside Ibrox Stadium that is now available to supporters on match days for FREE.

Sky is the UK’s leading provider of entertainment and communication, built on over 25 years of market transformation and innovation. Sky WIFI is the number one WIFI provider to stadia in the UK.

The new WIFI system, which will be tested with fans inside Ibrox, will bring a new level of connectivity on a matchday to allow supporters to access the internet from their own seat within the stadium.

In order to access the WIFI, fans attending Ibrox will connect their mobile device by choosing to join “The Cloud WIFI”, (_The Cloud) and then creating an account to join and browse the internet from their seat.

Alongside Sky, Rangers partnered with fan engagement company Low6 to develop an exciting fan app which you can download from Google Play or the Apple Store now.

If you are travelling to Ibrox for the Madrid match at the weekend, please test the WIFI with your mobile device at your seat and if you have any feedback please email digital@rangers.co.uk as we continue to work towards a full Ibrox Stadium.

It’ll be nice to be able to check my football coupon at half time and cash out if it’s a serious option.

On it right now. Did a little speed test: 30mbps. A real test will be the first full house.

Just a wee heads up that it’s not a secure connection.

However just set it up and working fine. Nice and speedy.

Just a wee heads up that it’s not a secure connection.

However just set it up and working fine. Nice and speedy.
Not for me, just did a speed test, 0.56 mbs. My 5G working perfectly tho so I'll stick to that until they get things ironed out.

Who is still on 3G?! Serious question. Thought all phones these days came with 5G?
I used to switch to 3G in the stadium sometimes - seemed to work better.

I don’t have 5G - have zero interest in spending money on the latest expensive and fragile toy

Reactions: GF1
Who is still on 3G?! Serious question. Thought all phones these days came with 5G?
I think almost everyone will be on 4G (at least) but when you’re in a large crowd, it can be better to drop to 3G. It’s slower yes but it’s less clogged compared to 4G so you actually get your requests through.

was terrible and fell over completely during game

Conencted fine but offered no internet service

Have kept some screenshots to mail to the feedback email

Dropped out at half time for me. Couldn’t get back on and so gave up. I hope the club are monitoring it as clearly ht is when it’s going to have most use.

As for 3G, I still drop onto that in the stadium. There’s no way I get on using 4g. It’s fine for checking other scores at ht and the odd text message.

Why do folk need an internet connection during a 2hr spell at the fitbaw ?
I was wanting to come on FF to gauge views from folk watching at home. Send some photos and videos to folk, etc.

Normally I’d use it for checking other scores and things.

Think it’s perfectly normal and reasonable to use some of those things a connection is needed for.

Why do folk need an internet connection during a 2hr spell at the fitbaw ?
It's the different between need and want mate. No one needs it but most will want it.

Half time is a good example. Also keeping in touch with people. Aye the answer will be what did folk do years ago but it's called progress.

Was pish for me - got connected for about 5 mins (long enough to put a bet on) then didn’t work after that.

Now wishing it hadn’t worked at all and I’d be a tenner up.

Back