Free kicks edge of the box

BB should've taken it. Hagi was bursting with confidence so can't blame him wanting a shot. However, it's possible to have multiple options - so if a free-kick is awarded centrally then the option to go both ways.

I watched a bit of the Juve game after ours,Ronaldo hit a free kick straight into the defensive wall.
Even the best don't get them all right.

Not sure why our last few in recent weeks has seen Davis, Arfield, Tav and now Hagi take them

I know Hagi scored last week albeit from a wild deflection but for me it’s time Barisic resumed this duty as he’s by far the best

Should also take over the penalties as he’s the cleanest striker of the ball we have IMO
I bet borna. He would have scored but would it have meant we won? I'll keep loosing cash as long as we keep performing like that. And I'll be happy. Next pen down the middle!

Hagi has scored plenty of free kicks. If he had scored last night this thread wouldn't exist. As it happens he didn't and Borna will be on the next one. Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't think it was as cut and dry as folk are making out.

Was disappointed Borna never hit it. Hopefully he'll resume the responsibility.
Hagi's was a poor effort and I had a horrible feeling he was going to miss the PK.
But fair play to the lad, he doesn't lack confidence!
If he had real pace, he'd be at Barcelona already.

Not sure why our last few in recent weeks has seen Davis, Arfield, Tav and now Hagi take them

I know Hagi scored last week albeit from a wild deflection but for me it’s time Barisic resumed this duty as he’s by far the best

Should also take over the penalties as he’s the cleanest striker of the ball we have IMO

All free kicks central, or to the right of the penalty box should be Borna's imo.

Obviously a free kick on the left hand side of the box is far trickier for a left footer.

We score the penalty then their manager can change things in the changing room at half time.
We take the lead with 30 to play it was harder to chase the game.
The big picture was job done.

I was sure Borna was going to fire it into the top corner. Hagi must be seen as a better free kick taker but that was set up for Borna last night i thought.

The players who takes penalties, free kicks etc will probably take more, score some, miss some. Maybe we should just do rotation system of everyone, that should resolve the problem

Off topic but remember when we had fantastic free kick takers like Albertz and GVB and big Amoruso would try to take them :D and they would almost always end up in the stand.

Back