French authorities asked to reconsider decision to emd season

TylerDurden

Official Ticketer

Lyon president has asked the French authorities to reconsider their decision to end the season early due to the financial implications it is going to put on the game.

Be interested to see if it gains any traction when you look at the other leagues who have returned or preparing to return.

I hope it does happen and it transpires that Scotland is the only European country to end early to show it up for the farce it is

Lyon president has asked the French authorities to reconsider their decision to end the season early due to the financial implications it is going to put on the game.

Be interested to see if it gains any traction when you look at the other leagues who have returned or preparing to return.

How are clubs going to be better off financially by the league not being finished early ?

giphy.gif

How are clubs going to be better off financially by the league not being finished early ?

If we had even played half of those 8 games ( plus our extra one ) the £10m liability in
Scotland would have been down to around £5m you would assume.

WHY was it stopped so quickly ? WHY were we second out of 55 European countries
to approach UEFA ?

We know why, but it still rankles with me.

If most of Europe have their domestic leagues back up and running within 4 weeks then Scottish football will stick out like a sore thumb for both inability to manage and deep rooted corruption.

But that will not bother the media lapdogs or Cel*ic's SPFL chums one bit.

Always tainted...

If c
Of course I have, what I mean is that with the current situation, no games being played so no money coming in, whether the league is called or not clubs would be in the same position.
The main issue with the leagues being called is the liability over the tv deal. The SPFL have a 10m liability due to the tv deal being so shit and Sky will be given free league sponsorship to keep them happy. Other bigger leagues like Ligue 1 were facing potential liabilities in the hundreds of millions. That's why you've seen Bundesliga return with the EPL pushing for the same result (complete all games).

If most of Europe have their domestic leagues back up and running within 4 weeks then Scottish football will stick out like a sore thumb for both inability to manage and deep rooted corruption.

But that will not bother the media lapdogs or Cel*ic's SPFL chums one bit.

Always tainted...

The media might not bother but I’d bet Uefa will have something to say about it before the start of next season.

I can’t see them sitting back while most leagues in Europe are completed and the SPFL made zero attempt to even try.

The more leagues that get back up and running the more the anger will grow against the yahoos getting near the champions league.

Back