French Football Federation complain to FIFA about the disallowed goal

Sport is becoming a joke where a room full of anonymous pricks 50 miles away are getting to decide the outcome and nobody actually at the game has any idea what is going on.

The Argentina penalty last night was an absolute farce.

Var should be restricted to offsides. Everything else it is just ruining.
It’s becoming to hard to make a case for Var but that’s firmly on fifa and the referees.

Just caught up with that and shocked that VAR gave that as a penalty - Messi gets to the ball and clearly heads it out only to then be caught by the keeper's hand.

Nobody thought that was a penalty apart from the officials it seems.
I haven’t seen it but what I’m reading here reads like a foul!
Messi plays the ball before being impeded?
If he plays the ball then the keeper’s leg trips him, it’s a foul.
Bear in mind, this is based solely on your post.

Sport is becoming a joke where a room full of anonymous pricks 50 miles away are getting to decide the outcome and nobody actually at the game has any idea what is going on.

The Argentina penalty last night was an absolute farce.

Var should be restricted to offsides. Everything else it is just ruining.
So refereeing errors like Clancy v Kent don’t get fixed?

It was nothing like that, the keepers outstretched arm and momentum caused his hand to touch Messi’s face.

So refereeing errors like Clancy v Kent don’t get fixed?
You don't think Var will end up costing us just as many shite decisions over time? We've only had it 2 minutes, give it time. World Cup is supposed to be the pinnacle and basically getting to the point that if you breath on somebody a prick in a portacabin just tells the ref to award a penalty/red card etc.

I’m with you on this one.

For me, the defender goes back to head the ball because of another onside French player trying to get on the end of the cross. Not Griezmann. So, Griezmann wasn’t interfering with play.

After the ball is headed clear, Griezmann has got back onside for the second phase of play, and then scores.

However, as you’ve already said, it is as confusing as hell, these days. Even referees can’t agree.
That’s not unusual.
Frankly, from what I’m reading, there is no confusion.

You don't think Var will end up costing us just as many shite decisions over time? We've only had it 2 minutes, give it time. World Cup is supposed to be the pinnacle and basically getting to the point that if you breath on somebody a prick in a portacabin just tells the ref to award a penalty/red card etc.
I don’t think so because we have so much more possession of the ball than the opposition.
Also, it’s not my first consideration.
I’m just happy that, at the end of the day, there will be more correct decisions.

Wish we could go back to old skool offside, if you're offside your bloody well offside, flag up and no complaints, none of this second phase pish... any player in an offside position when ball is played forward flag up.. job done.
With VAR this would turn things ridiculous imo.

You would have goals disallowed where someone way out on the wing who has absolutely no bearing on play is called offside because their shoulder is slightly beyond the last man.

VAR is not perfect but it has improved things hugely. So many games were ruined in the past by incorrect decisions that would now get overturned with VAR.

I still can't understand why they don't use VAR when an incorrect decisions is made regarding a corner or goal kick, you still see refs giving goal kicks when it should be a corner, the VAR ref could have a quick word in the refs ear to let him know it should be a corner, wouldn't waste that much time.

Also VAR should be used to overturn incorrect yellow cards and not just red ones. Players can still get sent off for two incorrect yellow cards which doesn't make sense.

With VAR this would turn things ridiculous imo.

You would have goals disallowed where someone way out on the wing who has absolutely no bearing on play is called offside because their shoulder is slightly beyond the last man.
Back to the old fashioned rule ? Can't say I agree at all. Anywhere behind that defensive line is offside when the ball played forward... no waiting an eternity for the linesman to flag etc... flag up straight away for an offside, how simple can it get ? Its all too complicated and technical now, the not interfering with play rule is nonsense.

Maybe you should watch it,before passing judgement.

Just like the penalty given against the Polish keeper. If that was a pen then it should of been against Gordon at Tynecastle.
Why wasn’t that a penalty? I’ve not actually seen anyone explain why it wouldn’t be, similar to Gordon. Szczęsny goes for the ball, doesn’t get it and clearly ends up with his glove in Messi’s face, the ball is still in play with the contact is initiated. If a defender goes for the ball, misses it and takes the player it’s a penalty, why should keepers get away with it? Thought Danny Murphy was talking pish personally. I never thought it would be given, but that’s only because keepers tend to get away with murder, same way they get free kicks if any player dares challenge them in the air.

As for the Griezmann goal. The French are cunts so I was fine with it to be honest.

This kind of poaching play is almost exactly why offside was introduced in the first place.

Definitely, he seems to be off at the start of most moves but scores and it’s allowed.

Always gaining an advantage by being offside initially.
Yea but I thought that was allowed and he was just being 'clever'

So what's the wrote rule going forward? I'd love it if he's going to be pulled up for it now

Germany's 4th goal allowed to stand here when a player who was offside for the ball into the box scores after it's knocked back to him, yet Griezmann's was offside. o_O

Wait till Germany see a decision in a game where they were not playing.
Just seen it again, not as convinced as i was earlier.

Last edited:
Is France's complaint not centred around the fact the referee blew for the final whistle and then looked at VAR which isn't allowed.

I didn't see the game, just the highlights which didn't show the full incident, but what I read suggested Tunisia kicked off after the goal then he blew for the final whistle and then checked the monitor. If that's the case then the goal can't be overturned anymore

Back