Friday Night Football

TN8

What fucking game you watching?

Actually tempted by Queens Park v Ayr Utd on BBC Scotland - top of the table clash.

Chelsea v Fulham on Sky Sports might be alright, didn't realise Fulham are 7th. Potter really needs to start picking up wins.

Also a couple of Spanish and German games on but who cares about them except The Athletic-subscribing, VL chin-stroking hipsters.

I like Potter, and he’s obviously a very good manager. But I just don’t see it ending well for him at Chelsea. He will always be beaten with the stick of how much money Chelsea have spent, yet their scatter gun approach to recruitment won’t help him get trophies.

I've put a few quid on Ayr as Queens Park sold their top scorer in the transfer window, Simon Murray.

All those comments about Fulham not beating Chelsea since the 1870s in the fourth division (or whatever it actually was, far more recently) makes me want to bet on Fulham to win.

Chelsea game for me, hopefully a few goals, no real iron in the fire in this one, not even a coupon!

Not much football being played in qp v Ayr. QP looking better. Game might settle down after about 80 minutes of blooterball.

Chelsea are brutal
It seems like they’ve went down the Everton route of just buying players and thinking it’ll just click. I might be wrong but doesn’t seem like any kind of strategy. I doubt Potter will see out the season either tbh.

He isn’t a CF though is he? They are crying out for a genuine CF
Said it himself

"I think that's a position that suits me well," he said. "Close to the goal behind a striker. That describes me as a player nicely so I always like playing in this role."

Back