Friday's draw

Ali59

Draw on Friday 28th for the last sixteen and quarter finals.
Sorry quarter finals and semi finals draw on same day, 20th March

Basel or LASK. I'd fancy our chances against either. We need the coefficient points. No way we can continue to work absolute miracles in qualification rounds of Europe.

People keep saying LASK but they’ve just overtaken a cracking Salzburg team in the Austrian Bundesliga.

Basel or LASK. I'd fancy our chances against either. We need the coefficient points. No way we can continue to work absolute miracles in qualification rounds of Europe.
No team will be easy. I think some don’t realise how good LASK actually are and Basel are still a top side.

People keep saying LASK but they’ve just overtaken a cracking Salzburg team in the Austrian Bundesliga.
They are an excellent team. But I'd look at the other teams in the draw and fancy most of them to beat LASK. We'll be underdogs against anyone, might as well be against a team from Austria who are the country directly above us in the coefficient table.

Id love that too but ill save it for a round, there should be a good few teams left in it that are of a similar standard to teams weve already played.
Braga, Feyenoord, Young Boys and even Legia Warsaw and Midtjylland would fancy their chances of beating a few of the teams left in it. Incredible achievement to knock all of these teams out, and to take 4 points from Porto too.

It’s crazy how I go into a European game with more confidence than a league game against the Mickey Mouse outfits that we’re facing on a weekly basis. But just goes to show the two things we’re missing in the league which is the hunger and domination to see games out and the tactics to break down 11 men behind the ball! But gerrard is the man to push us forward! I believe we are more than capable of going all the way in this competition

For revenge and historic purposes only, I want Eintracht Frankfurt in the next round of the Europa League. I won't state the aggregate score they beat us by in the European Cup Semi-finals of 1960- 61. However it would have been great to play Real Madrid (the best Real Madrid team ever) in the final at Hampden that year no matter how many they might have beaten us by.

Other than Eintracht Frankfurt, I would like us to play Roma in the next round but I just can't think of any reasons why!

Will be 3 huge games on the trot for us.
12/03/20 1st leg, 15/03/20 yahoos at Ibrox then 19/03/20 2nd leg

Last edited:
Copenhagen, Az alkmaar or Getafe dont fancy wolves or LASK. If it's one of the bigger teams, Inter or Arsenal

Any idea what happens if Celtic go through and we both end up with a fixture at home on the same night ?

I agree with this. The sheer length of the season is a major reason for the inability to sustain the required performance level. We need a longer summer break (don't we all!).

Fear no one, at this stage all sides will be decent but if we turn up and play, who knows where it will take us. Those in the draw will not relish Ibrox, living the dream;)

In that case, would they get to choose if they played at home first or would it be that however they were drawn out the hat? If you know what I mean.

Doesn't matter they don't choose if both are drawn to play home in the same leg it is our game that reserved

Rangers v ???
Celtic v ???

beccmes

??? v Rangers
Celtic v ???

Doesn't matter they don't choose if both are drawn to play home in the same leg it is our game that reserved

Rangers v ???
Celtic v ???

beccmes

??? v Rangers
Celtic v ???
Cheers. Are there any other potential same city club draws that we need to be wary of before folk go wild and start booking flights etc?

Teams will certainly not want to draw us.
I would say teams will see the potential opponents at this stage in the tourney and see us as a "could have been worse" draw,a good team but more of a winnable tie than others.
A bit like the reaction on here to getting braga in the last round.

Back